The DVD'S I plan to buy

Tools    

The Elected Movie Eliminator
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
The Elephant Man (Very hard to get, no sales even on the Australian e-bay)

I'm trying to own every movie that is displayed in my top 12:

1. Raging Bull (1980) :: Martin Scorsese
2. Pulp Fiction (1994) :: Quentin Tarantino
3. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (1966) :: Serigo Leone
4. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975) :: Milos Forman
5. The Green Mile (1999) :: Frank Darabont
6. A Clockwork Orange (1971) :: Stanley Kubrick
7. American History X (1998) :: Tony Kaye
8. The Elephant Man (1980) :: David Lynch
9. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) :: Stanley Kubrick
10. Memento (2000) :: Christopher Nolan
11. Rocky (1976) :: John G. Advilden
12. The Wrestler (2008) :: Darren Aronofsky

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
There are indeed some great movies there mate

Ah, thank you. Jerry, consider yourself a lucky man finding The Elephant Man for $10. None on E-bay and I looked on Amazon and they're selling it for $27.00, which is too expensive.

Perhaps. I'll ring a few places and see if they have it in. But, I highly doubt it. According to IMDb it's only got 46,000 votes, very low for a movie that was only made 30 years ago.

Perhaps. I'll ring a few places and see if they have it in. But, I highly doubt it. According to IMDb it's only got 46,000 votes, very low for a movie that was only made 30 years ago.
Why are you using the number of votes a movie has on IMDb as a reference to availablility on a DVD? I mean, there's just like no connection between the two. I'm sure you'll be able to find it somewhere, if not you can always get it on Netflix, because I know it's on there, because it's in my queue.

Agreed with Movieman. Judging which movies are likely to be on DVD based on the number of votes they have on IMDB is just silly. Just keep checking Amazon and eBay, and take a trip to your local electronics store(s) every so often.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Why are you using the number of votes a movie has on IMDb as a reference to availablility on a DVD? I mean, there's just like no connection between the two. I'm sure you'll be able to find it somewhere, if not you can always get it on Netflix, because I know it's on there, because it's in my queue.
Well for starters, all the time when movies have low votes on IMDb, I find it hard to get or rent. Explain why they don't have any on E-bay and selling it for $30.00 on Amazon, where their average DVD sale price is about $15.00. Besides is there an Australian Netflix?

Agreed with Movieman. Judging which movies are likely to be on DVD based on the number of votes they have on IMDB is just silly. Just keep checking Amazon and eBay, and take a trip to your local electronics store(s) every so often.
Wait a second, I have already searched on the internet and such BEFORE I considered how many votes it's got. I hardly never judge the votes on IMDb to see if it's referenced for availability. I searched, I couldn't find any and then I looked at it's votes which is 48,000 -- So I considered perhaps that's why it's not on E-bay or at my local rental store.

Well for starters, all the time when movies have low votes on IMDb, I find it hard to get or rent. Explain why they don't have any on E-bay and selling it for $30.00 on Amazon, where their average DVD sale price is about $15.00. Besides is there an Australian Netflix?
I forgot that you lived in Australia when I mentioned Netflix, so I guess they don't have Netlfix there. Still the votes thing has no effect on DVDs, because I mean use The Usual Suspects as a great example. It has over 200,000 votes on IMDb, but I can't find it to buy anywhere. I wouldn't have even seen it before had it not been for Netflix.

I forgot that you lived in Australia when I mentioned Netflix, so I guess they don't have Netlfix there. Still the votes thing has no effect on DVDs, because I mean use The Usual Suspects as a great example. It has over 200,000 votes on IMDb, but I can't find it to buy anywhere. I wouldn't have even seen it before had it not been for Netflix.
Yea, I guess you're right. It depends on the movie, really. Though I have always wanted to watch The Elephant Man, and luckily I picked it up at another rental store after ringing up four other stores when they obviously didn't have it.

Yea, I guess you're right. It depends on the movie, really. Though I have always wanted to watch The Elephant Man, and luckily I picked it up at another rental store after ringing up four other stores when they obviously didn't have it.
Well if you want it that bad, rent it then don't return it. All they'll do is charge you for the DVD, and then you get to buy the DVD.

Well if you want it that bad, rent it then don't return it. All they'll do is charge you for the DVD, and then you get to buy the DVD.
I want to own every movie in my top 10 or 12. I own about five or six of them, and I understand it's pretty hard to get, but I'll be patient and it'll ought show up some time.

Bigpond is actually a rip-off. I read some of their deals and they're actually rip-offs. $1.00 for every DVD at my local rental store. And they have a good selection, too.

Bigpond is actually a rip-off. I read some of their deals and they're actually rip-offs. $1.00 for every DVD at my local rental store. And they have a good selection, too.

cough..cough.. axxo..cough..klaxxon..cough..free...cough