Prometheus - Ridley Scott’s Prequel to Alien

Tools    

May I add here, the disc looking ship seen in the trailer is in fact a BIO SHIP with a destination and also a mission to spray its new (future human) mixture. It crashes after the Engineers responsible for it (in the temple) are over come by hungry xenos.

Thats my wacky but often true report so far.

The leaked beginning to the movie is almost correct. As far as I know there will be a dot in the sky seen descending in one shot.(Although I suspect they shall remove it) Were then breifly shown the BIO SEEDERS who terraform - wipe the slate clean (deep holes into the core that alter the planetoids cycle)- allowing for life to be added upon a controlled world. ( a mixture gases, spraying and disgusting looking animated moulds blowing in the wind/rain.)

The reason the Promethius is pulled back in time is simply because they stumble into, or trigger the Engineers time well. Theres no great welcome upon arrival at Zeta R.

Prior to arrival at Zeta R only a skeleton crew are awakened. This allows the company to keep anything discovered classified if needed. This skeleton crew are the ones that will explore the planet at the other end of the time well. The women in charge of this mission to Zeta R demands that the rest of the crew remain in sleep upon exit from the time well. There may still be things that need to be classified. A drop ship is launched with a small group of explorers.

They find a large, dark & forboding mystery ahead. Stangley, all scans detect no life. One member of the crew theorises that this place is a ancient ET structure matching the artifacts found upon Earth. The female Leader, orders a full investigation.

Exploring the entrance reveals cut stone blocks similar to those found back on Earth dating 1000s of years. An entrance ahead, open, ahead dark and complex structures. Silent, disturbing but wonderful. Heat is detected and builds up in certain parts of this complex. Following this heat signature they find the Head structure. They collect HURNS and turn to leave. following the tunnels to the exit. One crew member who has worked out the secret of these HURNS passes an ENGINEER structure. It reaches out and collects the hurn then pours part of it onto the crew member. The others return to find him screaming with nothing else around. They flee in terror alerting the drop ship that they have a casualty. The wounded crew member and HURNS are taken back to Promethius.

Whilst one HURN is studied all other crew awake and turn to their tasks & operations - HIGH ALERT. The injured crew man is monitored and found to have been exposed to some form of natural pollution. He quickly regains his senses, and tries to piece together what happened. His memory seems lost has he develops a severe cold like illness. Coughing, sweating. Nothing can be found as the crewmans body seems in good function. They joke that hes caught an alien cold. Hes allowed to return to his partner and they sleep together.(his partner is the female leader of this expedition.)

Soon, many others are displaying the mild cold symptons and treat it as sleep sickenss.(The crewman was handled with a damaged helmet as he was taken to the doctors.)

With alot of garbled systems still reacting to the time well - the Promethius is cut off in areas still requiring good old fashioned walks to certain areas. Soon reports of ill people reach command. People start disappearing from duties.

The drop ship crew are told to stand by and remain upon the surface.

Reports of crewmen atacking each other are reported within the Promethius. Armed security seek out this threat and find slim and hideous human forms feeding on the dead. These intruders still retain part of their human ability and can unlock doors, use computers and pick up and use guns. Bullets, electricity and fire are used to combat this menace.

A war breaks out inside Promethius as the leader, infected android and several personel flee to the planets surface. Several missing crew are traced via DNA and found to be inside the temple. Several of the new drop ship crew move from duties and head for the temple. The original infected crewmember leaps from above a transporter and infects two others. Flamethrowers are now used to clean the drop port. Again, the wounded are taken into care.

The group returning to the temple fall into trance and meet a female structure similar to the HEAD only more horrid. It speaks to them and offers eternal existence for a simple service in return. The DNA traces previously sensed now manifest

Prometheus alerts the drop port that agressions have stopped. No crew remain and the intruder is dying rapidly.

Back on the planet the female leader snarls realising it was all a trap.
A battle rages inside drop port against more of these ugly forms. Drop port is crippled and later destroyed to kill the enemy.

Two women remain.

Trapped.

Question, the way the Space Jockey looks in the first movie being all mummified. Is this due to having an alien within it and then dying afterwards? Or will similarities between design be universal as far as the rest of Giger's world goes? As in, Do the Aliens mimic the Space Jockey or did the Space Jockey mimic the aliens?

Prometheus will be the movie of the decade.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
From Killerfilm.com

Guy Pearce will change the world in Prometheus
Feb 28, 2012

It was recently revealed by Director Ridley Scott himself that Guy Pearce will be the key link between his newest film Prometheus and his 1979 classic Alien.
WARNING: "SPOILERS" spoilers below
Pearce will be playing Peter Wayland, founder of the Weyland Corporation that was featured in the Alien franchise.

Here's something fun.

According to his speech we've got a crap ton of technology to invent in the next 11 years. It'd be cool if even half that stuff comes true.

EDIT: akatemple, how is that a spoiler? Isn't it a foregone conclusion that the company or its roots would be in the film?

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
For me it was not a spoiler but I cannot say that on behalf of everyone, just covering my ass.

I watched that video, that is crazy, and agree it would be awesome if some of that happened.

"My name is Peter Weyland, and if you'll indulge me I'd like to change the world."

&feature=uploademail

Is it just me or is he doing his best Sam Neil?

^ Previews for trailers are annoying and hope it's not a new trend, who has trailers for an upcoming trailer... but yes, probably the top film to see for me in 2012.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It's a person, but the shot after looks like someone's got acid on their helmet.

Suspect's Reviews