Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

The tunnel - it just couldn't hold my interest

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)

The reviews of this movie were glowing, if not ecstatic. It is true that the cinematography was lucious in every frame- from the elegant rooms to the verdant treetops. But as lovely as the scenics were; whatever this movie was about was not enough to keep me watching - or awake.

I actually peeked in once in a while, with one half open eye - and could not pursue any further viewing.

And the flying. Whatever was that for. I mean I've seen Superman fly, but that movie never had any pretensions of being philosophical or arty or whatever this was supposed to be.

If I want to watch fascinating creatures gamboling amongst the tree tops , I 'd happily tune in to the next Nature program about lemurs. Much more fascinating . ( And no subtitles) .

Nope, could not watch 2 hours & 37 minutes of this.

1.Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
2.Get Out
3.Boo! A Madea Halloween

The machinist : a clatter of sh..e
Arrival : a bigge clatter of sh..e
And just watched another clatter called Replicas, "Starring" that non-actor Kannaeact Reeves

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Usually I try to give the whole thing a chance, but:

Brazil -- it was way too pretentiously over the top, and just trying to hard, even for it's own sake.
Beverly Hills Cop II -- Mostly cause of the new police captain, as this guy was such a mustache twirler who broke all the rules, I couldn't see how any of the other cops would allow him to get away with it, and I just couldn't finish it, especially when it tries to be more serious than the first one, yet the script is more dumb in comparison.

What an excellent day for an exorcism
Any movie that injects a scene of someone buried alive or at least I skip that scene, which is why I never even attempted to watch the movie 'Buried.' My claustrophobia is beyond unhealthy. I have watched Kill Bill Vol. 2, but when Beatrix is buried alive, I fast forwarded through that whole scene.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Brazil -- it was way too pretentiously over the top, and just trying to hard, even for it's own sake.
Agreed!
Beverly Hills Cop II -- Mostly cause of the new police captain, as this guy was such a mustache twirler who broke all the rules, I couldn't see how any of the other cops would allow him to get away with it, and I just couldn't finish it, especially when it tries to be more serious than the first one, yet the script is more dumb in comparison.

Any movie that injects a scene of someone buried alive or at least I skip that scene, which is why I never even attempted to watch the movie 'Buried.' My claustrophobia is beyond unhealthy. I have watched Kill Bill Vol. 2, but when Beatrix is buried alive, I fast forwarded through that whole scene.
That was one of my favorite scenes - although I question the physics of escaping the coffin, even if you could somehow punch through the top, the fact that you're in a horizontal position with a ton of dirt falling in on top of you...

Based on the truth.. and lies.

I have that problem with electroshock therapy in movies I can't watch I think it's because I'm secretly a loon

Serenity (2005)
I've been anticipating this coming to a streaming service since I've heard it's pretty good, but I couldn't buy into it. After the first hour, I couldn't care less about any of the characters. It could be that it hasnt aged well, but nothing about this movie really appealed to me.

Interesting subject & the 2 leads were good. The Swedish guy who played Borg looked uncannily like him. After 48 minutes though of this long slow movie, I couldn’t face another hour. Especially as I knew how Wimbledon played out that year.

Couldn’t get past Eric Bana’s awful wig. A little thing like this can ruin a movie for me. No clue why Bana needed a wig as he has perfectly nice hair of this own.

Couldn’t get past Eric Bana’s awful wig. A little thing like this can ruin a movie for me. No clue why Bana needed a wig as he has perfectly nice hair of this own.
Haven't seen that but Tom Hardy's wig in Tinker Tailor is the worst one I can think of in recent memory.

Serenity (2005)
I've been anticipating this coming to a streaming service since I've heard it's pretty good, but I couldn't buy into it. After the first hour, I couldn't care less about any of the characters. It could be that it hasnt aged well, but nothing about this movie really appealed to me.
Have you seen season one of Firefly before watching Serenity?

Haven't seen that but Tom Hardy's wig in Tinker Tailor is the worst one I can think of in recent memory.
One of my fave movies. Yes, I think he did have a horrid wig.

Wigs are v. tricky. Great strides have been made in women’s wigs (can’t even tell it’s a wig most times), but wigs for men are harder. This is why I like film much more than live theater. At the theater I am so distracted by bad wigs, ill-fitting shoes, etc.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I loved The Time Traveler's Wife. Gbgoodies told me about it, I think it might even be in her Top 10.

Citizen Rules is right. I love The Time Traveler's Wife. It was in my top 10 for a while, but my top 10 favorite movies tend to change a bit every now and then. It's still a favorite movie, so it might make it back in there again someday.

Have you seen season one of Firefly before watching Serenity?
I did not, but I was told beforehand I probably should. Just not willing to prepare myself for a movie by watching an entire season of a TV show. A TV show that I honestly don't think I would have bought into either.