What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Definitely a classic!
I tend to forget that I saw that on the big screen . It's great that they set it at Christmas too, tying in with the Penguin's underground world, and it made it visually different enough to Batman to be fresh.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Bought 5 at the flea market to fill out my sci Fi collection I should have already owned them, btw the flea market is a great place to buy dvds 😃

District 9
The island
Children of men
The day the earth stood still

Being John malcavich

I've seen all of them b4

$13.81 pre-watched from Red Box.

And here's another one:

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

I bought this on DVD last week because I had gotten a chance to see this via an online screener for review and really liked it.

Hello All, I'm an affordable windscreen new here from India. This is so untouchable and looking forward to this group.
@Yoda, looks like a company selling.

Was it not 'affordable wind' they were attempting to sell?
We're having cauliflower cheese tonight so I'll freely admit I only gave it the briefest of brief glances earlier though.

You don’t want a windscreen from New Zealand?
A window on New Zealand would be nice .

I've been going through a yakuza movie deep dive recently. The problem with going through this genre is that alot of movies never got a DVD/streaming release in the states. This has led me to patronize sites that I assume are peddling bootlegs, but if you want to do a serious retrospective of the yakuza genre, the few yakuza films that the Criterion Collection decided to pick up and the few Kinji Fukasaku movies streaming on prime are not enough. I actually found out soon after I purchased Yakuza Law: Lynching! that it's receiving an Arrow Video (who is doing the Lord's work) DVD/Blu-Ray release at the end of May.

Yakuza Law: Lynching! (1969)

Code of Wolves (1974)

Bloodstained Gang Honor (1970)

Outlaw Killers (1972)

Prison Boss (1968)

Japan Organized Crime Boss (1969)

I ordered a boxset of Doris Day movies on ebay for my mum for mother's day, they were shipped over from the states, when mum tried them in her player they weren't compatible. Lol!

I ordered a boxset of Doris Day movies on ebay for my mum for mother's day, they were shipped over from the states, when mum tried them in her player they weren't compatible. Lol!
Different countries have different zones. European movies don’t play in American DVD players & now you know American ones don’t play wherever you live.

Buy your mother a multi-zone DVD player (not expensive) & she can play any dvd from around the world.

Different countries have different zones. European movies don’t play in American DVD players & now you know American ones don’t play wherever you live.

Buy your mother a multi-zone DVD player (not expensive) & she can play any dvd from around the world.
Thanks,i didn't know this as it's the first time I've ordered DVDs online. My friend,who is a photographer, said he will try and transfer them onto VHS tape as mum has a machine that plays both DVDs and VHS tapes.
Failing this then I'll go with your suggestion!

I kept using the word “zones” when I meant “regions”, but the explanation is still the same.

My multi-region DVD player cost $40 & is the best thing I ever bought as I still buy DVDs from England.

Your mother could also play the DVDs on a computer & opt for the region she needs. A computer lets you do this a few times.