How you watch so many movies?

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I've seen your DVD collection JayDee. I wouldn't call it a collection though personally... not sure what to call it, but 'collection' doesn't quite sum it up.
Fair point!

How about my 'store inventory'? Except you know I don't sell or rent them!

Well I know my brother's tactic is to stay up later than he should, not get enough rest from work, but just watch movies. He's still alive so I guess it works out.

I don't watch movies on TV.I often watch a movie in several instalments on DVD and as a background to some other activity like sipping my morning coffee or working out on the treadmill.I like movies mostly from the 50's and 60's and would like to acquire more movies from the 40's though availability is often a problem.

and as a background to some other activity like sipping my morning coffee or working out on the treadmill.
Film fans should never do that, films need your full attention. Tut tut.

I look for movies with the intent of buying them, so I generally just use free streaming sites since I don't feel guilty about it as I end up buying most of what I watch, and thanking myself for not buying things and having a bad experience with them. I can use my sister's Netflix as well, but I tend to forget her password and I don't want to keep bothering her about it.

Netlix, Hulu, cheap DVD, and blu ray purchases at garage sales, pawn shops, flea markets, online, and second-hand shops. I don't watch as many movies as I would like to, though. I have a free day to myself, though, so I'm going to try to squeeze in at least two!

I think a ton of people are able to watch as much as they do because they torrent a ton.
What's a torrent?

I do own over 1400 dvds, and about 400 blu-rays, so the industry has had it's moneys worth from me, more so than the average man.

When I was unemployed I used to watch about 6 films a day; 2 on average now.

Two movies a day would be a lot for me. I typically average like 3 a week. Maybe 5 if I'm especially dedicated.

I have plenty of free time but I lack the attention span for it. The older I get, the shorter it seems to be so sitting still and focusing on movies for more than a couple of hours a day just isn't going to happen. Even then I tend to pause and go do something else for a bit in the middle of a movie.

Torrents if I can't find a particular film in the store (yet) and otherwise I watch my films on DVD/Blu-Ray. I have a very large collection of quality films (well, actually it's my dad's collection, but I'm the one who ends up watching the most of it), so that helps.

I also quite regularly visit the theater, which is still the best way to watch a movie, of course.

This year, I watched an average of approximately 1 film a day (372 films in one year). It's a very comfortable pace for me. As a college student, I have a lot of spare time, as I only have examination periods three times a year (the first one is coming up soon). I have plenty of time to go out at least once a week and to watch as many films as I want when I'm relaxing at home.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Well it's a combination for me of Netflix,internet streaming, and the occasional movie that I end up catching on TV. I watch a ton of films per year, usually an average of 3-4 per week.This year I've clocked in about 170 films more or less and next year I hope to watch a similar amount.I have a lot of spare time so its no problem for me.

For new/previously unseen movies, I go to the theater probably once a month or so. I also get Netflix streaming and Amazon Prime streaming and I occasionally blind buy a movie if it's cheap, if I've heard good things about it, or if it's something I wanted to see but missed during its theatrical run.

A lot of the movie watching I do is rewatches from my own collection, though.

The problem with Netflix is: the resolution is barley 720p. That's why people just download a 1080p BRRip , which only takes about 20 minute on an average internet connection.

This year, I watched an average of approximately 1 film a day (372 films in one year).
Which calender are you using?

Well, 372 divided by 365 is pretty close to 1. I would never be able to watch that many movies in a single year, I watched 250 this year and now I am not even interested in watching anything at all and this year I had lots of free time during it's first 6 months.

I basically watch everything online now. I recently got rid of Netflix through the mail and now I just have instant for arrested development and stuff. I don't own many DVDs and now I only get them as gifts. I'll watch them on tv occasionally, but it's hard to watch a movie with commercials unless you've seen it before.

What's a torrent?

I do own over 1400 dvds, and about 400 blu-rays, so the industry has had it's moneys worth from me, more so than the average man.

Whoa. A true film buff we have here!

I never managed to break the 5 movies wall in a single day. I always get too tired and can't pay attention anymore. I am weak, I know it, someday I hope I will be stronger and able to focus 16 hours a day on movies.