Prometheus - Ridley Scott’s Prequel to Alien

Tools    

I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere around here, so I'll go ahead and post the whole thing.

Scott's 'Alien' prequel becomes 'Prometheus'

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...rometheus.html

Are the Alien fans happier with this or would you rather have a 'straight' Alien prequel? What odds that an Alien prequel goes ahead anyway, now that the idea's been out there a while and accepted?

Much more like it

I like the idea of an 'original' tale here. I didn't think that a prequel was necessary and the fact that they will be addressing other themes other than the alien antagonists makes me think that the film has a lot of potential as opposed to being a cash in on a pretty dead franchise while using 'the latest 3D technology ********. This could be very good.

"Live forever or die trying"
Im looking forward to it. I thought the movie Predators was going to tie in with this series some where. Anyone know if its supposed to be a part of the series or just relation given past characters. I meant for both the predator and alien series.

Studio releases details of possible Alien prequel

There has been a lot of online chatter surrounding Ridley Scott's new sci-fi project 'Prometheus' lately, and now the studio behind it has released a short synopsis to add some concrete to the conjecture.

The film was touted as a prequel to Scott's 'Alien', although scriptwriter Damon Lindelof raised questions about how closely 'Prometheus' would be connected to the classic sci-fi when he told chat show host Kevin Pollak:

"[A] true prequel should essentially proceed the events of the original film, but be about something entirely different, feature different characters , have an entirely different theme, although it takes place in that same world. That was my fundamental feeling about what this movie wanted to be."

Since then, ideas have been circling the internet, including one which purported to be based on a leak from someone involved in the project.

But 20th Century Fox were quick to deny the claims and have now released a short synopsis of their own, although it gives very little away. Here's the full statement:

"Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life’s ultimate mystery."

Whilst it's not the most detailed synopsis, it should be enough to whet the appetite of fans. Especially since the casting process is gathering momentum too.

Actors linked to the project so far include Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Logan Marshall-Green, Michael Fassbender and Idris Elba. Today Ben Foster was rumoured to have signed up too. But as far as 'Prometheus' is concerned, it seems you never know how much you can trust the rumours.

Michael Edwards
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/01072011/...prequel-0.html

Yes!!!

That's definitely fake. I saw scenes from Transformers: DotM and AVP: Requiem off the top of my head.

Sorry about the fake trailer, but IMDB just posted 1 picture from the movie, it's nothing special but if you wanna see it it's here.
Interesting pic. About the trailer, didn't the shot from X-Men clue you in?

I was extremely interested in this film when I thought it was going to be about the space jockey and it was rumored that the film wouldn't have any humans in it at all. That sounds amazing and I'm still waiting for the day where Hollywood makes a big budget film without a human cast or without dialog (Back when the Disney film Dinosaur teaser hit the internet I hoped that film would be dialog free, stupid me).

Once they started casting humans and rumors started that the aliens may be man made genetic creatures I lost complete interest. Count me out unless it hits an 80+ % on Rotten Tomatoes. Then I might reconsider. Might.

Also, Ridley Scott gets a bit of a pass from film geeks, IMO. He's a bit hit or miss, though. Hannibal, Matchstick Men, G.I. Jane, Legend and Body of Lies are almost as bad as his good films are good.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Lindelof On Two "Prometheus" Characters

Thursday September 29th 2011

"Lost" producer Damon Lindelof has spoken some more about Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender's characters in Ridley Scott's upcoming sci-fi epic "Prometheus" and given us some basic breakdowns of each.
He tells MTV that Theron's Meredith Vickers is "sort of a corporate entity… I feel like Charlize brought a new spin on that old variation. It's a remix …. I don't think she's slimy [like Paul Reiser in 'Aliens']. She's not the fast-talking, snake-oil face of the company."
He added one comment that immediately raises questions - "'What company is she a face of?' I think is a big part of the fun. As we were developing the script, she had some really cool ideas that made it not the suit you're used to." Does this mean she's not working for Weyland-Yutani (which to be fair only scored a name in the sequel).
Fassbender meanwhile plays a robot character, though for those worried that's not a spoiler as his artificial nature is made clear up front according to recent reports. It's also a big part of both his character and our perspective on this universe as an audience - "One of the things that evokes the idea of 'Blade Runner' is, 'What does the movie look like from the robot's point of view?' If you were to ask him, 'What do you think about all of this? What's going on? What do you think about these humans who are around you?,' wouldn't it be cool if we found a way for that robot to answer those questions. When you cast a guy like Fassbender, [he's] going to bring a lot more to it."
Lindelof adds that part of the fun, much like the first film, will be the who survives and becomes the 'hero' question - "I think the idea of building a really cool ensemble and again presenting the audience with like, ‘Who’s going to be left standing at the end of this movie? Maybe all of them. Probably not,’ [that's] part of the fun of what we set out to do."

Could be a fantastic film if they do it (and do it right, of course). The first 2 Alien films were 2 of my favorite movies of all time, but I think they got a little hoky as they continued the series.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
From Darkhorizons.com

"Prometheus" Finale Sets Up "Alien"?

November 7th 2011

In a continuation from his interview with Wall Street Journal’s Speakeasy, filmmaker Ridley Scott has finally said something on the record about how his next feature "Prometheus" and his legendary 1979 sci-fi horror tale "Alien" will mix. As per usual though, it's a little vague.
Scott tells the paper that last eight minutes of Prometheus will become “a pretty good DNA of the Alien one.” 20th Century Fox confirmed to the paper that Sigourney Weaver will NOT be making a cameo of any kind in the film.
Scott loves the practical - "I’m a great believer in filming the real thing if you can and so I did a lot of building the real thing." Yet he's also embraced "all the tricks, the toys" for this film including 3D and computer animation. As a result , he's had "the best time I’ve had in a number of years making a movie."

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Revealing pics from Ridley Scott’s Prometheus!

Nov 23, 2011

My most anticipated film of 2012 is Ridley Scott’s return to the Alien mythos – Prometheus. Entertainment Weekly has some slick pictures that connect this “prequel” to the 1979 original.
Prometheus hits theaters on June 8, 2012.

I've been pretty neutral about Prometheus from the second I heard Ridley was returning to the Alien universe, but I must confess that the use of the Jerry Goldsmith score and cutting the trailer in the same style as the original...it kinda hooked me.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

will be in Prometheus(prequel) one of main character Jones(Jonesy) or another .... ?