The Crow 'Reimagining'

Tools    

Sweet! Another remake!

While we're here, let's list some more movies that desperately need RE-IMAGINING....

1. Schindler's List - But make it more like Battlefield Earth, with Psychlos instead of Nazis. A true exploration of the horrors of intergalactic war.

2. Gone With The Wind - Now a hip-hop musical starring Freddy Prinze Jr. as Rhett Butler, Queen Latifah as Mammy, and screw it throw Jamie Kennedy in there somewhere.

3. Jurassic Park - The dinosaurs are resurrected using the Necronomicon, and are zombified! Directed by and starring Uwe Boll and filmed entirely in first-person! Because **** you!

4. Spiderman - Now we can have Cronenberg show us what it would REALLY be like: the gross mutation and decay, intermingling of orifices and technology as social commentary, while our hero slowly goes mad and his eyes turn inside-out. Fun?
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I am with Deadite on this one... Stop this nonsense!

Meanwhile, what's with the Prinze Jr. hate? The guy gets to bang Buffy all the time, and he was great in the final season of 24. You know, the season in which ol' Freddy repeated "Come in, Jack!" over and over, each and every episode, for 24 episodes...

Brilliant work!

Oh...

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Freddy Prinz Jr. was pretty funny in The House of Yes.
ahh! i remember that movie. It was something of a hidden gem if i remember correctly.

It's all part of the movie world that will never go away. Sometimes it's a good thing, most of the time, it just really isn't.

Some movies demand a remake. Good story, badly made. Remake it by all means.

The Thing/Thing From Another World is a prime example of when a remake is warranted. They are now however, cashing in (ahem), sorry, 'rebooting' it, with a 'prequel'.

Others are Spiderman, which died on it's @rse when they cashed in on it and Superman also with the third, fourth and Returns. Now they too are being redone over the next few months/years and I say: I'm looking forward to them.
Hulk was another (ok, another comic book movie), their first try was awful. Within a few months, it was rebooted and made a hell of a lot better.

When a real stand out and original movie (albeit forgetting their sequels) like The Crow, Elm Street, Halloween, Day The Earth Stood Still etc is remade/rebooted/reimagined (cashed in on), it simply makes a mockery of something good, that's loved because it's good.

One thing that's being banded around recently is Ghostbusters 3.
Bill Murray obviously sees things similarly to me. He's held the project in developement hell for years. The second movie was dodgy at best, a third could kill it and Murray knows this. Nobody else seems bothered, they just want it made.

What's next? E.T with battle armour?

The Crow should be left well alone.

I think that is the best choice out of the leads they were suggesting.

I think that is the best choice out of the leads they were suggesting.
I would have prefered Tom Hiddleston who was rumoured to be up for it at one point.

If they make it exactly like the graphic novel, yeah okay, but I don't have much faith in the ability of these people to make a Crow movie. All of them have been terrible after the first one. The tv series was awful too.

Iron Fitness: http://ironfitnessonline.com/

This movie if it ever gets made should be a smal budget film, if the studios are thinking of earning big bucks with this one, they better bury the idea.

Wasn't DMX making a Crow film with connections to egyptian mythology... He later said it would not be a part of the Crow mythology cos the script is starting to seem original. That project never materialized.

In fact, I have the best idea for a Crow film, it's about this actor who gets shot while making a comic book film based on resurrection & revenge. So over 2 decades later he mysteriously rises from his grave & he is looking for answers... & its bad news for some people, cos he is the son of one of the greatest martial artist to have ever lived.. & guess what.. he has perfected his fighting moves with his daddy in After Life.
Lets make this a trilogy, with his Daddy getting resurrected in the 2nd movie.

Sweet! Another remake!

While we're here, let's list some more movies that desperately need RE-IMAGINING....

1. Schindler's List - But make it more like Battlefield Earth, with Psychlos instead of Nazis. A true exploration of the horrors of intergalactic war.

2. Gone With The Wind - Now a hip-hop musical starring Freddy Prinze Jr. as Rhett Butler, Queen Latifah as Mammy, and screw it throw Jamie Kennedy in there somewhere.

3. Jurassic Park - The dinosaurs are resurrected using the Necronomicon, and are zombified! Directed by and starring Uwe Boll and filmed entirely in first-person! Because **** you!

4. Spiderman - Now we can have Cronenberg show us what it would REALLY be like: the gross mutation and decay, intermingling of orifices and technology as social commentary, while our hero slowly goes mad and his eyes turn inside-out. Fun?
Yes, bravo good sir.

Whether we want it to or not, it's most likely going to happen. And it's not like they're going George Lucas on the original; you can still watch it the way it is.
Even though LXG was pretty bad, Blade was good, so there might be hope for this director. I also heard that the bad guy from Fast and Furious 6 is playing the title role in this, which is kind of iffy for me. So who knows how this might turn out.

LUKE EVANS!!! he's bloody brilliant, I love it. He's got a film coming out later this year (sept in the UK) called No One Lives and it's fantastic action horror. He was also great in Fast 6 so I now have high hopes for The Crow remake!