God Said No

Tools    

God Said No

I hope that you can get the effects on your computers! The words are great, but the movements of the faces add a lot....:-)

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own! ,
but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

If you love God, send this to ten people and
back to the person that sent it.

THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY

May God Bless You,
"May the Lord Bless you and keep you,
May the Lord Make his face shine upon you,
and give you Peace.....Forever"
"Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them,

but you know they are always there.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by jrs
I hope that you can get the effects on your computers! The words are great, but the movements of the faces add a lot....:-)
My comp said no.

Good perspective in that what-would-you-call-that-an-essay?, though.

Was I supposed to move my face?
I raised my right eyebrow, like Spock, or The Rock.

We can't stop here!
Originally Posted by sunfrog
Was I supposed to move my face?
I raised my right eyebrow, like Spock, or The Rock.
I think originally it was a video clip and people actually said 'no', thus you see faces. Best I can get out of it.

How do online discussions work?

What makes threads like What are doing at this very moment?, It is 12:00 do you know where your mind is?, Footprint Quiz, The Thread Where I Post Stuff That I Just Happen To Really Like, and Type your username with your elbows have the right to exist while The Supreme Court Nominee does not?

Is it because Bushlite proves once again that he's a complete idiot and so is everyone who voted for him? I think it is. Is it because Yoda will lose another battle of wits? I think so. Is it because Bushlite sucks and Yoda refuses to accept it? Yes.

You were wrong from the get go Twt. You put up a good fight but now you're wrong and stubborn. Hiding won't change the truth. I've been right about Bushlite all these years and you've been wrong. Time to face the truth buddy. Being wrong doesn't make you less of a man. Admitting you were wrong makes you more of a man.

What makes threads like What are doing at this very moment?, It is 12:00 do you know where your mind is?, Footprint Quiz, The Thread Where I Post Stuff That I Just Happen To Really Like, and Type your username with your elbows have the right to exist while The Supreme Court Nominee does not?
There's a big difference between irreverence and pointlessness. And if someone wants to start a thread to have an actual discussion about Harriet Miers, they're welcome to, but "wtf?" isn't exactly a discussion starter, and your history has me more than convinced that the discussion wasn't going to evolve.

Is it because Bushlite proves once again that he's a complete idiot and so is everyone who voted for him? I think it is. Is it because Yoda will lose another battle of wits? I think so. Is it because Bushlite sucks and Yoda refuses to accept it? Yes.

You were wrong from the get go Twt. You put up a good fight but now you're wrong and stubborn. Hiding won't change the truth. I've been right about Bushlite all these years and you've been wrong. Time to face the truth buddy. Being wrong doesn't make you less of a man. Admitting you were wrong makes you more of a man.
Sinec when is continually prodding me to admit I'm wrong a "battle of wits"? Do you think arguments are won through sheer repetition; whoever insists that they're right the longest and the loudest wins?

Your response here indicates to me that I was right to do what I did; you still completely misunderstand the problem. This isn't about whether or not you're right, it's about how you conduct yourself. There are many, many people here who largely agree with your characterization of the President and his supporters, and none of them want to have anything to do with you. That's because they understand that the goal of this forum is a free and civil exchange of ideas and opinions; not a neverending flood of substance threads and posts about how right they are.

Surly not in anyway you have presented them, they fail. Grow up and understand that your thoughts are not the epicenter of life..

There's a big difference between irreverence and pointlessness. And if someone wants to start a thread to have an actual discussion about Harriet Miers, they're welcome to, but "wtf?" isn't exactly a discussion starter, and your history has me more than convinced that the discussion wasn't going to evolve.

And history shows I would have won once again because she didn't make the Supreme Court did she? Your own republican party turned against her because it was a god awful decision by the president.

A system of cells interlinked
It's because he has mental iiiintellect.

there's a frog in my snake oil

I cannot help but roll on the floor like a mere mortal in the presence of his iiiintellect

I See You When You're Sleeping
I'm sure my post was deleted.

Either that or I didn't submit.

I'll ask God.