Kubrick's Best?

Tools    

Ive not read the novel, so i dont know how faithful it is to the book. But Kubrick being Kubrick would always create something new. I should read the novel some other day just to compare it with the film.

Nabokov wrote the screenplay actually. Funny thing, when the first draft was finished, he plopped it in front of Kubrick and his producer and it was described as a giant brick. It was something like 400 pages.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
It's between A Clockwork Orange and Eyes Wide Shut for my current favourite.

1-2001
2-Clockwork Orange
3-Full Metal Jacket
4-Barry London
5-Paths of Glory

The Shining

Dr. Strangelove. A Clockwork Orange and 2001 come close. In terms of influence, 2001 has made by far the most impact though.

Though it's not very Kubrickan, Spartacus is the best. Behind that, it's between Lolita and A Clockwork Orange.

I think I would rank them like this, although it's so close and really hard to do so with the top 5:

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. Dr. Strangelove
3. A Clockwork Orange
4. The Shining
5. Paths of Glory
6. The Killing
7. Full Metal Jacket
8. Killer's Kiss

The Shining just because over 30 years later people are still discovering new things about it. For example, the two dead girls in the hallway were actually still alive and breathing very heavily.

Once I'm up to 10 posts I'll post a link where you can see the proof.

2001, of course. The Shining and Eyes Wide Shut aren't too far behind.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
1. Barry Lyndon
1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. The Shining
4. A Clockwork Orange
5. Dr. Strangelove

Yes, I put two number ones!!

2001, Eyes Wide Shut, Dr. Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Heinlein

Ive not read the novel, so i dont know how faithful it is to the book. But Kubrick being Kubrick would always create something new. I should read the novel some other day just to compare it with the film.
It's a great novel.

2001: A Space Odyssey, from me, also.

And what makes me sure? Well...
I am not a fan of the science-fiction, I don't like films which rely heavily on special effects, I prefer the European cinema to the American one, and I feel most of the films from the 60s have something naive in them. Yet I watched A Space Odyssey for 7 or 8 times.
That's why I'm sure there's something special about it!