Is Hollywood Jewish?

Tools    

Bug Planet Proximus
I also agree that a Holocaust film taken from a different point of view would be very interesting. This question was raised to me recently after I had just watched Happiness[1998] and learned that it was the first film to take the point of view of an assaulting pedophile. I was curious at to whether there had been a film shot from the perspective of a Nazi.

I know that Italy have made many films about the times of Mussolini and the Italian Fascists (Seven Beauties, Amarcord, Malena, etc..), but they have all been from standbyer's views and shown Fascism and the Axis in a very, very negative light. Granted, I haven't seen many German films, but I have never seen one even set in WWII times(this isn't an invitation for people to start listing them off). My point is that Europe is a lot more hung up on the Holocaust than Hollywood, and on top of that they are all extremely anti-war or pro-semetic.

Infact, it was a while ago that I decided to no longer watch the World Movies Channel unless there was a title that was familiar to me. This is because at one stage it seemed nearly half the films were WWII movies. And all of the countries would do them (Poland, France, Czechoslavakia, etc.) and all of them from the same view point, with the same amount of cheesy emotion and corny tragedy. Anti-semitism seems to be the only area i've noticed European cinema won't stick its beak of controversy in. I'm sick of the freakin' Holocaust.

But aside from my ramblings, I don't think that Hollywood's current residents need to be erradicated, nor do I think that a Hollywood film from an anti-semetic perspective wouldn't make for an interesting watch.

PS. as for why films about the Allies are more popular than films about the Nazis, I think a quote from the film Chaplin will suit...
"Nobody wants to see a film about Adolf f_cking Hitler!!!"

EDIT: I just watched The Producers[1968], I guess I was wrong about the above line.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Aren't John and Nicholas Turturro playing two mean jewish brothers in Spike Lee's Mo' Better Blues?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

magneto from x-men...his parents went to a concentration camp...

meyer lansky, bugsy segal...all jews..

lee strasberg also played a jew connected with the mafia in the first godfather i believe....

leopold and loeb...orthodox jews

anybody see the believer?

fagin in oliver

i'm trying to come up with more...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Good job, susan. I was thinking there have to be a few!

R3port3r, very interesting thread. I admire your committment to your question. I think it's a valid one, but one that not a lot of people feel comfortable bringing up, for fear of being called names.

I think the best answer is in one of Yoda's posts: the Holocaust was recent enough that people who lived through it are still alive. That makes for a touchier subject.

Bug Planet Proximus
Originally Posted by susan
meyer lansky, bugsy segal...all jews..
But they were real life gangsters, not fictional characters invented by hollywood.
Also, Hyman Roth played by Lee Strasberg in The Godfather Part II was based on Meyer Lansky. I'm guessing this was from the whole 'Las Vegas Project' the mafia had going on back in those days, but is bringing the fantastic world of gambling to millions really 'villainous'? Besides, his character wasn't exactly evil either.

Originally Posted by D'yer Mak'er
But they were real life gangsters, not fictional characters invented by hollywood.
Also, Hyman Roth played by Lee Strasberg in The Godfather Part II was based on Meyer Lansky. I'm guessing this was from the whole 'Las Vegas Project' the mafia had going on back in those days, but is bringing the fantastic world of gambling to millions really 'villainous'? Besides, his character wasn't exactly evil either.
and so they were real...they were still jewish and still portrayed by hollywood.

besides movies aren't the only thing that put some jews in a bad light..try reading jules verne sometime or edgar rice burroughs...even charles dickens (fagin, oliver twist) then you can say that no one puts jews in a bad light...

or shakespeare (shylock for one)

apprenticeship of duddy kravitz is another one although richard dreyfuss played the title character brilliantly

and while i loved gene wilder in the frisco kid, not all rabbis are as silly and stupid as the hollywood script made him out to be....

history *is* moralizing
real good thread!
!!!
Originally Posted by Betty
Wow r66, I can't believe you said that. Didn't you know that's taboo? Unfortunately, I do agree with you.
taboos suck, and tis good to break 'em. and when one does break them, others come with simple, simplicistic, "the question is ridiculous"...
bah!
same thing about journalism, and why not try and find reasons?

Political Correctness and Jewish Ideology are exactly the same thing. That's because Political Correctness is nothing more than what the media tells us we're supposed to believe. And the media is Jewish. The Entertainment Media and the News Media both. Jews control the great majority of the media as well as the government.

Just look at the stupid presidential debates. Each candidate had numerous opportunities to tell us how he intends to stop terrorism in the United States, but neither of them had the guts to give the obvious answer to the whole problem...Stop Supporting Israel! That is the one and only reason we Americans have to worry about being attacked by Palestinians. Because we consistently provide unconditional support to the people who have been stealing their land for decades. That's what Jews do. They take everything that's not nailed down, and when they've got it all, they start pulling up nails and taking the rest. They are the control freaks of the world, and unfortunately they're smart enough to con most WASPs into subjugation by capitalising on the Aryan Guilt Trip. They did it with their bible and now they're topping it off with television.

Adolf Hitler knew that about them. I'm not saying his methods were correct...he was obviously way too extreme in they way he dealt with them...but his basic theory was pretty sound. He saw the way the Jews were subverting German values and weakening the country, especially with their ultra-leftist press and media. They were responsible for Germany's surrender of World War 1. Being an extreme patriot and a war hero, Hitler hated them for it. He hated Communism and therefore hated Jews, who just happened to be the biggest supporters of Marxism. He explains it all very comprehensively in Mein Kampf, which he wrote before he started destroying his mind with methamphetimines. It's not considered Politically Correct reading but it gives you much insight into Hitler's motivation...something you won't find on the Jewish-Controlled History Channel which only espouses the Germans-Are-Monsters theory.

What I'm saying is considered nasty and vulgar because Jews have been teaching you that it's nasty and vulgar to talk bad about them. They claim that they've been disproportionately mistreated throughout history. It wasn't just Jews that suffered through the "holocaust". The Nazi SS also targeted Gypsies, the homeless, and the mentally or physically handicapped. Hundreds of thousands of Chinese were slaughtered by Japanese, as were tens of thousands of British, Australian, and American soldiers in the Bataan Death March. Hundreds of thousands of Cambodians were massacred by the Pol Pot regime. Christians have been targeted throughout history as have athiests and just about any other religious or ethnic group you can think of. Contrary to popular belief, Jews do NOT have a monopoly on suffering.

As much as I like watching gangster movies, I have to admit that they, along with other genres, are helping to destroy the moral fabric of society. Remember the 60's and 70's, when young people just wanted to get high, make love, and listen to music. Now look...being selfish, belligerent and obnoxious is what's "cool" these days. Your kids' heros are the loudmouths who go around childishly demanding that everyone "respect" them, while they go around disrespecting everyone else. That's the liberal media turning your children into loudmouth little brats with their caps on backwards and their pants hanging halfway off their asses. Thank you very much, Bernie and Abraham.

BTW, here's an interesting old quote from an old Jew:

Conquest of the Gentiles

Century Magazine, January , 1928

By a Mr. Ravage

You have not begun to appreciate the real depth of our guilt. We are intruders. We are disturbers. We are subverters. We have taken your natural world, your ideals, your destiny, and played havoc with them: We have been at the bottom not merely of the latest great war, but of nearly all your wars, not only the Russian but of every other major revolution in your history. We have brought discord and confusion and frustration into you personal and public life. We are still doing it. No one can tell how long we shall go on doing it…

Our legends and our folk-tales are the sacred lore which you croon to your infants. Our poems have filled your hymnals and your prayer-books. Our national history has become an indispensable part of the learning of your pastors and priests and scholars. Our kings, our statesmen, our prophets, our warriors are your heroes. Our ancient little country is your Holy Land. What our people thought and taught has become inextricably woven into your speech and tradition, until no one among you can be called educated who is not familiar with our racial heritage.

Jewish artisans and Jewish fishermen are your teachers and your saints, with countless statues carved in their image and innumerable cathedrals raised to their memories. A Jewish maiden is your ideal of motherhood and womanhood. A Jewish rebel-prophet is the central figure in your religious worship. We have pulled down your idols, cast aside your racial inheritance , and substituted them for our God and our traditions. No conquest in history can even remotely compare with this clean sweep of our conquest over you.

As cited by Lloyd M. Graham, Deceptions and Myths of the Bible. (Bell Publishing, 1979) pp. 276-277.

Originally Posted by n7of9
can somebody PLEASE cite a hollywood movie portraying the persecution of the Christians throughout history....or the persecution of the many european countries the germans pillaged during WWI and WWII...or the 20million russians who died during WWII
well wasnt the passion of the christ considered anti-sematic?

Originally Posted by Cracker
Jews control the great majority of the media as well as the government.
That's what Jews do. They take everything that's not nailed down, and when they've got it all, they start pulling up nails and taking the rest.
Adolf Hitler knew that about them. I'm not saying his methods were correct...he was obviously way too extreme in they way he dealt with them...but his basic theory was pretty sound.
You are so banned.

My life isn't written very well.
I have to agree.

Hopefully the nature of the question is not interpreted as one that needs a essay on why a certain member believes that Jewish people are "evil". The question is designed to evoke thought into something that most members here will think about, and reply to. No harm in exploring why a certain group is more likely to be expert in a certain field. But it is harmful, personally and globally, to make judgements about people that you draw from your own personal hatred.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by cracker
What I'm saying is considered nasty and vulgar because Jews have been teaching you that it's nasty and vulgar to talk bad about them.
No. What you're saying is considered nasty and vulgar because it was a gross overgeneralization without a hint of substantiation.

r3port3r, I think cracker's name, av, etc established him even before this post as someone here to stir up trouble, not a person who genuinely mistook the intent of your question.

I used to work near Hollywood, and it just amazed me how many Jewish folks I met in various shops. So based on that, the answer would be yes.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by casa
well wasnt the passion of the christ considered anti-sematic?
Perhaps I'm wrong but I didn't think Passion of the Christ was Hollywood.

Originally Posted by n7of9
is hollywood jewish? you're kidding right?? why the question mark? i thought it was common knowledge....you're living in a dreamworld if you don't already know the answer...i would post that as a statement, as such...

is hollywood jewish! [insert raise of eyebrows]
hahaha word.

i read some of the posts in this thread, including Cracker's highly offending post, but im not going to dive head first into the subject (as some of y'all have)...

the real question (imo) is, "does is bother you that "hollywood is jewish?""

( <---- a jew)

edit: wow, quite an old thread.

Certainly "Hollywood" (whatever that means) is disproportionately Jewish and highly sensitive to issues of concern to the Jewish community.

That doesn't make it some sort of grand conspiracy...

Originally Posted by Purandara88
Certainly "Hollywood" (whatever that means) is disproportionately Jewish and highly sensitive to issues of concern to the Jewish community.

That doesn't make it some sort of grand conspiracy...
now why in the world would you think that???

Originally Posted by susan
now why in the world would you think that???
Jews account for around 2% of the US population (about 6 million of the roughly 300 million US residents), but depending on which source you believe, account for between 30% and 60% of the people employed in the film and broadcast media industries. That is a classic case of statistical overrepresentation.

Movie Forums Member
It was created by Jewish people and a lot of them are still in the producing field.