🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Great Spock moments @Mesmerized. Thanks for posting

One moment that I especially like ( but was not in this clip) , but can't remember the ep it came from- Spock and Jim are trying to escape from-.....ah somewhere - and instead of telling Jim to 'Hurry up!!!! Fast!!'
Spock says something like "A bit more alacrity if you please " lol

Nice video! A question: near the end, when a group of crew members were beaming onto the ship, what did Spock say when he shouted? It seemed like an outtake and he shouted, "The winner!" It looked like it was from the first pilot The Cage if you go by the uniforms. I've only seen that episode once, so if he said something else that was within the script of the episode I don't recall.

Nice video! A question: near the end, when a group of crew members were beaming onto the ship, what did Spock say when he shouted? It seemed like an outtake and he shouted, "The winner!" It looked like it was from the first pilot The Cage if you go by the uniforms. I've only seen that episode once, so if he said something else that was within the script of the episode I don't recall.
Sounds like Spock says, "The women!" as it was the two women who just disappeared.

He was sexist wasn't he? He should have said, "The two crew persons!"

Sounds like Spock says, "The women!" as it was the two women who just disappeared.

He was sexist wasn't he? He should have said, "The two crew persons!"
If it were Dr. McCoy (who wouldn't have been in that episode, obviously ) then, by the way he insulted Spock and his race all the time, I guess that would make McCoy a specie-est. I don't even know if that's a real word. But McCoy would probably shout, "The aliens!"
Thanks for your answer. By the way, I didn't like Spock shouting in The Cage and The Menagerie parts I and II. I'm glad he took his Vulcan Valium.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

One moment that I especially like ( but was not in this clip) , but can't remember the ep it came from- Spock and Jim are trying to escape from-.....ah somewhere - and instead of telling Jim to 'Hurry up!!!! Fast!!'

That quote is from Catspaw

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
If it were Dr. McCoy (who wouldn't have been in that episode, obviously ) then, by the way he insulted Spock and his race all the time, I guess that would make McCoy a specie-est. I don't even know if that's a real word. But McCoy would probably shout, "The aliens!"
Thanks for your answer. By the way, I didn't like Spock shouting in The Cage and The Menagerie parts I and II. I'm glad he took his Vulcan Valium.

Speaking of insults, I like the one from Bread and Circuses where McCoy calls Spock a "pointed-ear hobgoblin."

It's not McCoy's fault, it's those damn pointy brained script writers!...They made Bones say all that inflammatory stuff. Don't get me wrong I love the show but that's why I prefer the other ST TV shows better Well maybe not the brand new ones, I haven't seen those.

That quote is from Catspaw

Thank you, thank you , thank you !

Well I still find TOS my favorite of all the other tv versions of the show; and the only one I still watch in reruns. I watched most of the Picard shows and a few of the next one, which I can't even recall now. Also enjoyed TOS movies.

And it's true CR that Dr. McCoy had some lines that are harsh to hear ,but I never felt that was the essence of his character. His occasional grumpy demeanor was offset by him being a caring ' old fashioned country Doctor. ' lol And I'd say he was probably my favorite of the three leads, though the show was really made by their interaction.

Spock was the brains
Jim was the leader
and ' Bones' was the heart .

Well I still find TOS my favorite of all the other tv versions of the show; and the only one I still watch in reruns. I watched most of the Picard shows and a few of the next one, which I can't even recall now. Also enjoyed TOS movies.

And it's true CR that Dr. McCoy had some lines that are harsh to hear ,but I never felt that was the essence of his character. His occasional grumpy demeanor was offset by him being a caring ' old fashioned country Doctor. ' lol And I'd say he was probably my favorite of the three leads, though the show was really made by their interaction.

Spock was the brains
Jim was the leader
and ' Bones' was the heart .
On a very similar note...

I took a psychology class in high school (which was unusual in itself as most high schools in those days didn't offer a psychology elective). In the class we had to do a book report, but analyze the book using one of the classic psychological schools of thought.

I chose the Star Trek novel The Entropy Effect and broke it down using Freudian psychology: diagnosing the three main characters as representing Freud's model of the psyche...

Spock was the Superego (the intellect and moral conscience governed by rules)
McCoy was the Id (the emotions and instincts driven by desires)
Kirk was the Ego (the mediator that balances the other two).

The teacher was pleased with my report as the three main characters seemed to fulfill Freud's break down of a well-functioning psyche quite nicely.

On a very similar note...

I took a psychology class in high school (which was unusual in itself as most high schools in those days didn't offer a psychology elective). In the class we had to do a book report, but analyze the book using one of the classic psychological schools of thought.

I chose the Star Trek novel The Entropy Effect and broke it down using Freudian psychology: diagnosing the three main characters as representing Freud's model of the psyche...

Spock was the Superego (the intellect and moral conscience governed by rules)
McCoy was the Id (the emotions and instincts driven by desires)
Kirk was the Ego (the mediator that balances the other two).

The teacher was pleased with my report as the three main characters seemed to fulfill Freud's break down of a well-functioning psyche quite nicely.
I like what you said in your report, @Captain Steel. I would only add that I think Kirk is kind of driven by desire, too, given all the women he's kissed or, ahem, gone further with.

@Mesmerized, I love Bread and Circuses and that scene with McCoy taunting Spock. He seemed a bit too gleeful but my feeling, despite their arguments, is that he truly loved Spock. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock had that scene where they were taking Spock's body back to Vulcan, and Bones confesses, "I'm gonna tell you something that I never thought I'd ever hear myself say. But it seems I've missed you. And I don't know if I could stand to lose you again." And he wasn't just talking about being stuck with Spock's katra either. At least that's my belief.

I love the main trio, but I really enjoy McCoy and Spock's scenes together.

There's a nice scene in Star Trek IV that reveals McCoy's respect for Spock. Spock says he will have to make a guess while calculating their return trip through time. McCoy has a little fun with Spock at first, telling him. "Well, nobody's perfect.' But when Kirk tells Spock that his making a guess is extraordinary, McCoy explains that Kirk has more confidence in Spock's guesses than he does in other people's facts.

My favorite Spock McCoy moment is after McCoy throws the blinding light to rid Spock of a parasite in Operation: Annihilate! McCoy tells Kirk 'Spock is the best first officer in the fleet.' Which Spock hears with his superior hearing, which then annoys McCoy, ha!

"You were so worried about his Vulcan eyes, you forgot about his Vulcan ears" lol

Good ep overall and a fave moment of mine too, Cap.

Thanks again @Mesmerized: Nice series of snippets and clippets- - enjoyed this a lot.

This video also has one of my very favorite comedic moments- when Kirk asks if there's anyone on the ship who resembles Satan, and he and McCoy circle around Spock. Who , if he could ever appear to be huffy - finds absolutely no similarity. Lol

Also love those trilling Tribbles.