New Post Record?

Tools    

Well, I think we may have set a new post record, with around 90 posts on 08-06-2001. I think the old record was 89, and I actually counted the posts by hand, so I probably messed up, but either way, it's right around the record. This was aided by Zeph's return partially. Just thought you guys would like to know.

Well, I'm virtually sure that today, August 27th, we've gotten something like 115 posts -- which is probably a record, although it may not be. Either way, there's about an hour and a half to go in the day anyway. Today has been a good day.

Yeah, I'm almost positive. Like 120+ posts...my counting can't be THAT far off. There have been other active days that I haven't counted, though, so this may or may not be a record. It's the highest number I've ever bothered to count through, though.

I don't believe that VB can't count daily posts itself. Even EZBoard can do that!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I noticed on SitePoint, and I was wondering if you will be able to do that on here, that it says when there is a record number of users online. Although there isn't many members on here at one time, I think it would be something interesting. You know from the world of useless information.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by OllieO
I don't believe that VB can't count daily posts itself. Even EZBoard can do that!
It can -- just not this version. When I upgrade, it'll be available.

Originally posted by spdrcr
I noticed on SitePoint, and I was wondering if you will be able to do that on here, that it says when there is a record number of users online. Although there isn't many members on here at one time, I think it would be something interesting. You know from the world of useless information.
See above. Just about everything that's been requested should be in the new version, with some exceptions.

Guy
maybe you should make a program that counts the posts for you, LOL

TWT, does my name change from Wacko to somethin else when I reach 700 posts? I am no.5 on the alltime list!!! i have even passed Steve!

DAM! and I hope I dont use too much bandwith!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Will you have the same options as SitePoint does. Like when you make so many posts you get a little personalized message intead of MovieForums wacko

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Nope...the next level is at 1,000. I think I'm going to re-configure the user titles to compensate for the site's recent growth soon, though.
Nobody has reached the 1,000 post title yet (since only two people have over 1,000 posts and neither are just regular members).

I wonder who will get there first (granted, I'm currently third, but my posts per day is far lower than some close behind me in the post count).

Hummmmm, I wonder who will get there first ..

I'd just like to inform you all that you're dead in the water. I'm getting those 1000 posts.