What character scared you as a child?

Tools    

hahaha, oh yes!! Large Marge gave me nightmares for weeks!

Stuck in the middle with you.
I've never seen the movies but to this very day I cringe every time I see that demented Mother-f*cking doll Chucky.

Dachshunds Fear Me
Jeffrey Hunter as Jesus in King of Kings.

I know. I'm disturbed... But his blue eyes freaked me out every time I saw it on the Channel 7 4:30 movie.

George: Arthur.

Pee-wee herman terrified me as a child.
I would have nightmares for days.

Witchy Poo From H&R Puffinstuff..it might have been all those warts and the levil laugh

http://jamesdean4ever.terapad.com/

Colour out of Time
For me it was also the Flying Monkeys in the Wizard of Oz.

On televion it was the cybermen from the BBC series Doctor Who, strangely the Daleks never gave me nightmares, but they did freak me when they started the psychotic Exterminate rant.

LOL H.R.Puffinstuff wow that brings back memories, for me those smoking mushrooms were indeed very sinister. It wasn't untill much later that I became aware of the undertone of druggy messages.

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
My parents took me to see House on Haunted Hill (1958)

I was 10 years old at the time and this scene right here:

scared me so badly that I had to run out to the theater lobby and hide for about 5 minutes before I went back inside.

P.S. For some reason the larger images keep disappearing. The smaller image should remain fixed. Thanks FernTree.

Every clown

And the snow falls...
The dragon from pagemaster.

i have no idea why, but i wouldnt even watch the movie again til i was like a pre-teen.

****in dragon

Regan......
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

freddy kruger and IT the clown.

Stephen King sure found a way to kill the clown business very quickly

-Hattori Hanzo

The troll in The Troll. He turned his victims into vines and trees and **** with his green ring.

On the Dr. WHo? series, I can go along with the Dalek ranting but I think it was particularly frightening when it was Davros speaking. The way he looked and the way his voice kept rising as he spoke, getting more high pitched as time went on.
Speaking of high pitched voices, what did you think about Christopher Lloyd's character at the end of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? The part where he reveals that he was the one who dropped a piano on Bob Hoskin's brother, his voice going high pitched - that was some freaky stuff!
When I was around 16 I saw a commercial for a movie. The part I remembered was where there was some sort of machine built into a wall, dark and futuristic (a la Bladerunner) with a man's head coming out of the machine/wall (a la Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner). The man appeared to be coming out of the machine. I had a nightmare that night in which that man was coming out of the machine and was chasing me. When I awoke I had a voice in my head which was criticising me and speaking sarcastically to me. This, as you can imagine, freaked me out totally. My remedy was to go downstairs and watch videos for as long as it took to get my mind thinking about something else.
Unfortunately, in my adult years, I have been unable to pinpoint which movie it was that I saw the commercial for, any guesses?

The ugly Gremlins scared the **** out of me. I kept on having recurring nightmares because of them until my early teens. I couldn't watch the films all the way through. Dodgy stuff there. Freddy Kruger and Chucky played on my mind aswell.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
When I was a kid, my dad told me that the flying monkeys scared him when he was little. I laughed and told him he was crazy.

I was scared of so much stuff when I was little that I forget most of them now. It (even though I never actually saw him until I looked at this thread), Batman Villians (most but never Arnold), whatever the bad guy in Disney's The Black Cauldron was scared me to death, but here's a funny one:

Cruela De Vil (Glen Close)

Female Jungle Poster
Anything which had bugs in it.

We lived in an apartment that was crawling with waterbugs. Even as an adult, I cannot watch Joe's Apartment.

It just skeeves me out.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Norman Bates's mother and him dressed like her.