Cold weather

Tools    

A very cold weather appears out of a sudden and the entire city freezes. Scientists are confused and start investigating. They send a helicopter to the city, but the fuel inside it freezes and the helicopter crashes. One man and one woman from the city survive and they go to a library and find more people there. They start burning books to make heat. They try to escape the library, but a big ship appears on the streets and breaks into the library. The man falls into cold water and gets hypothermia. The woman wraps him in towels and brings him next to the fireplace. The man recovers and they somehow survive at the end. I don't remember anything else about this movie.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
I always wondered why they didn't burn the wooden chairs shelves etc. But I then reasoned that the wood would likely have been treated or something so that it either wouldn't burn easily or it would give off some nasty fumes in the smoke.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.