Mad Max: Fury Road

Tools    

I hope they keep the creepiness of the original. I liked Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior better than the first but the atmosphere showed in Mad Max. The characters were weird and it appeared you couldn't get an ice cream cone without being hunted down by a group of odd-speaking criminal-looking individuals. Max was a hero, one of the only to do the right thing and actually help those in need, like his wife. But then we see an elderly lady even doing the same thing, and we don't expect her to grab a gun but she does. Max then truly goes vigilante by the end if he wasn't already and blows the whole concept of good and evil out of the water leaving us with a combination of the two, something we rarely see today. The sequel just had an overly worn plot, but the return of Gibson and, to put it bluntly, simply doing the right thing and helping others in a world where that doesn't seem likely, does more than expected for the whole movie. There's also a ton of more action than the original which definitely doesn't hurt. I guess they show doing the right thing is always the best thing, no matter who you are. I haven't seen the third film so I can't speak for it, but I hope this new film will also have a solid message delivered in a dark way.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Still in post-production? No release date yet for Mad Max: Fury Road?

George Miller is keeping this one close to his chest...slightly ambiguous plot synopsis, a video or two of the vehicles during production, and a hazy photo of Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky.

It feels as though I have been waiting an eternity for this Mad Max reboot; eager anticipation was further boosted when it was announced that Tom Hardy would be taking over the plum role of Max--whilst admittedly he is wonderful eye candy it doesn't stop there...the man can act his ass off.

The Mad Max franchise and Tom Hardy.

Gutted its been knocked back to 2015...bit concerned it will get lost in mix in 2015 given how many big movies are out.

Hardy looks ace as max though, perfect casting.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Holy Crap this thread is almost 10 years old, luckily only one more year to wait.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/?ref_=nv_sr_2

It says it's in Post Production, does it really take that long to get from their to the theater.

Tom Hardy is taking up the role as Mad Max from Mel Gibson in what is to be a new trilogy...

... released today are images of Hardy in costume on set and a few vehicles too.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/new-loo...max-fury-road/

Co-stars are Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult (Beast in X-Men First Class), Zoe Kravitz (also starred in X-Men First Class as Angel) and new actor Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley whose only other acting credit is Transformers Dark Of The Moon playing Megan Fox's replacement.

Directed by George Miller (Mad Max, Mad Max 2, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Dead Calm, Lorenzo's Oil, Happy Feet).

Release date for the film is May 15 2015.

I said in another thread, can't remember which one but might have been my reviews after I did Lawless, that Tom Hardy deserves more leading roles.
He did Bronson and was immense in it. Lawless, Trek Nemesis, Warrior, Bronson, TDKR and Inception amongst others, I don't think I've ever seen him mess up a role regardless of how bad the film was or wasn't in general.

As Max Rockatansky though, I think he'll be awesome and with Miller back behind the camera like he was with the original trilogy, we might be looking at a reboot that rivals the originals.

Looking forward to this one.

This was exciting to me, but not so much now after seeing pictures of Tom Hardy as Max.

I would rather see a sequel starring an older Mel Gibson as Max. He's only 58 years old. He could still play Mad Max. Throw in another younger actor like Tom Hardy to join him, sure, but don't have someone else playing his character.

Apparently Mel might have a cameo in this -- maybe even as an older version of himself, I've heard -- but still. I'd rather see Mel Gibson in the whole movie.

It appears this is going to be a continuation of the Mad Max story eh? I love Tom Hardy. Tom Hardy's performance in Bronson was easily as good as DeNiro's in Raging Bull. Yeah, it was that good. Go watch it and see. I'd happily watch three Mad Max films with him as the lead.

I've heard two different things -- one was that this story picks up immediately after Thunderdome. Another thing I heard was that this was actually a prequel to The Road Warrior.

I thought Mad Max was the prequel to The Road Warrior.
I thought about this after I said that. Yes. Prequel to The Road Warrior, sequel to Mad Max, then. A movie inbetween those movies.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I heard it was a prequel. So many rumours flying about tho.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
How come no one talks about the upcoming next episode of the road warrior´s saga??

Max Rockatanski will be back and no one gives a damn. Damn!
Soon, My dog of war...........

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The new screen shots look good. Charlize Theron with a mechanical arm?!

This is #1 on my list for next year, not Avengers, not anything else.

BTW can we get a title change? I had a hard time finding this thread. It didn't show up in my searches, only when I found a link someone else had posted.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to this more than I thought I would be.