"Getting To Know You" Song Tournament

Tools    

...But I want to make sure that everyone's okay with that suggestion too, because even though I wouldn't have direct access to who nominated what, I still have access to Hubby, and his computer. I wouldn't use it, but I think everyone should be okay with him collecting the noms...
Thank you for considering how we feel and asking us, I appreciate it. I trust you to be fair and ethical. Hubby is OK with me too.

Can we add a hint or a note with our song title. Let's say I choose the song 'Rocky Mountain High' and add a note "but not the part about getting high". That way I'm saying the song could be about me but not the getting high part. Does that make sense?

I'd like to participate but in the process of getting a new internet provider and no internet access at home. Might have to miss out but I'm curious to see what everyone nominates and will check in from time to time.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I edited the first post to add a list of the people who have joined. Some people didn't say specifically whether you're joining or not, but if your post sounded like you're joining, then you're on the list.

If you're on the list, but you don't want to join, please let me know.

If you want to join, but you're not on the list yet, please let me know.

Can we add a hint or a note with our song title. Let's say I choose the song 'Rocky Mountain High' and add a note "but not the part about getting high". That way I'm saying the song could be about me but not the getting high part. Does that make sense?

Yes, you can add a short note, as long as it's not too long.

I'd like to participate but in the process of getting a new internet provider and no internet access at home. Might have to miss out but I'm curious to see what everyone nominates and will check in from time to time.

We're not starting until some time next week, so if you change your mind and you want to join, please let me know.

I vote NO on the notes. If you feel the need to explain your song, admit it's yours during the tournament and then explain yourself.

At least GB is very democratic about her ideas for what should go on in the tournament... unlike some other lady.

I vote NO on the notes. If you feel the need to explain your song, admit it's yours during the tournament and then explain yourself.

I don't see any problem with a short note, as long as it's not so long that it makes it hard to keep it with the nomination as we go through the tournament.

I don't see any problem with a short note, as long as it's not so long that it makes it hard to keep it with the nomination as we go through the tournament.
I just think it will clog the brackets and -- as I said, the songs are supposed to be guessed on and then revealed. So what if a song seems unlike you? Keep it more mysterious that way -- a note takes away from the mystery.

If you need to explain, reveal you nominated it and then explain away.

I just wanna post my songs!!!! I can't decide on anything. I have to post my songs on here in order to finalize.

Can I be someone who posts their songs? You can say it's part of my .... personality that has to be different from the norm.

I just think it will clog the brackets and -- as I said, the songs are supposed to be guessed on and then revealed. So what if a song seems unlike you? Keep it more mysterious that way -- a note takes away from the mystery.

If you need to explain, reveal you nominated it and then explain away.

That why I said it should be a short note, and I don't expect there to be a lot of notes. If I understood the question correctly, the idea isn't to write a little novel and explain yourself. It's just to give kind of a "heads up" about some minor inconsistency.

Let's see what some other people think about allowing the notes. If we have enough people with opinions about them, we can make a more democratic decision.

I just wanna post my songs!!!! I can't decide on anything. I have to post my songs on here in order to finalize.

Can I be someone who posts their songs? You can say it's part of my .... personality that has to be different from the norm.

Please don't post your songs now. It would kind of ruin the whole suspense/surprise part of the tournament.

The text editor idea didn't work for you? You still have about a week before you'll need a final list.

How about if you send your noms in a PM to Dorothy Michaels?