So where are we all from?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I was born in Tennessee, because we were visiting a lot of my mother's family. We lived in Florida, although we spent one year in North Carolina, for my father's job. He died when I was eight. Then, when I was twelve, we moved back to my mother's hometown in Tennessee. She was the oldest of ten. The bulk of the family was still there, so she decided to go back. The End!

irish catholic, Destiny?

I'm one of 10, but not from Tennessee.

irish catholic, Destiny?

I'm one of 10, but not from Tennessee.
I have lots of German in me, from both sides of the family, but more-so from my mother's. Grandfather Koontz. I also have either Scottish or Irish in me, but I forever forget which one, no offense. I believe it's a very small amount, anyways. As far as my religion goes, I'm a Lutheran.

No offence taken. I was just going to throw in the joke about someone obviously didn't have a tv. My parents had a tv. They just liked something a bit more physical and kept forgetting the rhythm method encouraged by the then Pope. Woooo. Thank the lord or I wouldn't have been born.

I'm from Eastern Maryland... Yeah...

I was born in Lithuania. I have lived in Cambridgeshire, England for 8 months; Dorset, England for 2 years; Lower Saxony, Germany for 5 months and London, England for 4 years. I'm in Lithuania currently.
Nice! I'm part Lithuanian, always wanted to visit there, along with all my other ancestral homelands.

Born in Virginia, moved to California as an infant, then back east to Maryland when I was five. Have lived most of my life here in Howard County, Maryland, in the towns Columbia and Ellicott City. As an adult I have also lived for stretches in San Francisco, CA and Portland, OR.

ATTACHMENT 28880 NOT FOUND

Columbia, MD was sort of famous in its heyday, the late '60s and through the '70s, as a planned community, designed by James Rouse, who is the grandfather of actor Edward Norton. Norton grew up here (we never crossed paths), as did Pulitzer Prize winning author Michael Chabon (Wonder Boys, The Adventures of Cavalier & Clay), artist/writer Aaron McGruder (The Boondocks), and musician Dave Sitek (TV on the Radio). I have met Chabon a couple times and even had lunch with him once, through one of my Portland friends actually (and we had lunch in San Diego at ComicCon). Though I didn't know Edward Norton or Aaron McGruder I did know David Sitek. Our brothers were friends and he and I spent a couple summers working together at a stage theater, though I haven't spoken to him since the 1990s. If any of you are bug TV on the Radio fans, I can share a pic of Sitek and me as skinny teenagers goofing around the theatre.

Here is an essay Chabon wrote back in 2001 about how Columbia captured his imagination as a kid.

https://fmarcial.wordpress.com/2009/...n-columbia-md/

And here is a very 1970s educational film about my town. They start talking about Columbia at about the 9:35 mark. You can see the suburban utopia I grew up in. I live in Columbia, now. It has certainly expanded and changed over the decades, but the core elements of the original planned community are still around.

I visited Columbia the past 3 years to go to Warped Tour!

I live a few towns from where country singer Brad Paisley was born and raised, everytime you enter the town their welcome sign has "HOME OF BRAD PAISLEY" on it and I think that is their only way to get tourists lol. JJ Abrams' film Super 8 was filmed near me as well and a bunch of people I went to school with were extras in the movie. Present day me would of killed to get on that set to meet JJ and that cast but 10th grade me didn't have acting on his radar so I didn't try. The film itself wasn't all that great. Had some fun scenes but nothing groundbreaking.

That's about as interesting as the area I live around gets.

My town is known for our prisons (technically there are two of them, a state prison and a "medical facility.")
Which are you posting from?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Long Island, New York

Or as we call it, Lon Guylin, New Yawk.

Hi neighbor.

I'm on Long Island too. I'm right on the Queens/Nassau border, up near New Hyde Park, but I'm sometimes in the Westbury/East Meadow area on the weekends.

Where are you?

Hi neighbor.

I'm on Long Island too. I'm right on the Queens/Nassau border, up near New Hyde Park, but I'm sometimes in the Westbury/East Meadow area on the weekends.

Where are you?
I grew up in Suffolk on the south Shore. But now I live in Westchester (the BEST chester!)

I grew up in Suffolk on the south Shore. But now I live in Westchester (the BEST chester!)

Hubby and I used to go up to Dave & Buster's in Nyack, but they finally opened one here on the island, so we haven't been up that way in a while. We also used to stop at Stew Leonard's supermarket on the way sometimes, but we finally got one of those too.

It takes a while, but eventually the good stuff comes here. We're finally getting a Sonic Drive-In in East Meadow and a Golden Corral in Levittown. They're not open yet, but the signs are up that they're "coming soon".

Now all we need is a Cici's Pizza, and we'll have all the places that Hubby and I used to visit out of the area.

Hubby and I used to go up to Dave & Buster's in Nyack, but they finally opened one here on the island, so we haven't been up that way in a while. We also used to stop at Stew Leonard's supermarket on the way sometimes, but we finally got one of those too.

It takes a while, but eventually the good stuff comes here. We're finally getting a Sonic Drive-In in East Meadow and a Golden Corral in Levittown. They're not open yet, but the signs are up that they're "coming soon".

Now all we need is a Cici's Pizza, and we'll have all the places that Hubby and I used to visit out of the area.
And then you will be sick of them because you will realize the food sucks. Meanwhile I wish we had a decent deli to get a simple yet delicious turkey sandwich for lunch.

And then you will be sick of them because you will realize the food sucks. Meanwhile I wish we had a decent deli to get a simple yet delicious turkey sandwich for lunch.

I've been to all those restaurants out of state, and I love them. We've been requesting them through their websites for a long time, and it looks like it's finally working.

Deli sandwiches around here are available everywhere. You can't walk a block or two without passing a good deli.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I work in Toronto at PS Production Services. Just off Cherry Street, near Pinewoods Studios. In the Portlands.

Oh, in case anyone reading this is anywhere near Pittsburgh, or even will be, lunch is on me. Standing offer for any MoFo who's ever in the area.
Jokes on you, I eat lunch at...

*looks up expensive restaurants in Pittsburgh*

....The Capital Grille.

Yeah....

Suspect's Reviews

Deli sandwiches around here are available everywhere. You can't walk a block or two without passing a good deli.
I know that's why I said it.

Golden Corral is still fine for me. I hate Sonic besides there drink selection. CiCi's, seriously? You live in NY. The only good thing about CiCi's is the price, so my boys do get it about once a month.

English but now live in Wales

I work in Toronto at PS Production Services. .
Oh. Did you have anything to do with Hannibal the show? That was shot in Toronto.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Not directly but they did sub rentals from us. Our main tv shows are Suits, Murdoch Mysteries, Degrassi, Hemlock Grove, The Expanse, upcoming Star Trek Discovery, Master Chef, Worst Driver and a bunch more.

Not directly but they did sub rentals from us.

I am now your slave. Probably my favourite show if push came to shove. I was OBSESSED. funny story - I was beside myself for season 2 after a hellish hiatus just waiting for it. Counting down the minutes to kick off. Chatting to the fannibals on the board and one of the producers who kept saying Oh Dani; just you wait. Clock ticking. My hair curling in anticipation. Almost crying. Then BOOM. The local energy substation went down due to a heatwave.

What. The????

I needed sedation.