The New James Bond

Tools    

Over the years a slew of actors tried to interpret this character.
For me, Sean Connery appeared the best.
Now that Daniel Craig will not re-appear, who do you think the best possible choice would be to resume the James Bond persona and why?
I could see Jason Sthratam possibly pulling it off as he comes off good in action flics and can also carry a serious demeanor with a touch of sarcasm.
Do you see anyone stepping into Sean Connery's shoes?

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Now that Daniel Craig will not re-appear, who do you think the best possible choice would be to resume the James Bond persona and why?
I'm confused. Where did you get this info about Daniel Craig not reprising his role?

I'm confused. Where did you get this info about Daniel Craig not reprising his role?
From some people in the industry. Word is out that they are looking for someone new. Don't put me on Twitter!

Well, considering Daniel Craig has been offered a contract to appear as 007 in five more films, not counting the upcoming Skyfall, I'd say there's no real rush on speculating on the next actor who may possibly carry that famous cinematic license to kill or be killed. That would give Craig eight turns as Jimmy Bond, one more than Roger Moore.

I don't know who these mysterious "people in the industry" are, but unless they have some bombshell that the rest of the world doesn't know about, Danny Craig is going to be Bond for a while.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Well, considering Daniel Craig has been offered a contract to appear as 007 in five more films, not counting the upcoming Skyfall, I'd say there's no real rush on speculating on the next actor who may possibly carry that famous cinematic license to kill or be killed. That would give Craig eight turns as Jimmy Bond, one more than Roger Moore.

I don't know who these mysterious "people in the industry" are, but unless they have some bombshell that the rest of the world doesn't know about, Danny Craig is going to be Bond for a while.
" was offered" a 5 movie deal which ,by the way, was never signed because he opted to be able to star in other movies concurently.
Let's just wait and see what happens next and then you can always tell me how wrong I am.

It's a secret.

Not so secret they don't want to start a thread using it as a topic for this board, but secret enough that they can't possibly tell us.

Is this jrs back at MoFo, using an alias?

Actually, Sky Fall is his last, and the actor Seth Rogen will be taking over the role of Bond and I know this officially because my brother who is in the theatre/television business knows someone who is working on Sky Fall, so...

I could see Jason Sthratam possibly pulling it off as he comes off good in action flics and can also carry a serious demeanor with a touch of sarcasm.
I'm glad you don't work in casting. As much as I like him in action films, he wouldn't make a good Bond at all.

As for Bonds over time, Timothy Dalton has always been my favourite, and Daniel Craig coming in second.

But as Daniel Craig is contracted for a while longer, I'm not thinking about who can take his place.

Under the assumption that there will be a new Bond, I always figured that Clive Owen has the look and the "cool" needed to play the role.

Other than him, I don't have a clue. Maybe they should find a no name to take the part...unless John Hamm can do a really good English accent!

Clive Owen was a popular choice among many in the years the franchise was dormant between Brosnan's last and Craig's first, and I'm sure he'd be good, but I think his window of opportunity has probably closed.

The awesome and suddenly omnipresent Michael Fassbender would probably be on the top of many lists these days, I would think.

Some one like Ian Fleming......or...Craig is outstanding as bond.If they are looking for new bond,then i can suggest George Clooney...What you think?

What evidence is there that they're "looking for someone new"?
Well, if Nausicaa is to be believed, check out her post, or contact someone from MGM that actually knows the scoop or ask John Morrisey
( Producer - American History X etc.... ).

The awesome and suddenly omnipresent Michael Fassbender would probably be on the top of many lists these days, I would think.
Could definitely see him in the role. Wouldn't be disappointed if he was cast.

Well, if Nausicaa is to be believed, check out her post, or contact someone from MGM that actually knows the scoop or ask John Morrisey
( Producer - American History X etc.... ).
I wasn't asking who I could hypothetically ask, I was asking you what evidence there was. I asked you because you claimed there was some: you said "Daniel Craig will not re-appear." When filmgilinterrupted asked how you knew this, you were vague and said you heard it from "some people in the industry." Now I'm asking you to produce some, and you're telling me to call the studio.

This is all very thoroughly silly. If you've got evidence, let's see it. Otherwise, I see no reason to take the idea seriously.

I wasn't asking who I could hypothetically ask, I was asking you what evidence there was. I asked you because you claimed there was some: you said "Daniel Craig will not re-appear." When filmgilinterrupted asked how you knew this, you were vague and said you heard it from "some people in the industry." Now I'm asking you to produce some, and you're telling me to call the studio.

This is all very thoroughly silly. If you've got evidence, let's see it. Otherwise, I see no reason to take the idea seriously.
Jonh Morrisey would be offended if you considered him hypothetical.

The act of asking is what would be hypothetical. But anyway, that's three direct requests for evidence, and none produced, so...I'm gonna assume this is just conjecture gussied up as insider info and leave you to it. Have fun and all that.