Does being in the library make you horny?

Tools    

Does the library make you horny?
54.76%
23 votes
Yes, ooohh yes!
45.24%
19 votes
No. Perv!
0%
0 votes
We don't have a library
42 votes. You may not vote on this poll

She could only be 10 years older than me, I doubt it. I think I'm too smitten. However, 10 years younger than me sounds so.... weird, and I hardly ever use that word. Even a girl I sorta dated was 3 years younger, just felt odd she was my younger brother's age.
I think it's alright. I think women like older men. And I have personally seen where a woman 10 years younger than a man got married to him and they stayed married forever. A younger woman would appreciate the support and maturity, I think. But these older women -- twenty years older than you -- no. No. They need a man who will walk in with them to the old folks home when it's time to go. That won't be you.

Originally Posted by matt72582
I lost my virginity to someone 9 years older, then someone who graduated from my high school 11 years before me. One girl told me she thinks it's because of the older music I listen to, or that I'm so mature (she's just immature), but I'm at the point where I'm not looking. Unless it falls on my lap (literally) it's not gonna happen.
Got quite an old lady fetish, don't ya? You need to talk to Captain Spaulding. I think you both have a lot in common.

And to your last part SC.... Doesn't everything always lead to heartache?
That's too loaded of a question for me right now when I'm about to sink in to some french fries.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I do have a crush on the Director at my library. HUGE crush! She passes along my books, plays, and CD to some Executive who checks it over to have it circulated, and also to get a free room for signings. She is probably 15-20 years older than me, but she always has a beautiful smile, and has helped me. I'm trying to get a job doing weekly events, and sent her an e-mail, as I'm a little nervous to see her, since it's too cold to shave, and I wear sweats half the time, which tells me I really do have a crush on her, because otherwise I couldn't care less how horrible I look. Part of it is wanting to get a full-time job, as I live so poorly being just an author and musician. I know I'll feel dishonest about myself trying to look nice doing whatever I might do in the future, especially since I constantly talk about how the work should speak for itself, not the other miscellaneous crap.

Maybe a girl can help me, but it seems like even single women wear rings. Is this true? Not that I would do anything about it even if she were single.
Sometimes. I usually wear a ring on the finger typically reserved for an engagement ring. It's neither gold or a diamond, but that won't ever be the case even when I do get married as I don't like gold or diamonds. Most of the women I am friends with wear rings and whatever type of ring they want to on any finger. My married friend wears her wedding ring on a chain around her neck, so unless someone has something that is clearly an engagement or wedding ring on their finger, you may have to ask to find out.

I'm kinda with Sexy on this one. Sorta. But I will tell you this, if you do want to pursue any sort of anything with her, stop wearing sweatpants.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I thought sweatpants are long johns, but apparently these are tracksuit trousers! Don't wear them if you go to the library!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I think if you're already at the point where you're writing about the fantasy library lady on a message board on the internet, it's already too late. It's sexier to actually do something in person, not turn to a 10 year old forum thread called "Does being in the library make you horny?" for help. Do you see what your problem is now? You're not making smart choices. This is worse than calling up strangers on the telephone to ask them what their favorite movies are. THAT was more seductive than what you're doing right now.

Not only that, but when you posted in the "Does being in the library make you horny?" thread, you got me to answer you. Me!

And while I may be the Dr. Ruth of Movie Forums, as well as the Dr. Phil and other doctors, it's still not as good as actually just trying to start something in person with this lady.

She's married... I can relax now and bask in being single until I die

(sigh of relief)
Married is only as married does, heh heh.

If you view not being able to get something you want as a "reward" (since it gave you the momentary relief of not having to do the work to go up and talk to someone) - then that's a very dangerous mindset my friend. You're basically training yourself to psychologically reward yourself for making less effort.

If I were into a woman who refused my advance because she was married, I wouldn't make myself feel "glad" about having an excuse not to pursue what I want, I'd feel disappointed (but only momentary, since I know that there are plenty of other eligible women out there).

Part of it is wanting to get a full-time job, as I live so poorly being just an author and musician. I know I'll feel dishonest about myself trying to look nice doing whatever I might do in the future,
Self-improvement (aka dressing better) isn't dishonest - that'd be like saying that an obese person deciding to lose weight is "being dishonest" by changing something about them, and that they should just remain fat.
[quote]

especially since I constantly talk about how the work should speak for itself, not the other miscellaneous crap.
Well the truth is that the "work" is more than just the summary of a list of completed task - it's the overall experience you provide - this includes the sensory experience you provide as well. Showing up somewhere dressed sloppily is a visual eyesore, just like farting in a crowd is.

If a guy for example chooses to show up to a job interview wearing a beer-stained Homer Simpson T-shirt and cut-off denim shorts, he's probably not getting the job even if he's technically the most qualified on the resume - and that really is the way things "should be", because people are emotional creatures - we're not robots with no emotional needs or experiences as well.

So the guy's options are to self-justify just because he doesn't want to change, and associates it as "who he is" (only because he's been doing it for so long), or he can choose to improve. There's no such thing as "who you are" anyway - who you are is really just the summary of your actions - if you choose to start dressing better to make you more presentable for promotions, then your choice to do so becomes "who you are".

Maybe a girl can help me, but it seems like even single women wear rings. Is this true? Not that I would do anything about it even if she were single.
Well you decided up-front that "you wouldn't do anything about it".

Me I wouldn't care if she was wearing a ring or not, I'd always approach a woman I was interested in - worst that could happen is that she'd say no - I wouldn't beat around the bush coming up with a laundry list of trivialities in order to justify avoiding a situation with very low risk, but very high reward.

At the same time I'd definitely not mentally program myself into inaction by posting on the internet "I'm not going to do it" - imagine if before a game a sports team got together and chanted "We're gonna lose! We're gonna lose"! Hah

Actually I find libraries to be one of the easier places to hit on girls. It's easy to strike up a conversation. People there just seem to be less guarded, more relaxed. There's almost always more girls than guys. And the university libraries tend to have lots of younger women. You're also less likely to accidentally hit on a minor.

I've only gotten a girl's number at a library once, but all I did was strike up a conversation about the books in the section we happened to both be looking. It literally required no effort whatsoever.

Actually I find libraries to be one of the easier places to hit on girls. It's easy to strike up a conversation.
..... Aren't you supposed to be quiet in libraries?

People are supposed to be a lot of things.

Like not sleep with married women, heheh

I don't mind if a guy dresses casually. In fact, I really don't like a high maintenance guy (says the girl who is sitting here waiting on her boyfriend to get ready) but sweatpants aren't putting your best foot forward if you want to ask someone out. It isn't being dishonest. There is nothing wrong with trying to make a good impression. It says you care.

I wish that where the case. My library has a quiet reading room. Apparently most people think that means a quiet place to take their cell phone calls.

The downtown library here is noisy. The security guy never even asks anyone to be quiet unless they are actually in an argument and yelling.

I don't mind if a guy dresses casually. In fact, I really don't like a high maintenance guy (says the girl who is sitting here waiting on her boyfriend to get ready) but sweatpants aren't putting your best foot forward if you want to ask someone out. It isn't being dishonest. There is nothing wrong with trying to make a good impression. It says you care.
It's not really a matter of casual vs formal - it's more of a matter of looking like you at least care about yourself and what you put on.

My idea of casual for example is a nice, clean pair of jeans and shoes, and a nice, clean polo or a brand name T-shirt with an interesting design. Versus say sweatpants with holes, tennis shoes with grasstains, or a white-Haines T-shirt with mustard and sweat stains - big difference between "casual" and just sloppy.

I mean if a person doesn't even look like they value themselves, how can others trust them to value them?

I scored at a Smash Bros. video game tournament wearing a bright blue X-men T-shirt and brown corduroy pants. I consider that dressed up for me. But really the only difference between dressed up and not dressed up is how much I like the clothes I'm wearing. Either way it's just pants and a t-shirt really though...

I scored at a Smash Bros. video game tournament wearing a bright blue X-men T-shirt and brown corduroy pants. I consider that dressed up for me. But really the only difference between dressed up and not dressed up is how much I like the clothes I'm wearing. Either way it's just pants and a t-shirt really though...
Well I'm assuming that you were at a house with some friends of yours that you know - so the bar for dressing's a little lower when you're in a private place versus a public venue

Yeah, usually the guys I've dated have been on the scruffy side. My last boyfriend before this one would wear a shirt three days in a row and shoes until they fell off his feet. I don't care about clothing all that much, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't matter at all.

Awhile ago a girlfriend and I saw this guy that was really handsome but he was wearing these pants. I don't know what the heck they were but they were shiny black material with turquoise triangles. They were awful. I don't want to be a shallow person but I'd have trouble getting past those pants.

There is another reason why girls don't like sweatpants. I'll try to say this delicately but sometimes they can be a little revealing, if you catch my drift.

My best friend Chip wears nothing but t-shirts and shorts. If it's cold he will throw on a hoodie, but he never wears anything else, unless it's a wedding. I kind of prefer guys to dress like that. Sometimes, I wish my boyfriend dressed more like that.