Funniest Scenes and Films

Tools    

del
Lets hear of your favourite funny scenes, and films.

"The Smile on the Auto Pilots face in Airplane 1 or was it 2 when he is being inflated."

- The projector room scene in Ace Ventura 2.
- Every scene in Raising Arizona.
- The scene in The Muse where Albert Brooks is talking to the guy who can't understand him.

Funniest ever:
- The Mirror Scene in Duck Soup.

I can pretend that things last.
Many are there,i will name a few.
  • All the scenes in the Marx Brothers.
    -The mirror scene in Duck Soup
    -The contract,breakfast ordering and the last scene in the Night at the Opera
    -The ice-cream scene in Day at the Races
    -The auction and 'viaduct' scene in Cocoanuts
    -The opening and speech scenes in Animal Crackers
  • Mr.Bean,in the bathroom scene.
  • Many in Silent Movie by Mel Brooks.

Arrrgghhhh...there a lots more..just cant think of them now.Will post more later.

Cheers
Aditya

Groucho:One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas.How it got in I dont know.

One of the funniest scenes I've ever seen was in "Defending Your Life" when Albert Brooks goes into the reincarnation theater (sort of like an interactive attraction at Epcot Center or Disney World) and views the kinds of people he's been in his past lives. The attraction was introduced by Shirley McLane. Very funny. I thought the whole movie was very funny and underrated.

Modern classic moments:

The closing scene to Dumb and Dumber. "You'll have to forgive my friend. He's a little slow. The town is that way".

The hair (and pretty much Bill Murray's entire performance) in Kingpin.

The cop scene in There's Something About Mary.

And the scene in Galaxy Quest where the Trekkie fan has to run out with the garbage.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
The entire 'Misbehaviors' scene in Four Rooms is hilarious. Especially right when the father walks in. Pure hilarity!

American Pie when the guy is trying to go to the bathroom is pretty funny.

I know theres more, but I can't think of them now.

The Four Rooms one has got to be one of my favorites.

MovieForums Extra
Yep, American Pie when "**** Brick" is trying to go to the toliet is a classic!

As is the toilet scene in "Dumb and Dumber" when he drinks all the laxatives and colgs the toilet

You would probably say that I am a big fan of fart jokes!

Well it has to be when Peter Sellars was in the lifts with 4 others and and he drops one

Zeph, I think that guy's nickname is "**** BREAK", not "brick".

I just watched Road Trip - that has some funny ones. Pretty much any of Tom Green's scenes ("Have you come to watch the feeding?") are good, as is the bit where they go to the Frat house, blag their way in, only to discover that it's a black fraternity! LOL!

I also watched Tommy Boy recently - I love the bit at the end when Tommy is talking to the workers and telling them how much they all mean to him. Excuse the incorrect names and paraphrasing.

"Jim, I lost my virginity to your daughter! (Points to someone else) Steve, you were there!"

Female assassin extraordinaire.
hmm, yes, Tom Green amuses me. the way he says things so seriously and quietly but what he's saying is sheer lunacy. just saw Freddie Got Fingered ... i kept dying on the trailers, "Daddie would you like some sausage? Sausage? Sausage?" something about the off-key notes he's hitting, the bouncing sausage, the singing ...

and an old fav, Ace Ventura 1, when he flings himself against the wall as if a misstep would send him plummeting to his death and the camera's tight so you don't realize he's only an inch off the ground. i saw it in the movie theater and had a heart attack laughing when the camera pulled out and revealed the trick.

Silence of the Hams, when Billy Zane is making his way through the downstairs area to see the serial killer and he gets freaked and screams - he tosses himself really high up against a wall, it's hilarious. Same movie - there's some moment where he's in a car with some people leaning out the sides, a weird little fantasy cut, where he's wearing a floofy afro, and says, "Won't you take me to funky town?" with complete seriousness through a megaphone.

Funniest I've seen recently was in the Beverly Hillbilies where they tie granny's chair, whith granny in it, up on top of the truck, drive under a low branch and shout, "watch out granny!"

I don't know if any of you have seen Brain Donors, but it sounds like you are big Marx Bros. fans so I suggest you check it out... I don't think I have ever laughed that hard at a movie in my life. We woke my wife up at 3am we were laughing so hard. The best overall scene has to be when they are hunting the duck in the middle of Swan Lake.

Funnies scene EVER-----The Courtroom scene in "What's Up, Doc?"

Can't get much funnier than that.

Well...I have read some of the previous posts and some of you picked a favorite of mine and that is the toilet/laxative scene with Jeff Daniels in "Dumb and Dumber." I have seen that movie sooo many times and still laugh out loud at that scene. Another favorite of mine is Joe Pesci's scene in "My Cousin Vinny", where he completely slips in the mud and lands right on his back and then has to show up in court in that tuxedo. That is another very laughable scene.
[Edited by Raven on 06-29-2001]

First scene to come to my mind was when Happy Gilmore and Bob Barker went at it on the golf course.

"The price is WRONG, Bob!"

Originally posted by Matt
First scene to come to my mind was when Happy Gilmore and Bob Barker went at it on the golf course.

"The price is WRONG, Bob!"
Welllll...he doesn't exactly say "Bob", but yes, that's hillarious. Great movie: I didn't watch Adam Sandler movies until then.

I think one of the funniest lines I've ever heard in a movie is in Clueless (SPOILER if you haven't seen it):

Girl to Tennis Coach: "My plastic surgeon said I can't do any activity where balls fly at my nose."

Dionne: "Well there goes your social life"