link the movies

Tools    

Hey, wadda ya' know, somebody got one. Murray and Quaid also co-starred in Kingpin as well as Quick Change, and MacDowell and Pullman co-starred in The End of Innocence.

OK, Spuds, give us two more movies to link!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hmmm...

Hoosiers to Basic Instinct...

This should be a very easy one
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

It is very easy indeed:

Hoosiers' Gene Hackman co-starred in Sam Raimi's misfire The Quick & the Dead with Basic Instinct's Sharon Stone.

How's about Network to The Truman Show....

Hmmm...

Network - Ned Beatty - Deliverance - Burt Reynolds - Boogie Nights - John C Reilly - The River Wild - Kevin Bacon - Apollo 13 - Ed Harris - The Truman Show.

Booyakasha!

Shrek and O Brother Where Art Thou?

That's a long solution, but it works. As for yours...

Shrek's Princess Cameron Diaz starred in Danny Boyle's horrible [color=dark red]A Life Less Ordinary[/color] where O Brother's Holly Hunter was an Angel.

Next: Monsters Inc. to Young Frankenstein
*there is at least one single movie that links two of the stars

According to Electrosphere's first post in setting up this game, no, only actors. You can play this game using anyone involved in a film's production, but we're just sticking to those in front of the camera. Since most people couldn't name three cinematographers or a dozen directors, that makes it easier for everybody to play.

Now With Moveable Parts
What movie are you thinking of Holden? You've got me stumped.

Let It Ride (1989), starring Richard Dreyfuss, Teri Garr, David Johansen, Jennifer Tilly, Michelle Phillips, and Robbie Coltrane. Funny movie, and I was one of probably thirty-seven people total to actually see it in the theater.

Garr was of course the lovely assisstant Inga in Young Frankenstein, and Tilly is the voice of Celia in Monsters Inc..

Wanna try another one? How about...

Forrest Gump to Snow Falling on Cedars

Now With Moveable Parts
Damn...missed Snow Falling on Cedars...looked lame.

Loved Snow Falling On Cedars, which surprised the Hell out of me since I couldn't force myself to get through the novel and I'm generally NOT an Ethan Hawke fan. But I enjoyed that movie immensely. Even if you didn't get involved in the story at all (which I thought was very well done and quite compelling), the cinematography really should have won the Oscar that year. It was breathtaking, especially on the big screen.

Anyway, you need not have actually SEEN the movies to link 'em. I mean look, I just told you at least one of the actors featured in Snow Falling On Cedars: Ethan Hawke. If you don't know any others in the cast, go from Hawke to somebody in Forrest Gump.

This ain't exactly Calculus, Y'all.

Forrest Gump - Tom Hanks - Bonfire of the Vanities - Bruce Willis - Pulp Fiction - Uma Thurman - Gattaca - Ethan Hawke - Snow Falling on Cedars.

Booyakasha!

Try The Godfather and The Shawshank Redemption.

The Godfather -> Diane Keaton -> Father of the Bride -> Steve Martin -> Bowfinger -> Heather Graham -> Austin Powers 2 -> Tim Robbins -> The Shawshank Redemption.

I had one, but the server was having all kinds of problems and I couldn't reply...

The Godfather's Sterling Hayden was in John Huston's The Asphalt Jungle with James Whitmore of The Shawshank Redemption.

Give us another pair of flicks, Commish!

Yeah, I think I posted mine shortly before the whole thing went crazy...second time within the last week, I think. Ugh! Great pairing, Holden...much better than mine...mine are always more modern and lengthy...but it's a great feeling to get one anyway...

Sorry, forgot to list mine...try this (shouldn't be too tough):

"The Santa Clause" to "Married to the Mob."