Conspiracy Theories

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
If the earth was flat wouldnt the international date line be non existent? We'd all be in the same time zone. How much easier would life be. No more international calls at stupid o'clock.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
If the world was flat you wouldn't be able to buy a round the world ticket. It would be renamed there and back again. Twice as expensive because double the flying time. And if it was flat I wouldn't be able to dig to China.

There's no way in hell JFK was killed by some magic bullet...
I use to think that too, until I seen a documentary that explained that the Presidential car that JFK was in, had been modified to raise a seat up and over to one side.

Once the correction for the altered seat alignment was figured in, the magic bullet was no longer magic, but had a straight trajectory as one would except it to.

There's some good stuff about the JFK shooting in Bill James' Popular Crime, but the relevant bit, assuming I'm not confusing that book with something else I read, is that it's not magical for bullets to tumble in bizarre ways when they're hurled into things (particularly people) at high speeds. They do insane things even when studied in controlled environments.

I found a number or articles that detail how the 1961 Ford Lincoln Continental that JFK was in was heavily modified from the original stock. JFK was in a special jump seat that was not directly behind Governor Connally but over to the side and higher. This has been overlooked by a lot of people, but when taken into account the magic bullet idea falls apart.

Excerpt from here:
http://dyingwords.net/the-magic-bull...assassination/

Victim Alignment

Much has been made of the “Magic Bullet” having to zig-zag in flight to align with the wounds evident in Kennedy and Connally. The Oliver Stone movie “JFK” was a terrible offender in perpetuating misinformation about how the trajectories were impossible based on the limousine layout.
Stone and other conspiracy theorists failed to study the seating arrangements where Connally was not directly in front of JFK, rather he was in a jump seat below and inward of the President. Taking the true picture, the trajectory in the limo accounts perfectly for the properly recorded wounds.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
What about the bullet that was found unscathed on the stretcher? There are many inconsistencies in the Warren Report, and by the 70s, the government (House on Assassinations Cmte.) dug up and said they believed in was a conspiracy, but they didn't know who..

The FBI did have to admit (1980 I think) that Oswald worked for them... Speaking of books, I read some of David Talbot's "The Devil's Chessboard" and if I had to make an educated guess, I would say Alan Dulles (ex-CIA director who was fired after Bay of Pigs) probably organized it with ex-CIA and State Department guys.. I'm betting they'd use anti-Castro rebels just in case some were caught (there was a recent story about this.... JFK told Hoover to stop, he over-rode his command)... It's also Texas state law that a body can't be moved without an autopsy.... I could go on and on, but I also find it interesting that Oswald's only friend in Dallas was George du Morenschildt (CIA)... What's equally as important is the question of WHY?

JFK didn't go along with the original plans for Nixon, and even then, thought it was still a mess. He took the missiles out of Turkey, and promised sovereignty to Cuba to get the missiles out.. There's video a few months before he died specifically saying "I spoke with General Maxwell Taylor, and the plan is pull a 1,000 advisers and have them all out by 65'"... Within a year, there were 500,000 troops.... The unfortunate thing is that there's SO MUCH on this case, so I try to make sure I know which source came from, because this mystery is a money maker, so there are a lot of non-experts who have a good vocabulary and video-making skills, but I'd avoid them... Here are some discussions in somewhat pop culture...

Mark Lane - Rush To Judgement - this is kinda what started things..

The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (with DA Jim Garrison)

Former Late Host Steven Allen w/ Jim Garrison and others to debate.

And then MLK (FBiand then RFK after he won the California Primary... Malcolm X, Medgar Evars... Here's an article about the latest developments from Coretta King - https://newsone.com/2843790/did-you-...uther-king-jr/

The unfortunate thing is that there are many trying to find the truth, but even more (Alex Jones and others) who make a business out of this, and the more sensationalist the story, the more money they make... Sometimes powerful people get killed, and people want an explanation of something more than just a "regular" murder (John Lennon), but it also seems that at any point someone wants to discredit anyone, just mention the word "conspiracy theorist" and usually people will remain silent to avoid association.

And along the lines of what Yoda was saying earlier -- just imagine what we do NOT know... And from what the government admits to, it's pretty bad.

I think there's probably something to the Bilderberg Society story.
But the Bilderberg Society isn't considered as a conspiracy anymore though, right?

I beleive kennedy was assasinated by or with the backing of the u.s government. I just cant buy into the fact that a lone nut like oswald was solely responsible.

The bay of pigs, cuba, vietnam and his vow to crackdown on organised crime made many enemies for kennedy.

I dont believe all the conspiracy theories but anyone who thinks that governments and high ranking officials around the world are angels and are incapable of the most atrocious crimes even against their own people are just plain naive.
I think the Bilderberg assassinated him.

In general, no one ever claimed the magic bullet (the second one according to the Warren Report) was the kill shot. What's interesting is Connally's insistence that he wasn't hit by the second shot. He never backed off of that.

So, bullet one (allegedly) misses by a country mile and hits the curb in front of James Tague who's standing by the underpass. Chip of concrete from the impact hits him in the face accounting for one shot. The third is the gruesome one (aka) the kill shot so that leaves #2, the magic bullet, to do all the rest of the damage.

Another interesting rathole is the bullet hole in the limo window. If the magic bullet fell off a gurney at the hospital (in pristine condition), and the first and third shots are accounted for then what caused the hole in the limo window? Not even mentioning the street sign that was removed and replaced.

Best conspiracy theories are the ones the public will mostly buy (like the Warren Report and the 911 commission report...etc).

We've gone on holiday by mistake
JFK assassination has crossed over into accepted fact, rather than conspiracy theory. If people can't accept that he was killed in a massive conspiracy then there's no hope for them,. The only questions are who gave the order? Who was on the ground carrying it out? And most importantly why?

IMO the bullet was a magical one created by Gandalf.
Nope not me.

JFK assassination has crossed over into accepted fact, rather than conspiracy theory. If people can't accept that he was killed in a massive conspiracy then there's no hope for them
If it had actually crossed over into "accepted fact," wouldn't you just post the proof, rather than assert it was an accepted fact?

I have little doubt this is treated as accepted fact by some, but I think that's more a reflection of associating with the like-minded and a general disinterest in seeking out contradictions, both of which are necessary for conspiracy theories to thrive.

Do you think there was a grassy knoll gunman/team Yoda? Given the smoke, the sound, hundreds of witnesses running I'm that direction looking for someone, JFK s head lashing backward, the FBI putting pressure on those witnesses to recant or refusing to include many of them in the Warren C report.

Serious question: have you Googled counterarguments or explanations for any of those things? Because, as I said, conspiracy theories thrive when people have a disinterest in disproving them.

Honestly no, I would be happy to look at those with an open.mind though.

For JFK you coukd literally spend an hour listing all the unusual events of the day/following days that lead you to only one possible conclusion that it was a conspiracy followed by a cover up.

Of all the "major" conspiracies out there JFK is the clear winner in terms of public belief/likeliest to be true.

Honestly no, I would be happy to look at those with an open.mind though.
Wouldn't an open mind would've gone looking for them already? Anyone who cares about facts goes looking for them before forming conclusions. If they don't, that suggests the belief is more about emotion or gut feeling. Which is probably why so many people who believe in one conspiracy actually believe in five others: because it's less a series of conclusions than it is a personality trait.

I'm only pointing this out to save myself some time; if you didn't come to believe in a conspiracy because of information, why would different information change your mind?

For JFK you coukd literally spend an hour listing all the unusual events of the day/following days that lead you to only one possible conclusion that it was a conspiracy followed by a cover up.
Of course it was unusual: someone shot the President! And literally anything looks unusual if you devote tens of thousands of hours to studying it. Any day, any event, and especially anything dramatic like a shooting, particularly the shooting of someone with influence.

There isn't any day where you could shoot the President that would not, in retrospect, look ominous, because they're wielding power and managing conflict with different countries, individuals, and agencies every single day.