Strangest film ever seen

Tools    

So I'm new to this site (loving it though). Sorry if this thread has already been created recently.

What I'm looking for is the most outlandish movie you've ever seen. The kind of movie where when the credits roll you have this strange "The Ring" death-face look. Maybe you have lots of questions, or have know idea how it's supposed to be interpreted, or just thought it was the most offputting movie ever.

Mine (after about 5 minutes of deep thought) is Mulholland Dr. (2001). I mostly was disturbed, confused and a little lost...questioning why certain scenes were actually even in the movie. I saw artistic value in the piece. I guess just not my cup of tea.

i agree with mullholland drive , also check out 2046 quite werid but great

ravenous was quite weird.

Funeral Parade of Roses, Eraserhead, The Holy Mountain, Tetsuo, INLAND EMPIRE, Crash, The Idiots, Naked Lunch

Tetsuo: The Iron Man

GUMMO

I was really disturbed by the complete randomness, and weirdness of it, The kind of film that makes you look to the person next to you as if it'll help. Gummo was like a feverish delirium mixed with an acid trip.

Taxidermia.

Very strange movie about 3 generations of an extremely weird family.

A man who can shoot fire from his penis:

His son, a competitive eater:

[Expect lots of shots of people vomiting here]

And his son after that a taxidermist:

(Hopefully the pictures arent too graphic)

Extremely weird movie. As I've said above about 3 generations of the same family. It's a little disturbing also, the ending especially.

I'd advise you all to watch it, because although it's strange it's not a bad film .

Banned from Hollywood.

Salo (this falls under the disturbing category..possibly the most weird and disturbing film that has ever been filmed. The scene where they eat s*hit is what i am talking about)

Inland Empire (Lynch's weirdest, but then almost all his movies are)

Donnie Darko (psychological and straightforward IMO (time travel etc) , but all that bunny business is totally weird)

Naked Lunch (...is kind of weird for a cronenberg movie, but then again the book was even more wtf? )

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I also thought Crash was a bad film and The Devils Chair which just happens to be crap aswell.

A system of cells interlinked
Mulholland Drive is one of my favorite films of all time. Yeah, it's strange.

Inland Empire
gets my vote, though...

Would love to hear your thoughts. Still working on mine...
It's released here in July so I'll try to see it then and report back. Although I doubt it'll have a wide release so whether or not I can find it; we'll have to wait and see.

I'm actually surprised the BBFC - one of the more conservative film councils out there - have decided to let the movie through without cutting it to shreds...

I didn't recommend it to you though, let the record show
If it warps my fragile little mind I wont hold it against you

You want to post like me?
It's released here in July so I'll try to see it then and report back. Although I doubt it'll have a wide release so whether or not I can find it; we'll have to wait and see.

I'm actually surprised the BBFC - one of the more conservative film councils out there - have decided to let the movie through without cutting it to shreds...

If it warps my fragile little mind I wont hold it against you
It might...
Of course I can't know if it's as disturbing as the version I saw if it's censured.

Banned from Hollywood.
GUMMO

I was really disturbed by the complete randomness, and weirdness of it, The kind of film that makes you look to the person next to you as if it'll help. Gummo was like a feverish delirium mixed with an acid trip.

I agree with you on the disturbing part...but this film is far from weird...it's rather stupid, pointless, and sick...90 minutes commited to tape for what?..i wonder how they ever let the director release such pointless utter garbage.