How much do producer credits matter?

Tools    

The truth is in here
Unlike things like directors, writers, actors, composers, even cinematographers, I never pay much attention to producers. The reason for that is unlike all the other professions I mentioned, I can't figure out if they have any distinct styles.

I mean, sure... on rare occasions I can tell that someone like Spielberg has influence when he's a producer. And although Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was directed by Jonathan Liebesman, the trailer felt 100% like a Michael Bay movie, probably due to him being an influential producer on it.

But even in those cases, this is most likely due to them having experience in directing, so they probably have quite a bit of say in what kind of tone a movie will have. When it comes to those who work as producers only, are there some who have any distinguished characteristics?

Most producers do have a say in how the movie/series is made.

They are also responsible in making sure the creators (directors/writers/actors/etc) get the freedom and encouragement (basically a positive environment) to make the best use of their abilities.

A good producer is key to a good final product.

Also, a good producer is important with the kind of space he/she can buy for the marketing of the movie.

Most producers do have a say in how the movie/series is made.
Sure, since they are also responsible for the financing of the movie.

What a producer does varies dramatically era to era and film to film. Some are very hands-on, others aren't. There are also usually many credited producers on projects these days only a couple of which may have any real power or sway.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sure, since they are also responsible for the financing of the movie.

Nope. Some simply employ 'creative producers' who handle the whole process, while they hang back and simply finance.

And here in India, some finance films to turn their shady finances into legitimate income.