The Underrated Performance of the Year

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Not sure what an underrated performance would be for the year. Like you, I have not seen a ton of films from 2010.

Leo was excellent in Shutter Island, though I would say it's Scorsese's worst effort, as the storyline was a bit absurd.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I'd like to make the argument that it was a wonderful effort by Scorcese and it was his homage to Hitchcock and I think it was rather fabulous! I admit I love Hitchcock.

I've always liked what a student of film Scorcese is and how much he loves movies.

As to Leo's performance being underrated, I'm going to agree.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Depends on how you define underrated, but I thought Jim Carrey's performance in I Love You, Philip Morris was really good. I have seen favourable reviews of his performance but he seems to have been overlooked in terms of awards nominations.

I wouldn't go as far as to say DiCaprio was underrated for his performance in Shutter Island. He gotten a lot of praise for it. His performance was the talk of the film, if anything. He might not have been nominated for an oscar or anything, but given the date that the film was released, I am not too surprised.

I would say that Casey Affleck's performance in The Killer In Me was a little underrated. The (extremely uncomfortable) violence against women grabbed the headlines for the reviews, but only a few really went on to give his performance the attention it deserves. It was definitely brave.

A shout out goes to my girl Gemma Arterton in The Disappearance Of Alice Creed she's actually really good in it and I never not believe her. Of course, i am a little bit biased since I would do anything for a date with her, but she is actually very effective as the victim caught between two dodgy geezers.