Any ideas for increasing the Traffic?

Tools    

I searched long and hard for a movie forum. Either the site's design was terrible or there were too many/ too few people posting. I was glad when I found this place. Site is attractive, the poster count seemed high but not too high. Perfect. But the fact is traffic is very slow here.

Don't get me wrong, I love the site but it's a pain when there's only half a dozen posts a day. I'm just wondering is there any way to increase the traffic without bringing a whole load of jokers into the site. Surely there is a new film topic to talk about every day. I think everybody should try to post a new topic, no matter how inane it is, every other day and possibly reply to a few others.

It would liven the place up a bit. The party isn't dead yet!

MovieForums Extra
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! I was/still am like that, but recently I've been short on time...I was posting about 8-10 posts every day, a lot of 'em new ones. I'll get back into it as soon as I find some time!

Ok, I just posted twice! I contribute. Now I must eat.

spam up ezboard ad forums, get some affiliates, advertise on chat channels, join top site lists.

MovieForums Extra
Nah, definitely DON'T join a top site list, it'll just send a lot of crap (hope I can use the word ) traffic this way, and possibly some rude and boring members anyway! I would disagree about all the spamming as well, it'd give the board a bad image, but probably make a few ads and make a deal with other web sites...etc.

Free nachos!!

when u have a site up and my new site gets going more, we can affiliate?

now that's how ya do a shameless plug!

Sorry I didn't see this earlier - my bad! I appreciate the enthusiasm electrosphere. Right now I'm busy with my job, freelancing, school, and various other committments.

However, within a few months, I hope to start posting some content, as well as organize all of the "regulars" here into a group to discuss different matters and improve the boards - this will be combined with a major upgrade of forum software, so it should all come out with one big BANG.

Other than that, all I can say is to tell your friends for now!

yeh i have the same problems, coursework, politcial assassinations, bombs, alcohol smuggling, what's a modern boy to do?

MovieForums Extra
I know what you mean, life just isn't the same as it used to be these days... !!! I mean with all the target practice, weapons smuggling etc. it's a wonder you even have time to watch a movie and post here!

I think that part of the blame must rest with these couple of threads that are very long. If I'm away for a couple of days, I simply can't be bothered to read it all the way through. Shorter threads are much more likely to encourage posting (this is just as suitable for the thread about lurking and posting, I suppose).

Long threads are good. especially for sewing the holes in my pants.

Other suggestyons:

A free 2 floor apartment with stuning views and privit solarium.
Free singing vodka bottles. The more you emty it, the louder it sings.
Free teakettles