Name The musician/singer

Tools    

No clue

That's a pretty tough picture to recognize because of her age, but I'm pretty sure that it's Marilyn Horne, the great American opera diva.

In case I'm right, I'll go ahead and post one...

Not as easy as you may think @GulfportDoc For some odd reason, when I first looked at the photo and saw the beard, I thought it may have been Al Hirt. As I'd never seen him before........On a diet.

I even went to YouTube and listened to Java, with its inane yet catchy 'riff' .

Then I somehow came to my senses and saw the flute. And I figured; this couldn't be Al Hirt at all. No Sir.

Much more likely it's:

James Galway.

Not as easy as you may think @GulfportDoc For some odd reason, when I first looked at the photo and saw the beard, I thought it may have been Al Hirt. As I'd never seen him before........On a diet.

I even went to YouTube and listened to Java, with its inane yet catchy 'riff' .

Then I somehow came to my senses and saw the flute. And I figured; this couldn't be Al Hirt at all. No Sir.

Much more likely it's:

James Galway
Clever sleuthing, Miss LL. The flute was, of course, the key clue.

Parenthetically, Al Hirt and I both went to the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music. He started in 1940, 22 years before I.. He was a great trumpeter. You may not know that a good trumpet player is always in demand; almost more than any other instrument.

~Doc

Don't be too hard on us now.......

Again. I am impressed @GulfportDoc. ( As you know by now, I love these' behind the scenes' stories. ) Wonder if Al ever paid a visit to the Conservatory after he became well known.

And I didn't know trumpet players were in so much demand. Wonder if it's b/c there's less of them, or if it' s an exceptionally hard instrument to master.

Actually, while listening to Java,, I could easily hear that he was a highly skilled musician. You could hear a few licks where he was trying to break loose out of the simple tune; it was sort of like listening to Miles Davis do a guest solo in the Chicken Dance tune.

OK, my friend, I am posting one that should be very easy. Easy as apple pie .
Easy as an apple falling off a tree.

Again. I am impressed @GulfportDoc. ( As you know by now, I love these' behind the scenes' stories. ) Wonder if Al ever paid a visit to the Conservatory after he became well known.
I'm sure he did at some point when he was on tour in Cincinnati. He was a very busy feller in the 1960s. He never visited during my time ('62-'67).
And I didn't know trumpet players were in so much demand. Wonder if it's b/c there's less of them, or if it' s an exceptionally hard instrument to master.
I think you mean "fewer" of them.. I suspect a little of both reasons.
Actually, while listening to Java,, I could easily hear that he was a highly skilled musician. You could hear a few licks where he was trying to break loose out of the simple tune; it was sort of like listening to Miles Davis do a guest solo in the Chicken Dance tune.
Actually Hirt had much better technique than did Davis. Hirt claimed he was not really a jazz player. Dizzy Gillespie probably approached Hirt's virtuosity.

Hirt probably made more money than any other performing trumpet player besides Satchmo, Doc Severinsen, or perhaps Herb Alpert (Tijuana Brass, A&M Records).

~Doc

i don't know about anyone else, but the one you said that's easy as an apple falling off a tree rings no bells with me...musician? singer? solo artist? part of a group?

Robert Zimmerman's son Jacob Dylan who had a big hit with "One Headlight" fronting The Wallflowers.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Doesn't look like BB to me, though it's a youthful shot.

Maybe

George Benson?