The Controversial Cranberry Thread

Tools    

Cranberry Sauce, who needs it!? YUCK!
I say we should kick it out of Thanksgiving!!

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by sunfrog
Canned sauce yes....but I just made a batch with fresh cranberries this year and it's very tasty. I say...experiment a little Froggy, the fresh sauce might surprise you.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by sunfrog
No way. If anything has to go, it's squash or yams. but that's just my personal opinion..

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

My life isn't written very well.
One of my grandmother's holiday mainstays was tomato aspic: a sort of jello made with tomatoes--blech!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

To Aniko,
Is it very tart? Does it suck all the moisture out of your body when you eat it? Fresh does sound better. What are you supposed to put it on?

To MonkeyPunch,
Yams rock! So do squash. Cranberry Sauce just sits there and wobbles. Why is it called sauce anyway?

To r3port3r66,
That sounds weird. Your first clue should have been that it's called aspic. Lol

Down with Cranberry Sauce! Everything else is yummy then.. EEUURK! All the flavors and moisture has been sucked out of your mouth by evil cranberries!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I don't know about you guys, but I don't dig on Cranberry Sauce.

Yams aren't that bad, although I don't have them with Thanksgiving.

Cranberry Sauce is ok, I guess...if you are into that kind of thing...but we don't do that in my house.

I like fresh cranberry sauce but that stuff out of a can is yuck…

I think cranberry sauce is traditional in all parts of the country but what are some of the other things everyone has every year? In the south we normally have turkey (smoked or fried), cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, green beans, candied yams, chicken and dumplings, honey glazed ham, corn, broccoli, and pies (pecan, pumpkin, egg custard, lemon)...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Lets put a smile on that block
Cranberry Sauce rules!!!

What are Yams? I thought they were big hairy things that live in the mountains....

And what is actually in a Twinky?

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
What are Yams? I thought they were big hairy things that live in the mountains....
…. Yams are sweet potatoes…

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
And what is actually in a Twinky?
Too much sugar…

Its not often I say this but man Im with Sunfrog, damn that stuff tastes like bwah....not that we really celebrate Thanksgiving as such but Ill put gravy on my roast anyday before I put that purple tar on it.

Get off my island
Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without some Cranberry sauce to give the turkey some zang

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Thought it was about time we discussed this important subject. Once again that time of year has come around, and once again this controversial and highly flammable subject has risen its ugly head. Thats right. CRANBERRY.

I had LASHINGS of it the weekend and last night on a big fat christmas roast dinner and yesterday i had a CHRISTMAS SANDWICH choc FULL of the red stuff.

YUM. Cran makes my belly wobble.

I am half agony, half hope.
I love real cranberry sauce with apples and walnuts. This year for the first time I tried the cranberry/raspberry jello with a sweet cream cheese/sour cream topping. It was delish! I need to be more adventurous...

Johann von Goethe

Cranberry and Sour Cream?! THATS MADNESS! Thats like...thats like...BEEF AND ICE-CREAM. Preposterous!

Am i mistaken, or wasn't there another thread about Cranberry? Something to do with the Queen of Cran? I could have sworn there was.

Am i mistaken, or wasn't there another thread about Cranberry? Something to do with the Queen of Cran? I could have sworn there was.

I think there was a thread .... or else it was a thread hijack...

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
Cranberry Orange relish that my mom makes... mmmmmm

Well, I am obviously a product of the canned goods era, if there is such a thing, because I love the cylindrical wobbling tart/sweet stuff. Although, I eat it as a side dish, not on the bird or anything as crazy as that. Oh, and don't forget the turnips, can't have turkey dinner without turnips!

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

cranberries with turkey is like the ham in hamburger, it doesnt make any sense!

i support your banning of cranberries in Thanksgiving

-Hattori Hanzo