Movies You Want To See On DVD, Or A Better Edition.

Tools    

I wish they'd bring out Love Streams, Minnie & Moskowitz and Husbands on R2 DVD. I've been wanting to see the first two for ages, and I've only been able to see Husbands in different parts on YouTube.

I'm still waiting for Some Mother's Son (1996) to come out on DVD....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

i wanna see jeepers creepers and saw.

My Bloody Valentine(has never been released uncut on dvd)
The Burning(always wanted to see it)

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
The Monster Squad
If I had to pick one film that was a childhood favourite, this would get my vote!
Originally Posted by Sleezy

By the way, in case you missed it somehow the '80s cult kiddie hit The Monster Squad is being released in about a month on R1 DVD. It's a two-disc 20th anniversary special edition, no less. It streets on July 24th, 2007.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

By the way, in case you missed it somehow the '80s cult kiddie hit The Monster Squad is being released in about a month on R1 DVD. It's a two-disc 20th anniversary special edition, no less. It streets on July 24th, 2007.
Oh great. Thank you for the information. My kids love this one, and we only had a copy of it on VHS. A very old VHS.

I would love to watched any horror and suspense movie.

Unlike a lot of people, I didn't really like the Batman Begins two disc set edition. The extras didn't seem all that great and felt very brief and a bit too technical, at least for me. I would like an ULTIMATE EDITION set of Batman Begins with an exhaustive making of feature, akin to the Spiderman 2 documentary on that disc.

A director's commetary with star Christian Bale wouldn't be out of the question too. I suspect they'll have the definitive version by the time The Dark Knight hits the big screens.

Oh, and I am quite a bit of a fan of Robert Rodriguez's The Faculty, so wouldn't mind a special edition of that. I don't know if they have one in the US, but the UK edition is as vanilla as Vanilla Ice!

1st: Prospero's Books. Why isn't this available?
2nd: The Ruined Map. There was a Japanese dvd edition but it's now out of print.
3rd: The Baby of Macon. I'm just curious to see it. But this one isn't even easy to find on vhs (unlike Prospero).
4th: Rikyu (a pattern is emerging). Actually I'm pretty satisfied with my no frills Chinese dvd -- I'm sure it's a huge step up from the American pan-and-scan version -- but still wouldn't mind having a nice remastered edition.

Beware The Probe!
I wanted to get The Stoned Age on DVD forever but could never find it other than VHS versions.
No matter which DVD place I called, no one had it on disk, just tapes.

Friggin hilarious movie in my opinion.
I used to watch it whenever friends would come over drinking but I haven't seen it in over a decade now since my tape got eaten.

A buddy of mine just got me a copy today thst he burned from VHS to DVD that I'm gonna have to watch real damn soon (maybe tonight).

"Hey man...These aren't Talls!"

I wanted to get The Stoned Age on DVD forever but could never find it other than VHS versions.
No matter which DVD place I called, no one had it on disk, just tapes.

Friggin hilarious movie in my opinion.
I used to watch it on tape whenever friends would come over drinking but I haven't seen it in over a decade now since my tape got eaten.

A buddy of mine just got me a copy today thst he burned from VHS to DVD that I'm gonna have to watch real damn soon (maybe tonight).

"Hey man...These aren't Talls!"

It's at Amazon.com. I'm going to have to get you over that credit card, on-line deal.

Beware The Probe!
It's at Amazon.com. I'm going to have to get you over that credit card, on-line deal.
My fear of using my credit card over the internet is far too great for me to attempt such a thing.

Plus, what if I enjoyed using it online...?
Where would it end?
I might spend hours watching (shudders in fear) the Shopping Network!!

It's just not a path I wanna start down.

My fear of using my credit card over the internet is far too great for me to attempt such a thing.

Plus, what if I enjoyed using it online...?
Where would it end?
I might spend hours watching (shudders in fear) the Shopping Network!!

It's just not a path I wanna start down.
At Amazon, you would enjoy it. Watching the Shopping Network, nooooo. OK, forget I said anything.

This isn't a movie, but I have been wishing for some time now, that they would sale Judging Amy. So far, the most I can do is . . . Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available. Cagney & Lacey, on the other hand, is in my cart. Speaking of my cart, does anyone have about 5,000 dollars I can borrow? . . . No? How much is on that card of your's, Sci-Fi-Guy?

The Turkish film Eskiya, for one. Rolling Thunder for two. Both excellent films that need a proper release so that more can see them.

4th: Rikyu (a pattern is emerging). Actually I'm pretty satisfied with my no frills Chinese dvd -- I'm sure it's a huge step up from the American pan-and-scan version -- but still wouldn't mind having a nice remastered edition.
I have that Chinese dvd too. Great film isn't it?

I love Rikyu, it's a beautiful film. The actor who played Rikyu, Rentaro Mikuni, is also very good in Profound Desire of the Gods, Vengeance is Mine, and Juzo Itami's sequel to A Taxing Woman in which he plays a lecherous and very unprincipled priest.

I remember you said you haven't seen Woman in the Dunes yet? By the same director as Rikyu, I think you will like it.

Looking back at my last post, since I wrote that I found a good, European dvd of Prospero's Books. It was a bit pricey because it's only available in a set of 5 Rotterdam Film Festival winners, but I've watched it a lot so it's been worth it.

A new one I would like to see is Tod Browning's West of Zanzibar (1928) which I've been reading up on and saw a clip from on youtube, and it looks very interesting.