Things that annoy you...

Tools    

lol @ynwtf - maybe it's because she's older; some folks can't quite get the hang of these digital devices if they didn't grow up with computers, or hadn't learned to use them at work.

And even then , some if us who did - can't

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
lol @ynwtf - maybe it's because she's older; some folks can't quite get the hang of these digital devices if they didn't grow up with computers, or hadn't learned to use them at work.

And even then , some if us who did - can't
lol
Fair enough ;P

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

More of a question but also something that really annoys me.

Why do people use speakerphone on their mobile in public?

Genuine question.
I suspect it's for the same reasons they use their cell phone in public at all: They're trying to show people how important they are; and/or, they have emotional problems.

~Doc

Unregistered User
Got me. My mom does that and it drives me INSANE when I visit. On top of that, whenever I speak to her via the phone, it affects sound quality as she's always turning her head to do things while keeping the phone nearly full arm's length away. I bought her BT earbuds but she only uses those at work to listen to music. Whenever I'm at a checkout and some kat is two or three people back in line, I can hear their entire conversation. Still they talk louder than they would in person! I don't know, but I think some mobile devices must have a transmitter broadcasting subliminal instructions to affect the social balance around them.

Russians, I tell ya!

Surely we must have someone on the site here that does this and can help?

Dont be afriad, REVEAL YOURSELF!

I notice that quite a few elderly people - when I phone them have the tv blaring away in the background, but they never turn it off. I find it so distracting trying to talk to them since I can hear every bloody word on the telly!

People in pubs who feel the need to insert themselves in your conversation because you're speaking a different language. And get thorny because you're talking to your people in your own language.

One of the heights of assholery.

People who constantly post politically charged or religious things to Facebook. I don't mind if it's a once in a while thing, but my feed is flooded with obnoxious posts from people on both sides and it's the same people doing it over and over. I'm about to purge my feed and unfollow a whole lot of people including some of my family members.

People in pubs who feel the need to insert themselves in your conversation because you're speaking a different language. And get thorny because you're talking to your people in your own language.

One of the heights of assholery.
I haven't been to a pub in years. That fact is annoying.

P.S. What language were you speaking & what language were other people in the pub speaking?

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
The fact that my little sister won't wash her ass. She's sitting on the couch right now and the whole living room smells so horrible that I can't even go in there to watch a movie.

The sheer amount of idiot dudes who walk into health shops and ask to buy cigarettes.

Can't we have destruct buttons for that level of ****ing stupid?

When you're last in line, then someone joins the line, but instead of getting behind you, they stand next to you!

This often concludes in some kind of confrontation when you're next to be waited on at the counter - as a normal person would get behind the person in front of them (thus the term "in front of them".)

It seems the reason someone might do this is to try to cut the line by claiming they were in front of you.

This happened to me last summer while trying to get ice cream for relatives at an ice cream store (the people who came after me stayed ride beside me as others formed the line behind us. When the counter attendant was faced with multiple people standing next to each other she asked, "Who's next" as the people next to me tried to claim they were and resulted with me having to claim my spot - no one behind us could confirm since, when they arrived, these other people were standing next to me rather than behind me. Insidious!)

It happened again today at a store. This was a little different as it was an older lady. To add to the confusion, another register opened up. I stayed in the line I was already in. When the cashier at the newly opened register said, "next," I looked to the old lady and politely asked, "would you like to go?" to which she said, "Oh no, you go ahead, you were here first." So that ended well. Still don't know why she got next to me rather than behind me, except maybe that she didn't want to block the aisle.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The house of commons. Think Guy Fawkes had it right

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
@Captain Steel
That bugs me too. Or when I'm at a grocery store check out card payment device and the person behind walks up and stands at the register as I key in my pin. Most people (around here at least) consider the check out conveyer belt as a neutral no-fly zone until a receipt is handed off and the batter exits the box.

Sometimes people break all grocery store social norms by crowding me as I pay. If I have to reach back for any reason to include taking my receipt, I could accidentally elbow whoever in the face because they are so close. Drives me crazy. I've passive-aggressively leaned in front of them to grab a pack of gum just to force them to back up. Never seems to send the message though as they file right back to breathing on my neck after.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@Captain Steel
That bugs me too. Or when I'm at a grocery store check out card payment device and the person behind walks up and stands at the register as I key in my pin. Most people (around here at least) consider the check out conveyer belt as a neutral no-fly zone until a receipt is handed off and the batter exits the box.

Sometimes people break all grocery store social norms by crowding me as I pay. If I have to reach back for any reason to include taking my receipt, I could accidentally elbow whoever in the face because they are so close. Drives me crazy. I've passive-aggressively leaned in front of them to grab a pack of gum just to force them to back up. Never seems to send the message though as they file right back to breathing on my neck after.

When someone crowds me like that, I usually politely ask them to step back. If they crowd me again, I "accidentally" back up into them, pushing them backwards to give myself more room, then I quickly apologize for bumping into them. They don't get mad at me because I apologized, so they think it was an accident, and I get the room that I need, and they usually don't crowd me anymore because they think I'll just bump into them again.

I usually just ask them politely (but loudly) if they would be kind enough to give me a few seconds to take my trousers off before their next attempt to get into them - usually embarrasses them back a step or two

(can also occasionally have an added bonus if they are of the opposite gender)

This one time on a cruise ship I was in the main dining area and trying to find a place to set down for breakfast. I was carrying my plate of food around while looking for an empty table. It was so crowded that I had to take my food to the far end of the room and set down by a long, narrow counter, which had bar stools. Soon as I start eating this lady comes and stands right in front of the counter with her back to me. She must have been only 18 inches away and there were still a couple of empty bar stools that she could have sat on further down the counter. But no, she had to stand and place her plate of food on the divider between the counter and the aisle. Talk about rude! So as I was getting more and more uncomfortable having her in my 'private space', aka her big ass in my face...it dawned on me what to do, and I deliberately started coughing like Doc Holiday from Tombstone which caused her to pick up her food and literally run away, ha!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
^^^^^

I tend to find women are quite poor at space management. Happens a lot in supermarkets, there will be a stack of stock in an aisle leaving space for one person + trolley to get past and some dithering incompetent will stop in that space blocking both directions. Happens a lot when parking aswell, and I'm sorry to hate on the opposite sex but it's usually them.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
^^^^^

I tend to find women are quite poor at space management. Happens a lot in supermarkets, there will be a stack of stock in an aisle leaving space for one person + trolley to get past and some dithering incompetent will stop in that space blocking both directions. Happens a lot when parking aswell, and I'm sorry to hate on the opposite sex but it's usually them.
I’d tend to agree. My parter bumps into obvious things, slips over, etc regularly.