Martin Scorsese's Best Film

Tools    

Which is the best movie Martin Scorsese ever made?
31.40%
27 votes
Taxi Driver
15.12%
13 votes
Raging Bull
27.91%
24 votes
GoodFellas
9.30%
8 votes
The Departed
16.28%
14 votes
Other (Specify)
86 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Also check out THIS THREAD where the films are discussed in some detail.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Also check out THIS THREAD where the films are discussed in some detail.
(Re: the thread you linked) Just wanted to say, I LOVE the layout of your posts( color coding/format, etc) , you are the Kubrick/Malick/Miyazaki of Mofo Posts!!!

And I voted Raging Bull, a top ten of all time for me and certainly a masterpiece.

I can't specify a ' best' as I don't think I've seen enough of his work. But I do really like a lot of his stuff that's not been mentioned which would be my preferred so far. To me these are just awesome:

- Who's That Knocking at My Door 1967
- Il mio viaggio in Italia 1999
- A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies 1995
- No Direction Home: Bob Dylan 2005

I really love The Aviator btw (my 2nd fave Scorsese so far), though I've only properly watched it once, whereas I've seen Goodfellas twice.

I've probably seen The Departed six or seven times now, and it's still incredibly entertaining.
Sure is.

Objectively speaking, I think it’s Raging Bull. My personal favorite is Taxi Driver, though.

I don't like Scorsese. I used to. It stopped at The Departed. Then I questioned what was that I liked about the others. But Taxi Driver is probably my favorite movie of all time.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I voted on 'other' but for me it's The Last Temptation of Christ. It's one of the best movies I've ever seen.

For me it's a tie among: *The King of Comedy*, *After Hours*, *The Irishman*, and *The Last Temptation of Christ"