Cricket's Top 100 of the Decade so Far

→ in
Tools    

Grats on finishing the list crick

Thoroughly enjoyed American Hustle; not seen Warrior but it keeps being praised so probably will one day; I like The Town, really ought to give it a rewatch soon; I don't rate Kill List as highly as you do but it's a decent enough experience; Killer Joe is one I like but no more but then I've only seen it once so there's room for growth of appreciation.

A nice eclectic mix that most definitely reflects your viewing proclivities!!!

Care for some gopher?
Those are the ones i've seen (marked my approval):

5. American Hustle (2013)
7. Mommy (2014)
8. The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
11. A Seperation (2011)
13. The Revenant (2015)
14. Drive (2011)
16. Nightcrawler (2014)
18. Django Unchained (2012)
21. Prisoners (2013)
23. Gone Girl (2014)

27. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
31. How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
32. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
37. Shame (2011)
40. Rango (2011)

47. Interstellar (2014))
48. Chronicle (2012)
49. Horrible Bosses (2011)
50. Ex-Machina (2015)
54. Piranha 3D (2010)

56. Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
64. Kidnapped (2010)
65. Take Shelter (2011)
67. The Place Beyond the Pines (2012)
68. Wreck-It Ralph (2012)

70. Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
73. The Social Network (2010)

76. Her (2013)
78. Nurse 3D (2013)
81. The Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
84. Seven Days (2010) - needs a rewatch
89. Drive Angry (2011)
98. Machete (2010) - needs a rewatch

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I've seen 47 of these, 12 are on my watch list. Thanks for a few suggestions, #1 MoFo. I like your taste in movies. Only 2 I hated (Her, Boyhood).

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Oh yeah I forgot to say congratulations on finishing the list. It was a good read and has given me a few films to maybe check out at some point.

I'll go and add it the master list right now

Great list. I have many films to see.

I don't know if anybody else here is an MMA fan, but would actual MMA fans advise me to see Warrior? I tend to avoid sports films about my favorite sports, because I don't usually like them. My least favorite film is a film about my favorite sport.
I would, not for the actual MMA parts but the performances. As Cricket said it's pretty cliche but the performances are very good which makes it pretty powerful, there isn't actually that much fights and the majority of them are directly tied to the story and/or emotion. Cricket is right it's not about the fighting but family.

So yeah i like Warrior, don't completely love it but i understand why you do. I do love Nick Nolte's performance however; one of my favourites of the decade. Wolf of Wall Street would have probably made my top five the first time, it went down quite a bit the second though, still really like it and it would make my list just not that high anymore. Really glad you like Mommy that much as i said in Rate The Last Move, my favourite of 2014. Not a fan of American Hustle or David O Russell really like Gunslinger. Kill List didn't work for me much, i don't know why though want to see it again. Killer Joe is great, such a nasty yet funny in the darkest way possible pretty much film. Not seen I Saw The Devil, The Town or even heard of Bellflower.

Congrats on finishing your list . Was great to follow, you should do them more often.

Nice job with the list, cricket. Quite an unorthodox collection of films. I've seen 71 of them. There are quite a few that I found average/forgettable, but very few films from your list that I outright disliked. There's also a lot of films on here that I'd rank high on my own version of this list.

I Saw the Devil would probably be in my top five. It's one of the best, most exciting and brutal revenge thrillers I've seen, as well as my favorite South Korean export (unless @Gatsby counts). The Wolf of Wall Street, Drive, The Revenant, Django Unchained, X-Men: First Class, Prisoners, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Nightcrawler, How to Train Your Dragon, American Hustle, Joe, The Hateful Eight and a few others from your list are also films I'd rank high among my favorites of the decade. Killer Joe is a fitting number one. I don't love it quite as much as you do, but it is great, trashy fun and surprisingly well-written. I feel a little aroused now any time I see a bucket of fried chicken.

Bellflower might be the most surprising entry given how high you ranked it. I know nothing about it, never hear it discussed, but I'm very curious to see it now. Blue Ruin, Tyrannosaur, Boyhood, Mommy, Cheap Thrills and Red, White and Blue are films I keep meaning to watch but just haven't gotten around to yet. You've also got me wanting to give The Town another shot since I was pretty underwhelmed with it on my first viewing.

As for personal favorites from the decade that didn't make an appearance on your list, Black Swan, The Master, Before Midnight, Mud, Gravity, The Raid 2, The Hunt, Spring Breakers, Mad Max: Fury Road, Animal Kingdom, Kick-Ass and Blue is the Warmest Color are among the first to spring to mind.

I'm excited for your Most Disturbing List. After all, that's your area of expertise, you f*cking sicko.