Stories For The Troubled Mind

Tools    

I'm starting this colum as I realized there are many out there with similiar experiences so I wanted to share some of mine so that hopefully we could all learn something from each other:

The Gold Digger Victim

It's kind of odd but nature has it's way of balancing things out.
Those in search of prey often wind up as victims themselves.
I was recently contacted by an x-lover with a problem, seeking my advice.
This girl was one of those lucky girls to have been born naturaly beautiful.
Thoroughout most of her life she had used that gift as a means to procure almost anything that she desired.
She was one of tose self centered and self absorbed individuals that had little empathy for others but mostly sought personal self-gratification.
To really get her interest one would have to have some serious money and I was somewhat of a rarity, as I didn't qualify in that respect, but obviously I had some other perks.
For a brief time we hit it off on a physical level but I was lucky to see through her pretty quickly and it never really went any where but oddly enough we stayed in touch and from time to time I would get these marathon phone calls from her, where she was seeking some kind of advice.
Paradoxically, her biggest problem was the sort of men she was really attracted to and wound up perplexed as to how to deal with them, once she tired of them or realized that they didn't have anything else to offer other than trouble.
Even though she was actively looking for a sugar daddy, she would most enviorably wind up with some down and out loser who really had nothing to offer but good looks.
She herself, wasn't really that kind of a loser, as she had a good profession and a nice house in a nice neigborhood.
What wound up happening is that she would be the one hustled specificaly for those perks but was too vain to realize that and always thought that she was the primary attraction.
For her to establish a contact with someone, two criteria were essential:
one, that he was considered very attractive and two, that he dressed well. Her chief vehicles to persue that were the internet and night clubs, where she loved to dance.
Anyway, this most recent time that she called she related her most recent experience and literally didn't know what to do.
Although, in the past she was pretty organized and had a set of rules that she tried to follow ( such as: never sleep with a guy unless you spent at least a month dating him, never show him were you live, prior to spending at least two months dating and in all that time learn as much about him as you can without revealing much about yourself ) she would ocassionaly break them, but this last time, she broke all of them in a record amount of time.
She met this guy on the internet, chatted for a few hours on the phone and arranged to meet him at Starbucks. He was very nice looking and dressed very well. She fell in love at first sight. The guy told her that he was on parole ( the first flashing red light that she ignored completely ) but that he used to be a successfull writer and basically wound up in prison over a movie script dispute. He wound up ramming his car iinto the house of the person he had the dispute with and got one year in prison for his troubles ( somewhat of a shaky story at best ) and was now down and out, on parole, living in a half way house and soon to be released.
Hello, any body up there?
She went to bed with him on the very first date, in her own house and the sex was great. He complemented her on the house.
He , subsequently didn't return her calls for two days. He explained that being so attracted to her he had to think about further envolvement.( ? ) Then he calls her and tells her how much he likes her and that she would make excellent marriage material for some lucky guy and that he would hopefully like to be that guy but first he would have to live with her for a few months to see how they get along together ( second really huge red light )
Anyway, she replied that wouldn't be such a good idea but that they should just date for a while and see where it takes them. The next two days they spent together, cooking at her house, she paying for all the groceries, of course. All the while, at different times of the day, his phone was always close by and there was a lot of texting going on. Just business, of course ( third big red light).
In a surprise move, he takes out $2,000.00, hands it out to her and says that he doesn't trust the safe way house and could she please hold the money for him( Fourth red flag: such trust after only one week of knowing someone). She accepts and they make passionate love. Oh, and in the morning, she has to drive him back to the half way house, because he has no car.
When she comes back to her house and is making the bed, on the floor she finds a napkin with a girl's name on it and a telephone number. It must have fell out of his jean's pocket, as they were groping each other. She remembers when they were out grocery shopping, he had to get a cup of coffe at a Starbuck's, while she waited in the car. The jeans that he was wearing, she had just washed the other day, prior to their shopping.
What should she do?????

Dude, you really need to learn how to make spaces and paragraphs between your sentences. This is insanity. I don't enjoy reading stuff that looks like that at all.

And it looks almost like you're copying and pasting your stuff from somewhere.

No, it's just rambling, writing down as I'm thinking about it. I know, need to get more organized but that's what practise is all about. Thanks for pointing out the glitches, but I'm no Faulkner. Try reading him

Ha ha, just read your second sentence. Where on God's earth would I copy this s...from? If I wanted to copy, I think I would choose something a lot better written

You write like James Frey (A Million Little Pieces) here.
I never read him but I'm aware of the Oprah scandal. Actually, I heard that he was quite good ( which of course you are not referring to ) but that he made up a lot of stuff.
Nothing made up here. Sadly, it's all true. Absolutely nothing in there that someone would actually feel good to take credit for.
I just happen to know some pretty insane individuals and have some unusual experiences thought worth sharing.
The likelyhood of her reading this and being hurt by it is next to nill, otherwise I wouldn't waste my time.

Sexy, you've read enough of my posts to see that this is my style of writing, or have you? But if you really want to know, think of it as substance over style, a minor detail I have to clean up

Sexy, you've read enough of my posts to see that this is my style of writing, or have you?

Well, back to the girl with the problem, she wound up doing what most women would do. She called the woman's phone but couldn't get anything but voice mail and then she confronted the guy about the phone number on the napkin. Of course he told her that was on old phone number from before he had met her.
For what it's worth my advice was for her to meet the guy in some public place, give him back his money and tell him that she didn't feel comfortable holding it, give him some quick excuse to get out of there and tell him she will call him later. Once safe in her car, she can call him and say that she doesn't want to see him any more and if he bothers her, she will call his parole officer. That should be the end of that.