R66: 5 line DVD Reviews

Tools    

good review...thanks...i didn't think the acting was bad...a little over the top, maybe...but other than that...any actor who can play against a blue screen and imaginary anything gets a plus in my book...on the dvd it shows the making of and was interesting to see nothing on the set except bare walls...everything else was added in later

It has just started at the movies here, it is already out on DVD there

A system of cells interlinked
Sky Cap had some shoddy acting in it, but I thought it was a fun film, and will probably purchase it

Good work R66

My life isn't written very well.
Film fans and pop culture nerds must have had a moment of elation when they heard Dustin Hoffman & Barbara Streisand would be playing husband & wife in a comedy. Too bad it had to be in Meet the Fockers. Repeated "bits" and situations from the first film are over-emphasized here and it's tiring. But Hoffman and Streisand steal the movie with their ad-libbed banter. Be sure to watch all of the outtakes in the Bonus Materials section of the DVD.

R66 rating:

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Ever ask yourself, "Why do I like Sandra Bullock?" Miss Congeniality 2 won't give you an answer, but at least it will prolong the the mystery. The sequel isn't a re-hash of the first plot as mush as a re-hash of its most popular "bits". Enjoyable and sometimes funny, MC2 will at least inspire the question, "Why haven't I seen more of Regina King?" Of course, there's still no answer to the first question.

R66 smilie rating:

Naughty, naughty John Waters has finally made enough money to do bigger budget versions of the movie themes he's most famous for from the 70's. If you don't know what I'm talking about then avoid the raunchy, disgusting, sexually explicit A Dirty Shame. If you do know, then be prepared to get educated in every sexual deviation known to man--in color! No kids please, really. Not a masterpiece, but damn it's shockingly funny (in a sick way).

r66 smilie rating:

I love these little shorts... keep 'em coming.... please...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

American films seem to follow a certain formula: 1) Introduce the main character. 2) Give this character a problem to overcome. 3) Make sure this character overcomes said problem close to the end. Now, take these rules, mix them up into any order, and you have the Asian fave Kung Fu Hustle, a hyperkinetic martial arts fantasy that never stops topping itself. While not stunning in its special effects laden fight scenes, the movie does have originality.

R66 smilie rating:

someone review STEALTH if u've seen it please.

Originally Posted by m0dern_pr0phet
someone review STEALTH if u've seen it please.
Nobody saw STEALTH. Who would bother? I haven't seen it, but I can tell you it stinks.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Nobody saw STEALTH. Who would bother? I haven't seen it, but I can tell you it stinks.

I saw it. The only good about it was the ship. I give the film a C- .

A terrible father must protect his two children, on visitation day, from Martians(?) that completely destroy New Jersey one afternoon. War of the Worlds (2005) can boast great special effects, edgey suspense and a crazy Tim Robbins. But it can't explain why Tom Cruise has the only working vehicle on the east coast, or his ability to out-dodge vaporizing lasers just inches away from him. A cool movie that could have been alot better had it been less funny and more scary!

R66 smiley rating:

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
American films seem to follow a certain formula: 1) Introduce the main character. 2) Give this character a problem to overcome. 3) Make sure this character overcomes said problem close to the end. Now, take these rules, mix them up into any order, and you have the Asian fave Kung Fu Hustle, a hyperkinetic martial arts fantasy that never stops topping itself. While not stunning in its special effects laden fight scenes, the movie does have originality.

R66 smilie rating:
I just saw an ad for this and it looked really funny. Will give it a try. Thanks for these reviews - fun!

Is that so, scary movie is complete funniest movie......

the nanny dvd

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
A terrible father must protect his two children, on visitation day, from Martians(?) that completely destroy New Jersey one afternoon. War of the Worlds (2005) can boast great special effects, edgey suspense and a crazy Tim Robbins. But it can't explain why Tom Cruise has the only working vehicle on the east coast, or his ability to out-dodge vaporizing lasers just inches away from him. A cool movie that could have been alot better had it been less funny and more scary!

R66 smiley rating:

Yeah... I thought about the vehicle too...

is that so......