Ranks

Tools    

The Elected Movie Eliminator
I take apart in another forum, and there is a rank feature. Very simple, if you reach the requried amount of posts, your rank exceeds higher.

Example:

0-100 :: Movie fan
100-200 :: Movie Buff
300-450 :: Amateur Film Maker
450-700 :: Director
700-900 :: Oscar Nominee Director
900-1000 :: Oscar Winning Director
1000-2000 :: Movie Director Legend
2000-3500 :: Film Icon
3500+ :: Movie Forums Hall Of Famer

Just a minor thought.

The King of Movies
Good idea. Just i think a few touch ups would be needed.

Here is what i had in mind.....

0-500 :: Movie fan
500-600 :: Movie Buff
600-800 :: Amateur Film Maker
800-2000 :: Director
2000-5000: Oscar Nominee Director
5000-10,000:: Oscar Winning Director
10,000-15,000 :: Movie Director Legend
15,000-16,000:: Film Icon
16,000+ :: Movie Forums Hall Of Famer

Yea, the list I incorporated was just made up on the spot, of course if this feature is accepted, there will be some adjustments. I just think when you accomplish a milestone (posting wise), it'd be good if you can have a different rank next to your name. And of course you can throw in the average gold star when you reach 1000+, or what such.

Welcome to the human race...
Between the existing reputation system and the fact that you can customise usertitles, I don't see any real point in implementing a rank system.

I think there's already one in place anyway.

You want to post like me?
Especially if the multicoloured light saber feature gets accepted. Wouldn't want to overkill it.
Besides the ammount of post is already displayed. That's a "rank" in itself.

We already have customizable usertitles, so what's the point of this? I do know that on another forum I go to, there's like a special section for people over a certain amount of posts. It just happens to be over 1000 posts, and it's called the VIP section.

Yeah, we used to have this, before custom user titles were available (some of them were awfully funny, too), but now, pretty much everyone prefers the custom titles.

Anything that sets us apart from IMDB is a good thing. In my ever so humble opinion.

Yeah, I've always preferred making my own.

Mine seems to be stuck on "♥Mod♥Squad♥", but the fact that we can make our own user-titles up, is working well with the theme game.

Anything that sets us apart from IMDB is a good thing. In my ever so humble opinion.
IMDb doesn't have this feature, so what are you talking about? And, it was just a suggestion.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
He said that this feature (custom user titles, the infamous CUT) we do have "sets us apart from IMDb". Other than that, I have no opinion on others' opinions about this.