First, last, best, worst and next DVD?

Tools    

My DVDs are on DVDafficianado. I update on that site now and then but I get DVDs so often, its hard to update all the the time. Some DVD's images or DVDs themselves, can not be entered on there because they are not in the Amazon database.

i already posted but i jus got a new DVD.

First DVD I bought: Meet the parents

Last DVD I bought:Reservoir dogs

Best DVD I own: Pulp Fiction or Scarface

Worst DVD I own: Friday After next

Next DVD I want to buy: Complete Nightmare on elm street series and The Shining.

First DVD I bought: Down To Earth

Last DVD I bought: All the Lethal Weapons

Best DVD I own: Goodfellas

Worst DVD I own: Valentines Day

Next DVD I want to buy: Scarface Special Edition, American History X, Old School, Forrest Gump, Dogma, Heat, L A Confidential, Jackie Brown, and Gangs Of New York. These are the dvd's I want but I normally buy dvd's that are on special offer, so I might wait a while for some of these.

Originally Posted by jrs
It's the Definitive Star Wars Trilogy from the rare laserdisc set (god knows if it still exists on LD format), onto a 4 DVD set. I got it from the supplier of mine a long while back.
Neat. Do you plan on getting the upcoming release too?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
First DVD I bought: Mallrats

Last DVD I bought: Invader Zim vol. 1.

Best DVD I own: Reservoir Dogs

Worst DVD I own: Godzilla's Revenge

Next DVD I want to buy: Holes

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I must become Caligari..!
First DVD I bought: Snatch

Last DVD I bought: Hang 'Em High

Best DVD I own: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

Next DVD I want to buy: Do The Right Thing Criterion
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by jrs
It's the Definitive Star Wars Trilogy from the rare laserdisc set (god knows if it still exists on LD format)
Yes, Virginia, LaserDiscs still exist. When they stopped making them in favor of DVDs, no agents came to our homes and rounded up all our collections for burning. Like CDs or DVDs, it's quite a durable format and will last "indefinitely" (within reason, anyway).

I own the LD boxed set 'definitive collection' of the original Star Wars trilogy. Hell, I have more LaserDiscs than Jrs has DVDs. And I have a lot more DVDs than I do LDs.

I'm tall, too. And I have a car. And I can whistle. So nanny-nanny boo-boo.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yes, Virginia, LaserDiscs still exist. When they stopped making them in favor of DVDs, no agents came to our homes and rounded up all our collections for burning. Like CDs or DVDs, it's quite a durable format and will last "indefinitely" (within reason, anyway).

I own the LD boxed set 'definitive collection' of the original Star Wars trilogy. Hell, I have more LaserDiscs than Jrs has DVDs. And I have a lot more DVDs than I do LDs.

I'm tall, too. And I have a car. And I can whistle. So nanny-nanny boo-boo.

I meant I'm not quite sure if The Star Wars Definitive Collection exists in stores. (Which I doubt). I haven't seen any stores selling LD in general in a long while.
Anyone on here could still own them already.

Originally Posted by jrs
I meant I'm not quite sure if The Star Wars Definitive Collection exists in stores. (Which I doubt). I haven't seen any stores selling LD in general in a long while.
Anyone on here could still own them already.
Any store that sells used LaserDiscs may well have the set available for purchase, heck even a yard sale may yeild such a find. But the best place to look is eBay and the like. I see right now eBay has at least two up: one for just under $70 at present bid, the other hasn't even gotten a single bite yet.

I'm not sure if by best/worst you mean quality of disc or the feature film

First DVD I bought: U-571 (PS2 Bundle)/From Dusk Till Dawn is my oldest

Last DVD I bought: Maniac Cop

Best DVD I own: Game Of Death (for disc, the movie is rubbish but the 40min extra of pure Bruce is awesome)
Evil Dead Trilogy (for film, but Alien Quadrilogy should be the one for 'best')

Worst DVD I own: The Fast and the Furious (film) Braindead (disc)

Next DVD I want to buy: Bubba Ho-Tep

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I'm not sure if by best/worst you mean quality of disc or the feature film

First DVD I bought: U-571 (PS2 Bundle)/From Dusk Till Dawn is my oldest

Last DVD I bought: Maniac Cop

Best DVD I own: Game Of Death (for disc, the movie is rubbish but the 40min extra of pure Bruce is awesome)
Evil Dead Trilogy (for film, but Alien Quadrilogy should be the one for 'best')

Worst DVD I own: The Fast and the Furious (film) Braindead (disc)

Next DVD I want to buy: Bubba Ho-Tep
im pretty sure by worst/best you are supposed to say ur worst/best film not quality.

In Tyler We Trust
Jrs what was your name on dvdaficionado? and mikemyers you registered?

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Any store that sells used LaserDiscs may well have the set available for purchase, heck even a yard sale may yeild such a find. But the best place to look is eBay and the like. I see right now eBay has at least two up: one for just under $70 at present bid, the other hasn't even gotten a single bite yet.

That's cool. Although I'd rather have them on DVD .

FIRST: The Night of the Living Dead (Original)

LAST: The Mists of Avalon

BEST: Memento

WORST: Underworld

NEXT: Either Cold Mountain (June 29th) or Children of Dune. Whichever I get to first.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Originally Posted by jrs
That's cool. Although I'd rather have them on DVD .

On the other hand, when the F.B.I. comes to my door looking for illegally pirated videos, they won't find any. And don't think Georgie Lucas doesn't have you on his hit-list; he does (especially after I forwarded LucasArts a copy of this thread with your confession).

Originally Posted by Psion
Jrs what was your name on dvdaficionado? and mikemyers you registered?
dvdphile

Originally Posted by Garrett
Neat. Do you plan on getting the upcoming release too?
The special Edition sucks....plus the Lucas is putting UNNECESSARY extra crap into the film for the new DVDs.

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
im pretty sure by worst/best you are supposed to say ur worst/best film not quality.
By quality i meant the over all DVD package, extras etc as this would influence my opinion of the DVD greatly