Kevin Spacey sexual advance accusations

Tools    

Allegedly.

With no evidence.

30 years ago.

A 14 year-old.

Barely molested.
So youd be ok if I picked up your 14 year old daughter, put her on a bed and laid my half naked bulk on top of her and made it clear I wanted the goods? As long as she managed to wriggle her way out from under me no harm no foul?

It would be completely different if there was evidence, it was recent, it was a more serious molestation, and he had been younger.
He already apologized for doing it. What kind of "evidence" do you need beyond the 'alleged' perpetrator saying hes sorry for doing it?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
So youd be ok if I picked up your 14 year old daughter, put her on a bed and laid my half naked bulk on top of her and made it clear I wanted the goods? As long as she managed to wriggle her way out from under me no harm no foul?

He already apologized for doing it. What kind of "evidence" do you need beyond the 'alleged' perpetrator saying hes sorry for doing it?
Yes not getting the comment about serious molestation. What does that even mean.

I told my mum when I was a kid I wanted to be an actress. She said the industry has a dreadful reputation and women are regarded as disposable slabs of meat. Same with kabuki which was changed to an all male ensemble because women werent being protected from theatre goers who turned up to use them as prostitutes.

yeah really the whole they didnt come forward until now makes them lying scumbags point is stupid

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I find it hard to believe that a fourteen-year-old being swooped up, carried to a bed, and laid down on top of briefly would cause serious trauma that lasted 30 years
does it being less traumatic make it any less immoral? if your answer is "no", then why even mention it?

Also, why was this fourteen-year-old alone at the end of a party at Kevin Spacey's home? Who was his chaperone? Why didn't he leave with everyone else?
why is knowing this impertinent to your argument? if it was discovered he was there due to negligence, does that somehow shift more blame off of Spacey? if your answer is "no", then why even mention it?

As far as we know, Kevin Spacey could be completely innocent. I don't know about his reputation otherwise, and the comments to the effect that it may not be an isolated incident.
people don't apologize for things they know they definitely didn't do.

You make a good point & it’s brave of you to post it here when the taste of blood is in the mouths of several.
Oh for goodness sake. No words.
LOL. Someone PM’d me that you’d be the first to respond in this way.

LOL. Someone PM’d me that you’d be the first to respond in this way.
That's nice, I'm thrilled for you. It's very disconcerting a woman would palm off sexual assault allegations but no surpises, against men or women. You are the sort of person who kept the cone of silence nurtured. Are you aware of this? How about minors in hollywood. Happened here as well with a well respected tv show dad thinking it was ok to fiddle with his child characters. Rofl harris, I believe, is still locked up singing like a canary

yeah reminds me of the concept of being "sort of pregnant".
sort of like when women go walking down the street pregnant and have random strangers run up to them for a grope of their belly. Happened to me back in the day and it's very confronting. Couldnt believe it when a man friend turned up for the weekend same day and tried it. Personal space please.

You are the sort of person who kept the cone of silence nurtured. Are you aware of this?
You know nothing about me.

The fact that alleged victims waited so long to speak out doesn't necessarily make them liars ,but it does tell a lot about their priorites and motivation behind their actions . After Weinstein incident, literally anyone can come out with an unsubstantiated story which could permanently tarnish someone's reputation and neither media nor general public is going to question it. It is really a sad state of affairs.

I didnt say I did. Have a nice weekend. Not sure where on earth that is coming from. You're not making sense other than that is your comeback reply lately.

and back to the issue.

Ohhh
The claim of sexual assault against Spacey came from a former House of Cards production assistant, who said that the actor had inappropriately touched him in a car during filming of one of the early seasons of the show. The assistant said he did not report the alleged incident to managers, but claimed to have earlier complained to a supervisor about other instances of harassment by Spacey.
And several complaints now surfacing of sexual misconduct on set. Not good.

The fact that alleged victims waited so long to speak out doesn't necessarily make them liars ,but it does tell a lot about their priorites and motivation behind their actions . After Weinstein incident, literally anyone can come out with an unsubstantiated story which could permanently tarnish someone's reputation and neither media nor general public is going to question it. It is really a sad state of affairs.
Good point.

I didnt say I did.
Actually, you did. When you start a sentence with You are the sort of person ..., it does give the impression that you actually do know something about that person.

The fact that alleged victims waited so long to speak out doesn't necessarily make them liars ,but it does tell a lot about their priorites and motivation behind their actions.
What does it tell us about their priorities or motivations, and why does it tell us that instead of, say, that they were ashamed or afraid?

Good point.

Actually, you did. When you start a sentence with You are the sort of person ..., it does give the impression that you actually do know something about that person.
I dont know anything about you other than you have cats. Try harder to contribute. It's exhausting.

My point exactly. You know nothing about me.
OK stirch. Have a nice weekend.

E V I D E N C E.

He already apologized for doing it.
No, he apologizes IF he did it. He has not confessed to doing it.

Look at this CNN headline:

Kevin Spacey apologizes for alleged sex assault with a minor

And look at what it actually says:

Originally Posted by CNN
Spacey tweeted: "I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago.
"But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior,
Quit believing the media's lies.

Kevin is bisexual or homosexual. I don't see much of a difference between those and pedophilia
Gay men's sexual organs have developed, prepubescent children's sexual organs haven't (which will lead to them being traumatized by a sexual encounter). That's a major difference in my opinion.

I don't know why you changed his gender. If a big shot actor my fourteen-year-old son was working with did that to him I would cofront him right away, not wait thirty years, and not go straight to the media without any evidence. Also, when did he become half-naked? That wasn't in any of the articles I read, including the account published by the victim.

Omnizoa already mentioned it, but I'll say it again. He said he was drunk that night and has no memory of it, and he apologized if he did it. That is not an admission of guilt.