Best & Worst Films Of 2011

Tools    

So With the year drawing to a close (And so quickly too), Its time to give us your overall list of your favorite and least favorite films of the year. As well as films you are looking forward to next year.

and....GO!!!

best:The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
but the worst film hardly have a standard to vote

Best: breaking dawn
worst:Green Lantern

Best:

1. Super 8
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II
3. Hugo

Worst:

1. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
2. Something Borrowed
3. Green Lantern

My favorites so far would probably be Melancholia, I Saw The Devil, Submarine, ...then again I barely enjoyed anything from this year. I have yet to see A Dangerous Method or Carnage or Hugo....to be honest this question won't be properly answered for a few years, given most foreign or underground stuff isn't readily available, though I can readily say that most people's favorites (Super 8, Drive, etc.) I found merely decent.

I can safely say the worst film I saw this year was The Ides of March or Cowboys vs. Aliens, but I'm sure Red Riding Hood, Breaking Dawn, and all the other bs I dodged were even worse than that.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
To tell you the truth, I thought Transformers 3 was as good as Super 8 and Deathly Hallows 2. I'd give them all
. This is coming from someone who has only seen one Transformers movie.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Once again, I found the plotting of Super 8 quite muddled. There were times when I couldn't understand how the kids were able to do what they were doing with nobody noticing or caring. Deathly Hallows 2 had a one-sentence plot and I'm sorry, but I didn't remember every situation from the first part. It just barrelled through everything so fast that it seemed to me that it didn't really have a plot. I still give those movies .

Transformers 3 had a plot about a plan hatching for millions of years and the good vs. evil plot seemed clearer than Harry Potter, at least as a stand-alone film. Too bad if you think a lot less of me now, but I'm telling MY truth.

Way too many potentially good flicks to cram into the next five or six weeks, but thus far my favorites are The Artist, The Tree of Life, Melancholia, Incendies, Even the Rain, Take Shelter, The Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Moneyball, Hugo, Drive, The Guard, Terri, How to Die in Oregon, The Muppets, Super...

Happily I don't subject myself to many movies I just know aren't going to be my thing very often anymore (for example, movies starring Adam Sandler or Kevin James or both), but from the few that I did see so far from this year's crop, my least-favorites included the Arthur re-make and Hobo with a Shotgun, I guess. And Poetry, I found that insufferable.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

For Me Best and Wort movies can be

Best - Fast Five, Drive, Source code
worst -- Green Lantern, Cowboys & Aliens

Best: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II
worst:Green Lantern

1st Draft

10 - The Adventures Of Tintin
09 - Crazy Stupid Love
08 - X Men:First Class
07 - Scream 4
06 - Super 8
05 - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
04 - Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part II
03 - The Help
02 - Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
01 - Drive

Alright, the best of 2011. I'm counting in movies that were released in 2011, not necessarily made in 2011. I have seen none of the awesome Oscar-contenders like The Descendants, Hugo or The Artist, because they most likely won't be released in my country. I'm pissed off that a lot of really innovative and great movies are left unreleased, and crap like Alvin and the Chipmunks is playing in every theater in the country. That's Finland for you; Johnny English Reborn deserves a massive theatrical release and The Artist will most likely go straight to dvd.

10. Super 8
9. The Adventures of Tintin
8. Rango
7. Midnight in Paris
6. A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas
5. Win Win
4. The King's Speech (released in Finland this year so it counts)
3. The Help
2. Exit Through the Gift Shop (released straight to dvd in finland this year so it counts)
1. True Grit (It was Released in finland this january so it counts)

I saw many film in 2011 but best 3 movies are
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-2
Transformers
Fast Five
And Green "Lantern" was very bad movie in 2011

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The Worst is Easy;

Transformers 3 and Harry Potter on a tie.

The Best is a little tricky.

Perhaps Thor and 127 Hours. Maybe Tinker Tailor although I need to watch again to decide.

I still need to see Drive, Sherlock Holmes 2 both of which I reckon will be top films. Also Girl with Dragon Tattoo although I have seen the Swedish one so how different can it be.