Another thread for jrs

Tools    

Here's another thread on the Katrina stuff.
This one isn't controversial, it's just a question.
Why did all those cops quit and/or kill themselves? Maybe the ones that killed themselves were sad about losing everything. That I can understand. But why did all those other ones quit? Does anyone know?

They had their own families to consider, that or they figured it was not worth it, or they were killed.....duh....different strokes eh?

They quit to rescue their own families?
When did they quit? Did they quit when they were told to evacuate? Like, did they leave and not come back?

You mean they were killed by the hurricane?

How many quit?

We can't stop here!
Thousands walked off the job. That's what I've heard atleast. I don't know why, but my biggest guess was the fact that N.O. is under water and the police force there basically doesn't exist anymore. Most left to be with their families instead of protecting a fallen city.

Originally Posted by sunfrog
But why did all those other ones quit? Does anyone know?
Tough question. Maybe they were afraid and /or upset about Katrina. It's hard to deal with it. Good question though.

the entire police force was used to its capacity...there is some awful stuff going on down there....pictures that i haven't seen and heard about over the radio.....the entire situation is out of control...some of the officers walked off the job because they either have their own families or couldn't deal with the reality of what was going on...some of them were just plain exhausted and had enough...

the ones that killed themselves...i hadn't heard an answer, but i'm guessing that it's the same as the above...

Hmm.. someone should do a news story on it.

Whatever the reason it is sad that, some killed themselves

Lol, because jrs hates it when there are multiple threads about the same thing.

Originally Posted by sunfrog
Lol, because jrs hates it when there are multiple threads about the same thing.

I just tell people to use the a simple thing called a search function. No harm, just some are dopey enough not to use it.

Now........ when I first saw the thread's title I thought it was sorta' 'for/to me', but to come here and talk about Hurricane Katrina - well I do not find any humor there whatsoever.

It wasn't a joke. that's why it's not funny

I found it kinda funny. The JRS thing, not the Katrina/suicidal cops thing.