why is the sentence " where gonna' be late " in almost every movie?

Tools    

i have been asking myself that question like a thousand times,
and each and everytime i hear the sentence again" i think why???
i am now watching " KNOWING " and yes again.
where gonna be late "
or Rob Zombie's Halloween !! same thing : where gonna be late !
it's not that wierd ...till you hear that sentence in almost each and every movie out there!

I think it's two things:

1) movies are more exciting when people are rushing around, so there aren't as many beats where people are just boringly on time.

2) confirmation bias. Once you started looking for it you noticed it more, but don't notice as much when it isn't there. It's not in anywhere near every movie, I'll bet, it's just not as easy to remember it not happening.

Because it's an extremely ubiquitous phrase to hear in real day-to-day life and it also easily facilitates tension

I’ve never once heard “where gonna be late” in a movie.
Perhaps it was you who was late and missed the dialogue as a result.

*smugly turns the table*

Perhaps it was you who was late and missed the dialogue as a result.

*smugly turns the table*
It all depends on we’re I was heading.

Similar to what was already posted above, once your brain latches onto a trope-y piece of dialogue MY GAWD YOU HEAR IT EVERYWHERE.

For a while, it felt like every action movie I watched had a timid character finally hit/shoot/punch someone and then remark "I think I'm getting the hang of this."

Also, ya'll intentionally butchering the sight words is giving me flashbacks (to every single day of life as a teacher)! Cease and desist, please and thank you!

Also, ya'll intentionally butchering the sight words is giving me flashbacks (to every single day of life as a teacher)! Cease and desist, please and thank you!
Wanted me to stopping doing that?

Wanted me to stopping doing that?
Yeah, if we could all

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.5.1.D
Recognize and correct inappropriate shifts in verb tense.

and

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.5.2.E
Spell grade-appropriate words correctly, consulting references as needed.

that would be great.

Similar to what was already posted above, once your brain latches onto a trope-y piece of dialogue MY GAWD YOU HEAR IT EVERYWHERE.

For a while, it felt like every action movie I watched had a timid character finally hit/shoot/punch someone and then remark "I think I'm getting the hang of this."

Wear are we doing this?

Yeah, if we could all

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.5.1.D
Recognize and correct inappropriate shifts in verb tense.

and

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.5.2.E
Spell grade-appropriate words correctly, consulting references as needed.

that would be great.
I'll start reviewing those lessons tomorrow.