1970's Hall of Fame

Tools    

why sign up if you have no intentions of watching the movies

I think fantastic planet is gonna be more interesting for discussion so I vote to keep

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
so much for a simple fix.

If end up not agreeing on the switch out the final option is: Fantastic staying Raul's and the two missing participants' noms being removed. Which is Condor and Last Picture.

Let the night air cool you off
Two votes for both, one vote for one or the other, one vote for neither. Good stuff so far...oh wait, never mind, Emperor Ed is laying down the law, I guess.

Two votes for both, one vote for one or the other, one vote for neither. Good stuff so far...oh wait, never mind, Emperor Ed is laying down the law, I guess.
just letting everyone know what the final decision will be if we all cannot agree on one.

I don't think it'll be proper HoF etiquette to leave both movies in the HoF. After all, we're removing Condor regardless, and most of us has seen that as well.
It is the standard rule: Someone is unable to finish, they're movie is removed and that really needs to be upheld. Ya know?

So, at this point, we all agree to let Raul switch out or, if we all do not come to an agreement, as I first stated, Raul stays with Fantastic and we remove Picture Show and Condor so that we can move forward.

EDIT: and I forgot to mention, THANK YOU Justin for keeping a running tally - my math is horrible!

why sign up if you have no intentions of watching the movies
that has been a running quagmire through out the history of HoFs.
Sometimes life gets in the way, or someone over extends themselves and realizes later on that they are unable to. Sometimes, people lose interest or change their minds about participating.

Also, a number of people who were regulars, stopped, because of people joining and not finishing. So we do what we can to either keep everyone involved, or address anyone changing their mind or realizing they are unable to finish due to life or so forth, early on.

We actually got pretty lucky for a couple of them in a row when everyone stayed in and finished. Hell, there were a couple going on at the same time with some overlaps, and I was dead last for finishing on all of them. lol

It is something that does happen and we do what we can when it does.
Because the alternative is to stop having them and screw that, these HoFs are pretty f@ckin awesome, so. . .

Let the night air cool you off
I don't think it'll be proper HoF etiquette to leave both movies in the HoF. After all, we're removing Condor regardless, and most of us has seen that as well.
It is the standard rule: Someone is unable to finish, they're movie is removed and that really needs to be upheld. Ya know?
Not that I'm arguing for or against anything, but when I first started these things that wasn't a rule. Which means somebody made a decision one time, and then others followed suit. I know it's been a generally accepted practice thus far, but you can play every situation by ear... and this one is a little different than the ones in the past.

Not that I'm arguing for or against anything, but when I first started these things that wasn't a rule. Which means somebody made a decision one time, and then others followed suit. I know it's been a generally accepted practice thus far, but you can play every situation by ear... and this one is a little different than the ones in the past.
never saw it as a negative thing and I truly do appreciate the input. I truly do. Please continue to.

And I know the original idea has been built upon and tweaked and as HoFs go by we adjust and try things with the understanding that every host can keep, remove or improvise various ways of running them.
So its all a growing process and I do agree about playing every situation by ear and hopefully, with everyone's help and input I can try this out and see where it goes while still keeping the train on the track, as it were.

For the record, I'm in favour of keeping both nominations in the tournament. As for "Three Days of Condor", there's plenty of time until the deadline. It would be premature and inconsiderate to rule out the nomination, when there's still a reasonble chance the participant will return. Another 2-3 weeks should pass before any official decision is made in regards to it.

@rauldc14, @Yam12, @Citizen Rules, @Jay Redrum, @Joel, @cricket, @HashtagBrownies, @Velvet, @AlexWilder, @CaptainT, @Jeff Costello, @Nestorio_Miklos

Thank you so much everyone for voicing your input!!
While that wasn't every single person, we definitely got the folks that have invested time in Fantastic Planet so. . .

I'll play cordial host and ask @rauldc14: So, you're good with keeping Fantastic Planet?

Also, not sure if it matters, but I proposed this on my own when I saw raul's comment and didn't ask him before making the announcement, so, I hope I didn't put you on the spot, raul and my apologies if I did. Just wanted to extend a little courtesy, that's all.

If raul is good and have no need to further discuss the intended switch, there is a very valid comment by @Jeff Costello:
He said:
"For the record, I'm in favour of keeping both nominations in the tournament. As for "Three Days of Condor", there's plenty of time until the deadline. It would be premature and inconsiderate to rule out the nomination, when there's still a reasonble chance the participant will return. Another 2-3 weeks should pass before any official decision is made in regards to it."

Which is understandable and fair. I had originally had it set to give both Alex and Nestorio a chance to come back and continue.
With this latest scenario I considered cutting it short just to clear things up.

So, one final question (for now, anyway lol ) Shall we leave Condor and (if raul stays with Fantastic) Picture Show until the beginning of December as originally planned and everyone can either wait or watch one or both of them until we see, at that point, if either gentleman returns or simply remove them now?
What say you?

Shall we leave Condor and Picture Show until the beginning of December as originally planned and everyone can either wait or watch one or both of them until we see if either gentleman returns or simply remove them now?
What say you?
That's fine.