Game > movie = loss of imagination+creativity

Tools    

I have been wondering these past years about why is it when games are made movies, they tend to, how should I say? SUCK! I was wondering if any of you fellow members of the movie forums can say about that. Why?

I think they are not really game playing types and fail to transfer the games touch and excitement onto screen. You can't really play Tomb Raider in your underwear when you are not controlling the action!

MovieForums Extra
It's the general idea... game into movie is a bad combination. You're right, I haven't seen a single good game-movie conversion! It just looses all the charm of playing the game, being in control of the action and feeling like you're in charge...

I will bet that in the movie Resident Evil they left out the important part that made it enjoyable. Have you played resident evil?

MovieForums Extra
Actually, I thought of a good game movie... Final Fantasy It had excellent sfx's and music...

Tomb Raider was suppose to be english!
You know who they are like. Instead they get some american with with Oh its horrriiibbllleee etc

I think people make bad video game movies because they try tochange something from the video game to the movie, which never works.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

lol the first time i saw Mario Bros when i was a kid i loved it
same with Toxic avengers which was a harilous b movie.

recent titles such as mortal kombat wasnt so bad but part2 hurt to watch

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Video Games into movies are almost always horrible, but as long as stupid people keep seing crap like Tomb Raider, which made way too much money in proportion to it's overall crappiness, they will make them.

Resident Evil was not all that bad, but it wasn't Dawn of The Dead, either. Milla Jojovich is basically why I saw it, and she's pretty good in it. I loved her in The Fifth Element, which is a much better movie, but a crappy video game.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

First of all, final fantasy was terrible. It was nothing more than 2-hour tech demo. Everything else about it sucked. Second video games can be made into great movies. They just picked the wrong games. What moron decided mortal combat had the best story or characters. Tomb raider was gimmicky even for a video game. The real games that should be made into movies are the ones that rely on story. Games like Zelda, halo, half life, castlevania, metroid, conker's bad fur day, and shenmue (which actually was made into a movie but it doesn't count because it was just scenes from the game spliced together to form a movie) the problem is there only making trash. Some good trash like tomb raider and some bad trash like super mario brothers. They pick games based on potential for action and sex (and $$$$ not that there's anything wrong with that) but the point is they can make good video game based movies, they have just been going about it the wrong way. That's why we'll be seeing crazy taxi, dead or alive, and grand theft auto the movie. Well that's enough ranting for now.

you cant even say the final fantasy movie is a movie from a game, id say it was a movie with a games name to make it look/sound better than it is. does that movie have any relevance with the fanal fantasy game series?

thats what I said. but then again none of the final fantasy games have anything to do with each other. so this is just a movie from the same guys as the games. and it was about as much fun to watch as the games

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
it's simple:

games are meant to be played, movies are meant to be watched.

when a game such as pokemon is made into a cartoon series or movie that's only to cash in on it's popularity, milk as much money as they can, and if they get the money, then that's good business.

to be hoenst i don't think they give a **** how good the movie is as long as it makes a respectable amount, and that's when the marketing team comes in with the hype...

besides, with games, you get about 15 minutes story line (some more some less) with the rest consisting mainly of repetitive action increasing in difficulty as you progress, how fun would that be to watch. uhm.