My 100 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

I finally finished sorting out my 100 favorite movies list and it sure was a hard one to put together. I know I said I would release this list late fall but decided to do it now since i'm done with it. I guess not ranking the movies helped me alot and get done quicker.

Reviews: Some entries will have small or more writing with quotes. I'm not that much into writing big essay reviews and may have a few words repeated, but what should matter anyways that I'm atleast telling you that I liked the movie. Movie posters will be added to each entry also.

Rankings:
100-11 is in a random order after that it's ranked solid. I'll have to agree with some people that make their lists, like for example the #72 movie might change to the #66 slot tomorrow for all we know which is why I decided to narrow it down to just 10 movies.

Remember this list is not about the best films, I'm no AFI or some lists that just has movies in there because it's a classic and everyone's favorite, nope none of that BS. This list contains the movies that I have enjoyed throughout the years of watching movies.

Let's get this list started and hoping you all enjoy it.

I Spit On Your Grave Remake (2010)

First off I want to say it takes some guts to make a film like this and remaking it to make it a much better and improved film while it waters some nasty stuff down from the original. This is definitely a guilty pleasure movie for me for sure and this movie is not for everyone since it's got some brutal and graphic scenes.

So if you're too sensitive or get bad reactions to these types of films, it's fine but once you watch it, just remember you decided to watch this movie and you can't blame the movie since it didn't talk you into watching it. if you're into these revenge type movies like me, there's a good chance that you're going to love it. The movie has some flaws like some other movies do but I say just use your imagination for the scenes that leave you in for questioning.

"Forgive me Father, for I have sinned."

(This is the only controversial movie on this list btw. I'll post four more movies later to give you guys sometime to check out the big review for #100)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The sequence where she uses fish hooks to pry the guys eyelids open and smear fish guts on his face so the birds can pluck out his eyes....yeesh.

I think this film is an improvement over the original as well, but as a film in general, it's probably mediocre at best.

Suspect's Reviews

Final Destination 5 (2011)
A guilty pleasure movie of mines which I enjoyed and also liked the other movies in the series as well.
While watching these films I find it interesting and entertaining to see how these main characters of each movies try to cheat death and seeing how some die so gruesomely.

" Death... doesn't like to be cheated.."

Lair Liar (1997)
Imagine having a wacko father that would tell you lies after lies, thank god I don't have one like that but in this movie, Jim Carrey played that role brilliantly, in overall this film was a fun one to watch.

"Stop breaking the law, a**hole!"

A Christmas Story (1983)
A great classic Christmas movie, the movie me and my family usually watch on Christmas day while opening presents.

"That Christmas would live in our memories as the year we were introduced to Chinese turkey.

In Time (2011)
I like it when movies use something creative in their movies like in this one which is about human life in the future that stops aging at the age of 25 and after that they must find more time before they die.

"Give me your time! I need time!"

I'll post 5 more tomorrow

The first Final Destination is the best one.

Liar Liar is classic Jim Carrey

In Time gets a lot of hate, but I rather enjoyed it.
I think In time gets alot of hate because Justin Timberlake is in it, if that's the reason I find it rather than silly

I liked all final destination movies, I just found the 5th one more better

Yea Liar Liar classic Jim Carrey, one of my favorite scenes is when he kicks his own a** in the courtroom bathroom. a guy walks in and he like "what are you doing", Carrey: "I'm kicking my own a** do you mind." lol

I always have to consciously try and remember In Time. It was a cool concept, but I feel like the movie failed to sew in any kind of gravity to the idea.

I always have to consciously try and remember In Time. It was a cool concept, but I feel like the movie failed to sew in any kind of gravity to the idea.
I liked the concept also, I pretty much watched it because Amanda Seyfried was in it so I wanted to see how she was in it.

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
A good tale about how the Grinch stole Christmas and Carrey makes it an interesting movie as he plays the Grinch.

"I tell you Max, I don't know why I ever leave this place. I've got all the company I need right here."

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
This was a nice classic children's movie with some good laughs in it. Also it was nice to see some familiar toons in it too.

"Stop that laughing. You know what happens when you can't stop laughing?"

Toy Story (1995)
My favorite Pixar movie that I've seen yet and a fun film to watch. I also loved the sequels as well.

"Mrs. Potato Head, Mrs. Potato Head, Mrs. Potato Head... hey, I can dream, can't I?"

Dog Day Afternoon (1975)
After watching this movie, you should understand why robbing a bank isn't such a great idea. A lot of things can go wrong and I don't think it's best to venture down that path. Pacino's acting in this movie was good, for some reason when he says the f bomb while throwing a fit in some of his movies, it just makes me laugh.

"Tell them to put their guns down! Put the f**king guns down! Put 'em down! Put 'em down! Put the f**king guns down! Put those guns down! Attica! Attica! You got it, man! You got it, man! You got it, man! You got it! You got it!"

Small Soldiers (1998)
A movie that takes you on a interesting adventure about real life speaking toys going to war with other live able toys

"We're not toys, we're action figures!"

Decent bunch here with the odd choice of Small Soldier ahead of everything you just listed.

I didn't hate the live action remake of The Grinch like everyone else did, it is far superior to the other live action film with Mike Myers. The fake-ness of the town added a small bit of charm to it and Carrey was a great Grinch with high quality make-up.

Roger Rabiti and Toy Story are classics and deserve to be on lists like this.

Dog Day Afternoon was good, just not something I would personally put on mine.

Don't Be a Menace to South Central (1996)

A spoof movie that makes fun of hood life, which I found it funny to watch. Another guilty pleasure for me.

" Never forget, man. Either they don't know... or don't show or just don't care... about bein' a menace to South Central while they drink their juice in the hood. That's what it's all about, Tray. That's what it's all about."

50 First Dates (2004)
Every time I see Sandler and Barrymore in a movie together, I seemed to find it nice to see them work together, like in this film.
"Can I have one last first kiss?"

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)

An exciting and brutal movie about two siblings going on a witch hunting killing spree.

" We learned a couple of things while we were trapped in that house. One, never walk in to a house made of candy. And two, if you're gonna kill a witch, set her a** on fire."

Anger Management (2003)

This movie might of been hated by most, but this would be more of a guilty pleasure comedy for me since I thought it was a nice movie to watch if you're look for a good laugh.

"Temper's the one thing you can't get rid of, by losing it."

Yes Man (2008)
As always Carrey does good at comedy movie and seems to find a way to make it laughable. Imagine having to say Yes to something like having to drink a gallon of bleach, I'd be like Hell F'N No.

"Hey, Carl... you wanna give your money away to some homeless guy? Yes, yes I do. How 'bout letting him use up the phone battery so that you can't get help when your car runs out of gas? You know what? That sounds like a f**kin' great idea!"

Decent bunch here with the odd choice of Small Soldier ahead of everything you just listed.

I didn't hate the live action remake of The Grinch like everyone else did, it is far superior to the other live action film with Mike Myers. The fake-ness of the town added a small bit of charm to it and Carrey was a great Grinch with high quality make-up.

Roger Rabiti and Toy Story are classics and deserve to be on lists like this.

Dog Day Afternoon was good, just not something I would personally put on mine.
If I was ranking it, I think Small Soldiers would come right after Toy Story and Roger Rabbit

Cursed (2005)

This is more of a guilty pleasure movie for me, I mostly liked it because Christina Ricci was in it.

"You can't tell people this s**t! Lay off the crack pipe."

Saving Silverman (2001)
Some might not of found this a great movie but I liked it alot and thought some of the cast was funny in it.

"She used her super-intellect on me! She's like Hanibal Lecter."

Rush Hour (1998)
The buddy cop movies are cool to watch like this one and always love it when the good cops beating up the bad guys.

" Please tell me you speak English. I'm Detective Carter. Do you speaka any English? DO-YOU-UNDERSTAND-THE-WORDS-THAT-ARE-COMING-OUT-OF-MY-MOUTH?"

The Day After Tomorrow (2004)

One of the best natural disaster movies I have seen so far, I remember watching this is in school, which probably was the best one I watched while in school. Guilty pleasure for me for sure.

"Mankind survived the last ice age. We're certainly capable of surviving this one. The only question is, will we be able to learn from our mistakes?."

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
No matter how weird this movie was, it was funny to see Freddy make a joke out of himself and get his a** handed to him by a chick in this movie and the other movies as well. I also thought part 2 was decent and I think after that imo, the series should of just ended because how the way Freddy dies in part 2, you would be like "okay I think we got the point now."

" One, two, Freddy's coming for you. / Three, four, better lock your door. / Five, six, grab your crucifix. / Seven, eight, gonna stay up late. / Nine, ten, never sleep again."

Interesting list. I doubt any of the films mentioned this far would be even close to my top-100 but it's not my list. I'm honestly interested to see what's to come.
Thanks, there's plenty of good movies still to come

50 First Dates is a decent followup to The Wedding Singer and miles above Blended.

Hansel & Gretel is like The Brother's Grimm to me, a forgettable action fairy tale.

Yes Man was a decent Carrey comedy in a line of bad ones. His recent output hasn't been as good as the ones earlier in his career.

Cursed is bad, not a fan of that Wes Craven flick and I can tell it was horribly edited for the PG rating.

Saving Silverman is a guilty comedy pleasure. Watched it a bunch when I was younger.

Rush Hour is still great. Good comedy, good action.

Day After Tomorrow is better than 2012. Science be damned right?

So far NOES is the best film on your list. It's a classic horror film, icon villain and a master director making some of his best work.

Saving Silverman! Love it!

In Time (2011)
I like it when movies use something creative in their movies like in this one which is about human life in the future that stops aging at the age of 25 and after that they must find more time before they die.

"Give me your time! I need time!"

I'll post 5 more tomorrow
I found In Time 2011 to be very memorable. Even though it is not supposed to be a "good" movie it's particular style was still quite unique and I remember watching it very clearly which means it achieved what art is supposed to achieve.

Pretty in Pink (1986)
Imo, one of the best things about 80s movies was the High School ones, as a fan of high school teen movies that interest me, I liked this movie too.

"It's called a sense of humor - you should get one - they're nice."

Clueless (1995)
The acting from Alicia Silverstone was cute in this movie and did well playing the role of a sweet but spoiled rich teen girl. I like how she begins to mature as the movie progresses and knowing how clueless she was becoming.

"As If"

Not Another Teen Movie (2001)
A funny movie that mocks a few other high school movies in the past years and imagine all the backlash this movie would have if this movie was recently made, which makes you want say to those that are easily offended by every little thing "It's just a movie, cream puffs get over it"

"We all know where this is going... f**king teenagers."

Can't Hardly Wait (1998)
A good 90s high school movie with some laughs along the way especially at the party scenes and the random encounters of the guy that plays Sherman in American Pie, just steals random things in the background in certain scenes.

"I don't know about you, but I really believe that there's one person out there, and for me it's gotta be Amanda."

Sixteen Candles (1984)
Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall did a good job in this movie and for a movie that's PG I was surprised the F bomb was said in it which made me laugh and yes I couldn't believe her parents forgot her f**king birthday.

"I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek."

50 First Dates is a decent followup to The Wedding Singer and miles above Blended.

Hansel & Gretel is like The Brother's Grimm to me, a forgettable action fairy tale.

Yes Man was a decent Carrey comedy in a line of bad ones. His recent output hasn't been as good as the ones earlier in his career.

Cursed is bad, not a fan of that Wes Craven flick and I can tell it was horribly edited for the PG rating.

Saving Silverman is a guilty comedy pleasure. Watched it a bunch when I was younger.

Rush Hour is still great. Good comedy, good action.

Day After Tomorrow is better than 2012. Science be damned right?

So far NOES is the best film on your list. It's a classic horror film, icon villain and a master director making some of his best work.
Yea Saving Silverman is sure a guilty comedy pleasure movie, I always get laughs out of it everytime I watch it.

I think what they could of done better with cursed if it was rated R, its a werewolf movie so it should be bloody.