MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

Daniel deleted his FB, so if you didn't hear from him there, that's why. But he's aware and said he's "down" for fantasy baseball.

The COVID IL thing is weird, but I guess it conveys more ??? than just IL10.

It seems like we're actually going to have a season now, or try to anyway.
Cool, thanks on the Dan thing. Facebook is dumb for not just telling me when I tried to message him.

Yeah, I guess...baseball? It's not as exciting as it should be, but I guess I'm glad it's back all the same.

This is the kind of year that the mariners will win it all. And then never return to the playoffs again. I'm only kidding a little.

A system of cells interlinked
Mikey let me know he's in. I'm waiting to hear from Dan (Cobb County Corncobs), but I'd be surprised if he wasn't around and active.

Also, man, this isn't a surprise but something about seeing it is so weird:

I popped in to post about this new player tag. I presume we all have at least one guy tagged with this? I have more than one...

This is the kind of year that the mariners will win it all. And then never return to the playoffs again. I'm only kidding a little.
I was thinking about this for the Pirates, where the top four (read "other four") teams are projected for 31–32 wins and about 27 for the Pirates. With such a small number of games, it wouldn't take a ton of luck for them get to 33 wins.

Though, for the M's, the Astros, Angels, and A's look to be stiffer competition....

Plus, who am I kidding? The Pirates stink.

RIP Pittsburgh Blue Jays
July 21, 2020–July 22, 2020

I'm very sad that there won't be two 4th/5th place teams in Pittsburgh this summer. I understand why the state officials won't allow it, but I'm also surprised at how touch and go this season really is, particularly in that the idea was floated and accepted before blessed by the bureaucracy.

I think the Blue Jays don't have a scheduled "home game" until next Wednesday," so there's some time. Wondering if they can just play at a Triple-A facility (but I guess that was the Buffalo plan) or a spring training field.

A system of cells interlinked
"Toronto has decided to skip their series in the Steel City after determining that coleslaw is a side dish and should not be on top of the sandwich itself."

Lulz

Soto tests positive for covid. I want baseball just as much as the next guy... An 9 year old kid died from covid yesterday. A major league player will very likely die from this experiment. I don't think this is good idea.

That's normal to have a day off after Opening Day, but it's not clear why they had it because that day off is normally to reschedule a rained out Opening Day for the fans....

I was really aggrieved that there were no 1pm games today. There is no reason to not always have baseball games on right now given that they don't have to worry about fans getting to/from the game and there's nothing else on to compete with them.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
First off, Dodgers/Giants are playing today. Also, I've been watching Braves/Mets on ESPN since 1 PM Pacific.