Do You Like the New Look?

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
WARNING: "Looks like you are!" spoilers below
We are so spoiled here!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I originally made this post a few days ago and I just now edited it to make is shorter. My "long-winded" problem is pretty terrible. Seems to me I took about 100 lines to say something that should have only taken about 2 lines. I will now try to remove all the extra text. In future, I will try even harder to make my posts less verbose. Everything below the 2nd dotted line below was the original post. I left it intact so you can see the difference. The following is the edited (brief) version.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, the new look is very appealing - very pleasing to the eye. But I had a tiny problem with the unusual sense of humor used by this site. I call it "unusual" because most sites to not use any humor at all in the same contexts. E.G. when I made my first couple of posts, the S/W (software) asked me to decide whether I wanted to preview the text posting it. One option read, "Preview Post". The other read "Sure, Why Not (Submit Reply)". I assume the second option is an attempt at humor. But I had to take a few seconds to figure that out. I'm still unsure. Humor is great. But I think if a site uses humor, it would be better to use it in a different place - not when someone is being asked to make a decision, I think you may want to make that process as streamlined as possible to avoid anything that causes interruptions in order for people to try to figure out what you mean. Please accept this as a very minor point.

Moving on, I do have one serious suggestion. On most other sites, when I make a post or message, I can resize the window containing the text I'm writing. After using this feature elsewhere, I find that I really miss it when I make posts here. This is also a very small matter - especially since I believe it would take a fair bit of time and effort to change things to handle this request. But, there you have it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following text contains the original version (the verbose version).
I would like to make some comments about the current look of this forum. Unfortunately, I haven't been here long enough to know whether the current look is now considered to be the "new" look.

Regardless, IMO, it looks very appealing - very pleasant to the eye. One small problem (and this may just be due to my particular sense of humor) but it seems to me that the sense of humor that seems to pervade this entire site somehow gets in the way when I need to make a decision, For example, when I was making my first few posts here, the S/W (software) asked me to make a decision as to whether I wanted to preview my post or just go ahead and post it. One option read, "Preview Post" and the other option read "Sure, Why Not (Submit Reply)". I took this second option to be an attempt at humor. But I had to stare at it for a few seconds to try and figure out whether the author of the software was just trying to be humorous or was just getting in the way for some reason. It just seemed strange and out of place. I don't know. Did anyone else feel that way? Did it knock you off your game for a few seconds?

I'm guessing the person responsible for writing the S/W might originate from a culture whose sense of humor is markedly different than mine. Has anyone else noticed the kind of humor used by this site's decision making somehow gets in the way of you making the posts you want to make?

In any event, the thing I'd like to ask is this: When I was making my first couple of posts, I found that I would have really liked to be able to resize the window in which I was writing my post. It was just too small and I needed to enlarge it somehow. I have seen similar features on other sites and I've found them to be incredibly helpful when making a post that is somewhat larger than the typical size of Windows boxes.

My problem is that I'm just long winded. I've been trying to make smaller posts for a long time now. But when I write a large post, it's difficult to see how it will look overall when the window is so small.

I've been looking for a location in this forum where I can make some suggestions about the overall look and operation of this place. I asked Yoda about that and he told me, "home page, near the bottom: Movie Forums Site Stuff". I thought this is the right place. Am I correct? Is this the correct forum to make these kinds of suggestions?

This may seem like a simple suggestion. But changing the size of a window usually a lot of work in Windows. So, I'm guessing it would take a long time to do this. If you ever get around to requesting this change from the system developers, that would be wonderful. But I'm guessing it will not happen quickly. In any case, what I'm asking is not very important. But any kind of changes that you can arrange there would be a big help. I will leave this with you and hope for the best.

Finally, I want to say that the longer I spend working with this forum S/W, the more I grow to appreciate it. The overall quality is excellent. It's not only about its appearance. But IMHO, things seem to be designed in such a way to make them easier to use. For example, when making changes to my Profile options, I noticed that the "flow" of control is simpler and easier to understand than it is on other systems I have used.

I wonder if anyone can point me to a link that explains a little abut the people who wrote this user forum S/W? I'd really appreciate being able to see if they ever published some of their ideas that explain the attitude they had for the users of this S/W? I would guess that some of the people who worked on the development team would have likely published some of their thoughts on how this S/W is organized and why they chose to organize it in the way that they did? I ask because I always find it interesting to learn how the people who created the S/W we all use came to the decisions they did. It almost always is a very interesting read.

OK. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post.

A system of cells interlinked
Just quickly @Bluxmax

When you are composing your post, are you using the quick window that appears in the thread at the bottom of the page, or are you going into advanced mode first. In advanced mode, the window is a bit better. Also, don't forget that there is a "Preview Post" option so you can look at exactly how a post will appear on the forum before it actually goes live.