Your Favorite DVD

Tools    

I must become Caligari..!
Out of your DVD (or laserdisc) collection which one is your favorite, Not your favorite film that you own on DVD. But your favorite DVD and what makes you like it, The Extras, The Sound, The Picture ect.?
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Hondo333
Out of your DVD (or laserdisc) collection which one is your favorite, Not your favorite film that you own on DVD. But your favorite DVD and what makes you like it, The Extras, The Sound, The Picture ect.?
My LOTR special edition DVD. The case is pretty darn cool and the amount of extra's is enourmous. The films brilliant of course but you can get hour upon hour more with the additionals. I also love the general layout.

I agree with Revenant. All the extra stuff jammed in there is just too cool. I don't think you can do much better than the LotR special edition DVD, really. Although, when the Indiana Jones DVD's come out... it could have a run for it's money.

I must become Caligari..!
Snatch:

Audio Commentary-Guy Ritchie (Director) & Matthew Vaughn (Producer)
Deleted Scenes-+/- Director's Commentary (6) (8:57)
Alternate Subtitles-Pikey subtitles
Music Highlights
Trailer-2
Interviews-Cast & Crew
Gallery-Photo
Featurette-Making Of-Making Snatch (24:40)
Production Notes
Biographies-Cast & Crew
TV Spots-(4) (1:09)
Filmographies-Cast & Crew
Storyboard Comparisons-3
Featurette-B-Roll (4:56)

This Problby my favrouite DVD i own, 2 Disc's, Heaps of cool extras and one of the best Commentary's i have heard

Chinatown:

Theatrical Trailer
Retrospective Interviews

Althought "a little" slim on extras (the trailer looks Post made) it has got a great picture transfer of THE best made film ever. The interviews are nice but i would have like a featureette or Commentary (Althoght its pretty much impossable)

Apocalypse Now Redux:

The Destruction of the Kurtz Compound
(with audio commentary by Francis Coppola)
PBR Streetgang
Apocalypse Then and Now
Theatrical Trailer

Again not the heavy'st DVD on Extra's, and agin it's the quaility of the picture and sound that do it for me. Watch it on my newly aquierd 5.1 nerly sent me insane.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Me also on Chinatown, Apocalypse Now Redux and LOTR:FOTR but my fave has to be........

The Silence of the Lambs.

It's one of my all time favourite films and I love the whole presentation.

Out of my collection, my favorites would have to be :

Commentary by 26 members of cast and crew

Theatrical trailer(s)

1.85 Widescreen - Theatrical Version

1.85 Widescreen - Special Edition Version

Over 6 hours of content

"The Making of T2" Featurette

"T2: More Than Meets the Eye" Featurette

"The Making of T2: 3-D: Breaking the Screen Barrier" - in depth look into the making of the MCA/ Universal theme park attraction "Terminator 2: 3D: Battle Across Time"

Supplemental Material - additional features which cover every aspect of the Terminator 2: Judgment Day film making process

Cast and crew information

Entire screenplay

Over 700 storyboards

Limited edition case

Special 32-page collector's booklet

Widescreen anamorphic format

Commentary by Michael J. Fox, Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale

Production notes

All films completely remastered

"Animated Anecdotes" - option to see over 150 facts and trivia notes while viewing

Outtakes and bloopers

Deleted scenes

Live Q&A session

Interviews with the stars

Original "Making of Back to the Future" featurette

Evolution of the special effects featurette

The Hoverboard test

Interactive production archive

Music videos

Screen tests and more[IMG]

Number of discs: 3

New state-of-the-art 5.1 stereo mix plus original mono audio track

Brand-new "Other Voices" documentary with new James Cameron interviews

"The Terminator: A Retrospective" documentary

"Terminated" deleted scenes with James Cameron audio commentary

Hidden menu features

DVD-ROM script to screen

Collectible holographic packaging

Original storyboards, trailers, TV spots, and more!

Plus...

Has to be my Superman Special Edition. I love the film, and the great DVD makes it even better...here are the specs, from IMDB.com

Audio commentary by director Richard Donner and creative consultant Tom Mankiewicz
Isolated musical score in Dolby Digital 5.1, showcasing John Williams magnificent score
4 behind-the-scenes Documentaries: "The Magic Behind the Cape" (Special Effects), "Making Superman: Filming the Legend" (Production and Release), "Screen Tests" (Casting), "Taking Flight: The Development of Superman" (Pre-production)
Superman and Lois Lane screen tests
Audio outtakes: Alternate scoring for 8 Sequences
2 deleted scenes

My life isn't written very well.
Hey Jrs, in regards to "The Family Guy", does anyone involved with production address whether the family members, other than Brian, can actually hear Stuey talk (I'm never sure)? Love "Family Guy" BTW.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Hey Jrs, in regards to "The Family Guy", does anyone involved with production address whether the family members, other than Brian, can actually hear Stuey talk (I'm never sure)? Love "Family Guy" BTW.

Yeah, the whole family can hear hear him.

Pulp Fiction The Collectors Edition DVD either that or i would have to agree with Hondo333...Snatch

We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five. -Jack Black (High Fidelity)

The Monty Python Flying Circus, 14 dvds of pure brit humor, woohoo.

And since I am a newbie here and don't know how to do quotes yet, this is in regards to r3port3r66's question.
There is one episode in particular where a group of students watch the episode and at the end one asks if the family can hear the baby, but his question is unanswered. That is just a snippet of Tod McFarlane's genius.

Originally Posted by jrs

That's my favorite currently.

Mine would have to be my two disc edition of One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest or maybe two disc Reservoir Dogs.

Do you know my poetry?
Back to The Future Trilogy

Indiana Jones Collection

T2 Ultimate Edition

Pulp Fiction Collector's Edition

I ate all your bees.
What Ezikiel said except I would swap BTTF with Fight Club. I must have watched my T2 DVD over 50 times now...

My favorite is most likely either my Casablanca 2 disc set or Futurama Season 1. I can watch either one of those whenever i get bored, and they never get old. Futurama's pilot epsiode has to be the greatest series openers in the history of TV.