Help with a film title please

Tools    

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
OK from what i vaguely remember its an older film but in colour, absolutely gorgeous colour. Its got something to with a trapeze artist I think and red shoes maybe. Bit rubbish on the details here but any help would be greatly appreciated. I think it might have been russian. I bet its really easy but i just dont remember it.

thanks

The two that come to mind are The Greatest Show on Earth, which also has a plot line involving a clown, if that helps, and Trapeze, starring Burt Lancaster (which I've never seen).

The Story of Three Loves, mayhaps? Or that and a bit of conflation with The Red Shoes? Moira Shearer is a ballerina in both. Both films are in color, but Powell & Pressburger's Red Shoes is famous for its vibrant beauty.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i think i may have mashed The Red Shoes with something else Holden, I remember some sort of aerial display and there are great pluming clouds of coloured smoke - any ideas?