Nominate the worst Actor of all time

Tools    

LOL TIMING, yeah Tom Hanks is all over the place & the only role he can play is comedic. Just because he has TRIED to play different roles in no way suggests he succeeded. I admit he tries to be diverse but always falls flat on his face. If there was ever an Academy award winner for effort, Ooh there is, everyone that Hanks has won in acting. Almost like the most improved award except its given by the academy to Hanks.

Anyway thanks for keeping the ball rolling TIMING.

Yeah... Philadelphia was such a funny movie too.

No Philedelphia wasnt MEANT to be funny, but Hanks's performance was laughable, at least he looked ridiculous to me. Daniel Day Lewis is one of many actors who would have been far more believable in Philedelphia.
Hanks was funny in THE BURBS, I still get a laugh out of old episodes of FAMILY TIES with him in them as well. As I said good comedian & one of my worst 5 Actors of all time list.

I can't believe someone can say Tom Hanks is a bad actor and be serious about it. I think Hanks has every acting talent there is...his range is amazing. Every actor has a film or two that bomb, but I don't think there is an actor out there who chooses his projects as well as Hanks.

Leonardo Di-CRAP-io is a whole different story. I liked Titanic for the special effects, but all of the acting really stunk. Not just Leo, but the entire cast...kind of depressing really since I enjoy Bill Paxton's work.

I don't think I'll ever understand Kevin Costner. To do really good work like Dances With Wolves, Revenge, and No Way Out and then the worst movie ever made with Waterworld still baffles me.

Travolta must be in a slump with Battlefield Earth and Lucky Numbers and then agree to do Battlefield 2.

Nic Cage I still like. The Family Man was a good romantic turn for him and he's decent with action flicks like The Rock. The Oscar for Leaving Las Vegas was well deserved. I'm kind of biased though...I've liked him ever since Raising Arizona.

Harrison Ford had me worried for awhile with Random Hearts and Six Days Seven Nights, but he rebounded admirably with What Lies Beneath. Taking on that film with the way it ended was a stroke of genius and completely unexpected.

Overall I can't think of any actors that I dislike because even if I don't like one particular film, I can always think of 5 others that were excellent. But of course there is always one exception to every rule. So, here's my personal plea to Leo to retire.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Dylan McDermott
David Duchovny
Chuck Norris

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I think Tom Hanks is a good actor. Worst actor ever is Shaq! Its a no brainer.

Oh well each to their own, you all really believe Hanks is in the moment onscreen ha? This is the first site Ive been to that has such vocal support for the poor mans Spencer Tracy(Hanks), then again this site shares a lot of mainstream views. Its all good though, means more people for me to try & convert (LOL). Probably destined to failure....

Anyway some more of the worst actors of all time are:

Martin Lawrence ( sometimes amusing, but this boy cant act)

Matthew Perry & David Schwimmer(actors??)

Frank Stallone (Anyone see his version of Agatha Christies Ten Little Indians? Scary stuff, not in a good way)

It seems we are here to list the obvious ones. I always find it more fun to pick on actors that actually think they can act(Hanks), when in fact they just look out of place.

What Im trying to say is that all the actors listed on this thread by others are aware of their limitations, hence they are just bad actors. To be the WORST you really have to excel in dragging pictures down, which Jackie Chan or Chuck Norris for instance never do, there films deliver what they promise, even if the promise isnt much.

Ben Affleck. My big toe is a better actor.

William Shatner. Biggest ham in the universe. Even bigger than those man-eating boars in HANNIBAL. (Great movie, btw.)

Kevin Costner. Makes Ben Affleck look like John Gielgud.

On the controversial Tom Hanks (controversial on this forum anyway), he is a pleasant actor. Pleasant & harmless, like a Chiquita banana. He is not a bad actor, he is merely over-rated by the Academy. The expressiveness of his chin stubble must really floor them.

David Arquette gets my vote for lousiest actor. He's an insult to the film industry. He can't act. He can't even do martial arts. I like Jackie Chan who can't act. But he entertains me with his out-of-this-world stunts. Arquette HAS NO TALENT WHATSOVER!

my vote goes to Adam Sandler, i dont think i've really enjoyed any of his films except for 1, The Waterboy i found boring and tedious, The Wedding Singer i found dull, except for Steve Buscemi's character, Big Daddy was poor , and Little Nicky was a huge let down for what it had been hyped up to be.

The only film i could honestly say i enjoyed that he led, was Happy Gilmore which in parts was hillarious.

I've read somewhere about his films all doing poorley over here in Britain compered to his huge succes in the US, so perhaps its my british sense of humour. Any way i think he is one of the most over-rated actors today.

I think we should be fair and nominate some male actors too.

Forest Whitaker, get a spine, stop being so sad all the time! Ugh!

Nicholas Cage is starting to go too. Sure he's cool, but somewhere along the way he started giving up acting for shouting.
When I saw this for some reason Kenneth Branagh came to mind. Now I don't believe him to be the worst actor of all time but I think he has some quite terrible misfires. I saw him delivering the "tomorrow" speech in Macbeth and I thought it was one of the worst performances I'd ever seen. Equally, I found not just Branagh, but the entire cast of the British Wallander to be atrocious.

Incidentally I saw some of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine last night and was reminded how stagey and mannered Nana Visitor's acting style was. I found Avery Brooks a bit too theatrical at times as well, but he was an interesting actor to get for that part.

I have somehow only watched Colin Farrell in two movies (The new world, Miami vice), but in both of them he was excruciating to watch, absolutely lifeless. Not just lack of talent, but also lack of reaction, contextualization, whatever. I guess he gets better in some other instances I haven't seen yet, because otherwise the fact he even managed to make a respectable career seems absurd to me.

Originally Posted by ;4755
My Top Five worst actors working are (In my Opinion):

Tom Hanks
Freddie Prinze Jnr
Keanu Reeves
Hugh Grant
Van Damme/Stallone

P.s I really like Forest Whittaker (Bird was brilliant & as you know Sunfrog I loved Jim Jaramusch's Ghost Dog, plus he has been in so many other great films)

Great topic though simple & fun..
I gotta second Freddie Prinze Jr...that guy sucks.

Originally Posted by ;4862
LOL always about, ironically I like Jackie Chan but hey, he isnt much of an actor.(Still better than Tom Hanks though)

If we are going to pick on actors that never claimed to be academy material well:

Ryan Phillipe(Cologne Boy as I call him - honestly he should be on baywatch)

Casper Van Dien ( I like Starship Troopers but hey hes Beverly Hills 90210 through & through)

Steven Segal ( certainly belongs at the bottom of the acting barrel, he can fight but no way does he act)

All these are near the top of actors I can watch just because they are so bad, its downright funny.(You know that encouraging them in no way shape or form will convince others they are Good).
Big second to Casper Van Dien...terrible actor.

Steven Seagal

Originally Posted by ;4912
Dylan McDermott
David Duchovny
Chuck Norris
Before writing off David Duchovny, I have to ask if you've watched Californication? If you haven't you should find somewhere online you can watch it in order, better yet, buy a boxset. After you've watched that show and you still hate him, we will have to agree to disagree and I'll leave it alone.

Originally Posted by ;4869
I can't believe how anyone would think Tom Hanks is even close to being the worst actor of all time. His roles are all over the place. It seems he's one of the few actors where you could actually show him improving from film to film. I feel he's one of the most diverse actors I've ever seen. He's played in comedies, dramas, goofy movies, kids movies, epics, love stories. The only thing he hasn't played is a serial killer and I'm sure that will be coming soon.

Volunteers
Man with One Red Shoe
Splash
Big
Joe vs Volcano
Turner and Hooch
Sleepless in Seattle
Philadelphia
Forrest Gump
Saving Private Ryan
The Green Mile
Cast Away
Why does everyone always forget about Punchline?

I have somehow only watched Colin Farrell in two movies (The new world, Miami vice), but in both of them he was excruciating to watch, absolutely lifeless. Not just lack of talent, but also lack of reaction, contextualization, whatever. I guess he gets better in some other instances I haven't seen yet, because otherwise the fact he even managed to make a respectable career seems absurd to me.
I have been hot and cold with Colin Farrell for years, and I, too hated Miami Vice, but that film had a lot more problems than Farrell. Farrell has recently been doing some solid supporting work in films like Crazy Heart, Horrible Bosses, and Saving Mr. Banks. He seems to fare better with limited screentime.

Originally Posted by ;4926
Oh well each to their own, you all really believe Hanks is in the moment onscreen ha? This is the first site Ive been to that has such vocal support for the poor mans Spencer Tracy(Hanks), then again this site shares a lot of mainstream views. Its all good though, means more people for me to try & convert (LOL). Probably destined to failure....

Anyway some more of the worst actors of all time are:

Martin Lawrence ( sometimes amusing, but this boy cant act)

Matthew Perry & David Schwimmer(actors??)

Frank Stallone (Anyone see his version of Agatha Christies Ten Little Indians? Scary stuff, not in a good way)

It seems we are here to list the obvious ones. I always find it more fun to pick on actors that actually think they can act(Hanks), when in fact they just look out of place.

What Im trying to say is that all the actors listed on this thread by others are aware of their limitations, hence they are just bad actors. To be the WORST you really have to excel in dragging pictures down, which Jackie Chan or Chuck Norris for instance never do, there films deliver what they promise, even if the promise isnt much.
I love Matthew Perry, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.