Best Jack Nicholson Movie

Tools    

Either One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest or Batman IMO. What do you think?
And found he was eating his shoe.

A system of cells interlinked
Jack is a great actor and I find it hard to choose.....

Chinatown is a great flick

I love me some Batman

One Flew is a classic and probably his best when it comes down to it

His performance in As Good as it Gets is great as well....

If I’m not mistaken, Nicholson has been nominated for more Academy Awards then any other actor… so a few of his most memorable performances for me are…

Easy Rider
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Chinatown
The Shining
A Few Good Men
Batman

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My favorite is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, he is perfect, absolutely perfect in this movie.

Its a tough one, he's such a good actor, it is between Chinatown and One Flew.....

I have to go with the latter.

Well what better team then Jack Nicholson as a villain and Tim Burton as a director? nothing thats what hah! It is really hard to pick just on though but i think i have to agree with sedai in that One Flew was just a stunning performance.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
If I’m not mistaken, Nicholson has been nominated for more Academy Awards then any other actor… so a few of his most memorable performances for me are…

Easy Rider
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Chinatown
The Shining
A Few Good Men
Batman
That sums it up.

I like him in alot of movies, but last night i watched "As Good As It Gets" and i thought he was great in that movie. And also him in "Anger Management". That movie was hilarious.
I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice, but still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess i just miss my friend- (THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION)

As Chinatown is my all-time favorite film, obviously I think it is the best movie Nicholson has ever been associated with.

But, if I were to rank his work based on his performances as an actor, it'd go something like this....

1. The Passenger (1975)
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
3. Five Easy Pieces (1970)
4. About Schmidt (2002)
5. The Pledge (2001)
6. The King of Marvin Gardens (1972)
7. The Last Detail (1973)
8. Chinatown (1974)
9. The Crossing Guard (1995)
10. Reds (1981)

Jack's work in Antonioni's existential The Passenger is his best in my eyes, and also one of his least-seen performances. The Pledge and The King of Marvin Gardens are also underseen great works. I think his turn as Eugene O'Neill in Beatty's Reds is the best of his supporting roles, though admittedly less campy fun than Easy Rider, A Few Good Men, Batman or Terms of Endearment. Personally, I prefer the more subduded, interior performances from Nicholson. The Shining is great over-the-top Kabuki stuff, but give me The Passenger or Chinatown any day.

Jack has been nominated for twelve Oscars (eight lead, four supporting), with three wins (Cuckoo's Nest, Terms of Endearment, As Good As It Gets). And yes, he is the male actor with the most nominations in the history of the awards, and surely not done yet.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
The best Jack Nicholson movie would have to be One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest But Nicholson has been in the movie business for years, so he has a lot of great films.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Its a toss up between One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Chinatown for me (though deep in my heart, I love him in Batman.)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Wolf.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

i thought 'as good as it gets' was really good, definatly one of his best films.
cazz
x

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
4. About Schmidt (2002)

That movie depressed the hell outa me, while nicholson did give an awesome performance it was just to depressing for me to like it.

Worst Nicholson film: Witches of Eastwick

I love The Witches of Eastwick. Lots of great stuff.
"Not that I would know a Snowy Egret if I was pissing on one."

You want a really lousy Jack flick? Try sitting through Man Trouble. Yowza, what a stinker! Or The Fortune: what an embarassing misfire.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I love The Witches of Eastwick. Lots of great stuff.
"Not that I would know a Snowy Egret if I was pissing on one."

You want a really lousy Jack flick? Try sitting through Man Trouble. Yowza, what a stinker! Or The Fortune: what an embarassing misfire.
It's not that it lacked anything, Cher just turned me off of the whole movie.

I've never seen either of the latter movies though. I have yet to see a Jack film that I absolutely hated. Not so sure about his new one though.

One Flew Over the Cucoos Nest, Ah man, Charlie Cheswick and Martini are some of the funniest characters in Film/Novel history

i never seen one flew Over the Cucoos Nest is it any good?

Originally Posted by Planavoy
i never seen one flew Over the Cucoos Nest is it any good?
You bet.