Kinda kids movie from the 80s, I think, in Asia - A difficult one

Tools    

Hi everyone,

I know this one is going to be hard to sort out, but I trust this page as the perfect one to help me out. I will apologize in advance for my level of English, I hope It can be understood.

THE MOVIE: As far as I can remember, Is a movie filmed in Asia, the main character was american, at least he/she, I canīt remember well, spoke in english. The key things that I keep in mind are, for example, It was a water well, and inside there, abandoned children lived there. One of the main things that needed to be done in the movie was to found a treasure made of JADE, and If you find it, you could marry the princess. I think that one of the main characters was a kid. I donīt know why, but I keep seeing a labyrinth in the movie, maybe it was one of the obstacles in the travel to find the treasure. And the year It's more of an assumption, cause I watched it when I was a kid, in 2002 or 2004, but It seems really old to me as I remember It.

Well, that all I can remember, I know Its vague and difficult, but thats all I got. I really hope that someone can show a ray of light.

Thanks so much in advance.